Top 20 Prospects

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Rob O'Gara needs to be higher... a LOT higher.

Agree and O'Gara a LD and Carlo a RD have both been described as having wingspans of a Pterodactyl.

Both are about 6'5" and good skaters, strong hockey sense, and will take the body.

CLaude will think he died and went to heaven if he ever gets these two on Boston same time.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Wow, is this ever difficult now.

1. Khokhlachev
2. Subban
3. Zboril
4. MacIntyre
5. Miller
6. Morrow
7. Heinen
8. DeBrusk
9. Senyshyn
10. Griffith
11. Carlo
12. O'Gara
13. Trotman
14. Arnesson
15. Ferlin
16. Gryzelcyk
17. Donato
18. Forsbacka-Karlsson
19. Lauzon
20. Kuraly

Best I can offer right now.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I don't see Kuraly on any of these lists. Shouldn't he be top 10 or at least 20? Some people seem to think we stole him from the Sharks. I won't count Spooner.

1. Zenyshyn
2. Khoklachev
3. Morrow
4. Debrusk
5. Subban
6. Kuraly
7. Colin Miller
8. Gothberg/McIntyre
9. Zboril
10. Vlader
11. Carlo
12. Heiden
13. vlars Holden
14. Cehlarik
15. Linus
16. Chidinov
17. I Gara
18. Ferlin
19. Donato
20. Forsback-

I don't think Kurlay is a top 10... too many players ahead of him with higher ceilings.

BruinInPhilly

Nov 12, 2005
Philly, PA
Man this is tough. I think we got to go at least 25 deep in this ranking. We got a lot of prospects that have legit chances of being decent players.

1. Subban
2. Morrow
3. Koko
4. Zboril
5. C. Miller
6. Senyshyn
7. McIntyre
8. Debrusk
9. Kuraly
10. Ferlin
11. Griffith
12. Heinen
13. Carlo
14. Celarik
15. Donato
16. Fitzgerald
17. Trotman
18. Randell
19. JFK
20. Grzelcyk
21. O'Gara
22. Zack Phillips
23. Arnesson
24. Vlader
25. Gabrielle

Spoons and Pasta graduated.

We also have a few undrafted FA's we signed recently I know not much about.

Edit: I forgot about Lauzon but he would be somewhere in there as well

Last edited:

BruinInPhilly

Nov 12, 2005
Philly, PA
I don't think Kurlay is a top 10... too many players ahead of him with higher ceilings.

Depends. He might move up as he is described as NHL ready, even if his ceiling is bottom 6 player. Depends on if you give extra points for being closing to reaching your ceiling, He also probably has a lower floor than many.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
That's a lot of good prospects. Gotta assume there are some great players in there.

Puckcrazy51

Feb 28, 2014
Gotta be careful of the "new shiny toy" philosopy. Griffith and Phillips are only 22, same age or younger than free agents from NCAA that are getting signed. Im not having a top 10 list witout those two in it.

BruinInPhilly

Nov 12, 2005
Philly, PA
Gotta be careful of the "new shiny toy" philosopy. Griffith and Phillips are only 22, same age or younger than free agents from NCAA that are getting signed. Im not having a top 10 list witout those two in it.

Ya looking back at mine I definitely think I have Phillips far to low.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I like to do prospect list different seeing as a G/F/D are not competing with each other.

I do my list with a balance between potential and NHL readiness (with a healthy bit of bias mixed in). I don't care if you agree or not --it it MY list!

FORWARDS:
Debrusk
Senyshen
Khokhlachev
Kuraly
Heinen
J.F.K.
Ferlin
Cehlarik
Garbrielle
Hickman
Camara
Phillips
Donato
Cave
Acciari

DEFENCE:
Zboril
Morrow
Carlo
C. Miller
Lauzon
Grzelcyk
O'Gara
Arnesson
Trotman
Benning
Sherman

GOALIES:
McIntyre
Subban
Vladar

BruinInPhilly

Nov 12, 2005
Philly, PA
I like to do prospect list different seeing as a G/F/D are not competing with each other.

I do my list with a balance between potential and NHL readiness (with a healthy bit of bias mixed in). I don't care if you agree or not --it it MY list!

FORWARDS:
Debrusk
Senyshen
Khokhlachev
Kuraly
Heinen
J.F.K.
Ferlin
Cehlarik
Garbrielle
Hickman
Camara
Phillips
Donato
Cave
Acciari

DEFENCE:
Zboril
Morrow
Carlo
C. Miller
Lauzon
Grzelcyk
O'Gara
Arnesson
Trotman
Benning
Sherman

GOALIES:
McIntyre
Subban
Vladar

Curious if you forgot Fitzgerald and Randell or just not a fan enough to include them.

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA
Surprised there's no love for Czarnik in these lists either. I think people will be pleasantly surprised when they get to see him play next year.

Scoutguy77

Jun 7, 2009

FORWARDS:
Debrusk
Senyshen
Khokhlachev
Kuraly
Heinen
J.F.K.
Ferlin
Cehlarik
Garbrielle
Hickman
Camara
Phillips
Donato
Cave
Acciari

DEFENCE:
Zboril
Morrow
Carlo
C. Miller
Lauzon
Grzelcyk
O'Gara
Arnesson
Trotman
Benning
Sherman

GOALIES:
McIntyre
Subban
Vladar

Like this idea of breaking them up. Honestly, not going out on a limb to classify guys that I have not seen. Id rather rate the guys that Ive seen a minimum of three times, any less than that is just going off hearsay or speculating/hype.

Forwards
Koko/Phillips-Toss Up
Griffith
Randell
Camara
Hickman
Ferlin
Acciari

Defenceman
Zboril
Morrow
Miller
Lauzon
Arnesson

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
In 5 years, I think we finally get to the lineup that gives us our next championship window:

Debrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak
Marchand - Bergeron - Senyschyn
Connolly - JFK - Heinen
Gabrielle - Kuraly - Ferlin

Zboril - Morrow
Grzelcyk - C. Miller
O'Gara - Carlo

Rask
McIntyre​

bruinsfan1972

Jul 17, 2010
Don't know why Trotman is so low. He's going to play top minutes in the NHL this season. I understand the "prospect" idea, but do you guys really think that O'Gara or Morrow will ever be able to handle the top line of other teams night after night? I don't. Draft positioning isn't everything.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
I see two cups out of that group, especially with an old grizzled Bergy and Marchy leading them.

I look at that list and see bottom 6 forwards and bottom pairing defenceman, and a bunch of fringe nhl journeymen and ahl players. There is not a single guy on that list that stands out as a potential first line star in the nhl.

2 cups? Jesus

billings21

Jul 13, 2014
MA
it seems like everyone has different idea about what the list is ranking. everyone has khoklachev on top but i find it extremely hard to believe if you called some other team up offering zboril or debrusk or senyshyn even, they'd be like screw off we need khoklachev who 5 years in can't make your nhl team.

bruinsfan1972

Jul 17, 2010
I look at that list and see bottom 6 forwards and bottom pairing defenceman, and a bunch of fringe nhl journeymen and ahl players. There is not a single guy on that list that stands out as a potential first line star in the nhl.

2 cups? Jesus

This. A lot of plugs. The only players on that list that somewhat intrigue me are zboril and senyshyn, maybe McIntyre, and even then it's a reach. Not a ton of first liner or top pairing defensemen putting in 3+ years of ahl time these days. We might have a lot of names, but we're really thin on talent.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Don't know why Trotman is so low. He's going to play top minutes in the NHL this season. I understand the "prospect" idea, but do you guys really think that O'Gara or Morrow will ever be able to handle the top line of other teams night after night? I don't. Draft positioning isn't everything.

Was coming here to say something similar. Trotman, to me, looks like a big responsible RHD who moves well enough for the new NHL and also has a Boychuk like shot. I wish he had a little more nasty, but he looks to be someone who can be a solid 2nd pairing D and, if no more moves are made, very well maybe Chara's partner this year. He isn't sexy, but he is pretty damn safe.

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC

2 cups? Jesus

Yeah it takes a team full of 1st overalls like Edmonton to win a cup :shakehead
These are prospects and I think a good many of them will blossom into a a interesting team dynamic. They will get to know each other quite well and hopefully develop some great chemistry like some of Tampa's young guys.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
This. A lot of plugs. The only players on that list that somewhat intrigue me are zboril and senyshyn, maybe McIntyre, and even then it's a reach. Not a ton of first liner or top pairing defensemen putting in 3+ years of ahl time these days. We might have a lot of names, but we're really thin on talent.

There are not a lot of lottery picks, no. But guess what? Half he guys at the all star game ain't lottery picks either. The Bruins have more prospects right now than they have had in a long time. We have no idea how these kids will develop. Marchand was supposed to be a 4th liner at best. Krejci may have been the least regarded of the three K prospects. Bruins got Boychuk for a future 4th liner because Colorado gave up on him. Danny Paille was a lottery pick. Bergeron and Lucic were 2nd rounders who forced their way onto the roster. You just don't know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad