Top 1995 Prospects (2013 NHL Draft)

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
He also played for stack team in Drumondville (top2 team in the chl). so clearly didnt play 20+min like MacKinnon. But MacKinnon is the best 16yo since Crosby in the Q without a doubt

He was playing 1st or 2nd line until DiDomenico was traded to Drummondville during the Holidays.

I remember going to Drummondville at the end of September and seeing him play with Riendeau and Massé.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Pretty good contenders. But, it can all change in 1 year. Last year, Matia Marcantuoni was a really highly rated prospect, but he's having a rough start this year..could affect his draft rank.

Matia was considered a good prospect , 1st rounder, but nothing elite like the top 5 being discussed for 2013.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
He was playing 1st or 2nd line until DiDomenico was traded to Drummondville during the Holidays.

I remember going to Drummondville at the end of September and seeing him play with Riendeau and Massé.

i remember that too, not sure if he did get pp time with those guys. probably not. he was also playing out of position with those guys playing on LW as he's a natural center. anyway MacKinnon is better

notlp

Aug 13, 2011
Anyone have any idea where Taylor Cammarata might end up? He's doing pretty well in the USHL right now.

LeafsFan2342

#CallupColborne
Dec 4, 2010
Toronto
Sean Monohan of the 67's should be included although he is a late 94

i think that means he is the 2013 because im pretty sure if youre born in October or later your in the next class and to solidify my point he would probably be one of this years top 30 ranked players because hes tearing up the 'O with 33 points in 18 games

BostonMike

Nov 15, 2011
You cant forget about the very smart and talented american born Brandon shea who has yet to open up in his first season in the qmjhl playing for the Moncton Wildcats. Brandon has great size and vision on the ice. This kid should not go unrecognized

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Markus Söberg:

J-18 Elite: 13 games - 18 goals and 11 assists for 29 points
J-20 SuperElite: 11 games - 1 goal and 4 assists for 5 points

He doesn't turn 17 before late April.

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011
Markus Söberg:

Lucas Wallmark, 15 points in 19 U20 games. Does not turn 17 before september.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Any love for William Carrier?

lol I just came in here to ask that.
Kids still 16 until December, he's 6'00" 205lbs, playing on the top line in Cape Breton with a couple 20 year old's and still looks like the best player on the line.
25GP 9G 13A 22PTS +2
Is he being completely overlooked or is there a reason why nobody is talking about him?

Rimbe

Sep 20, 2011
Finland
Finnish goalie prospect Janne Juvonen (eligible in 2013 Entry Draft, late 1994) played his first game in FEL against HIFK. And everybody knows that some bust called Mikael Granlund plays for HIFK. Juvonen was very solid in the game. His save% was 87,50% and that's very good for a goalie as young as he is.

This year's WJC comes way too fast but if everything goes well he is going to be a darkhorse for being the number one goalie in WJC 2013 fighting for the spot between Samu Perhonen and Richard Ullberg.

There are two other great goaltenders from Finland. Ville Husso, Kevin Lankinen and Janne Juvonen certainly make sure that Finns are still producing some great goaltending talent.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Got my first look at Dillon Heatherington last night and was really impressed.

Only seen him once and he didn't look out of place at all. Broncos have a ton of good youngsters, just like the Hurricanes and other recent bottom feeders do.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
lol I just came in here to ask that.
Kids still 16 until December, he's 6'00" 205lbs, playing on the top line in Cape Breton with a couple 20 year old's and still looks like the best player on the line.
25GP 9G 13A 22PTS +2
Is he being completely overlooked or is there a reason why nobody is talking about him?
He doesn't have great hockey sense and is a choppy skater. He does, however, have great tenacity, great forecheck and OK finish.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I got a look at Quebec tonight and Adam Erne impressed me much more then Duclair. Duclair is the better skater and forechecker but that is where it ends. Erne is stronger on the puck, has a better release while having far inferior linemates and ice time. He looks like Jeremy Morin out there.

babyshamble

Sep 11, 2006
Oslo/Bangkok
Markus Söberg:

Now:

J-18 Elite: 14 games - 18 goals and 11 assists for 29 points
J-20 SuperElite: 14 games - 3 goal and 5 assists for 8 points

He was also picked for Norways U-20 team for the Div-1 WC in Germany later this month.

aigledefeu

Oct 30, 2011
quebec
Now:

J-18 Elite: 14 games - 18 goals and 11 assists for 29 points
J-20 SuperElite: 14 games - 3 goal and 5 assists for 8 points

He was also picked for Norways U-20 team for the Div-1 WC in Germany later this month.

Really impressive, rest of the team are all 92,93 and he's 95. Curious to know what he can do!!

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
Wow what a game between the Halifax Mooseheads and Quebec Remparts. All 3 2013 top prospects scored, Mackinnon having 5 goals.

All 5 Mackinnon goals were highlight reel including the empty net goal where he danced around 3 defenders.

Duclair scored a beauty dancing around San Jose draft pick Konrad Abeltshauser but only showed spurts of his talent.

Erne was similar scoring one goal and playing with lesser teammates. I'd caution people from strictly basing their opinions on Erne and Duclair by strictly looking at the stats as Duclair plays on Quebecs top line with Grigorenko and Roy.

Grigorenko showed some great high end skill. Had a goal and assist (I believe) and rang one of the crossbar from the high slot.

The game was all about Mackinnon though scoring 5 goals in the final 2 periods. Dangerous every shift. And was matched against Quebec captain Tam every shift.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
He doesn't have great hockey sense and is a choppy skater. He does, however, have great tenacity, great forecheck and OK finish.

Are you sure about that? He's been excelling since the trade deadline (after you posted this) and knocking his hockey sense and saying his finish is "OK" seems a bit misguided now.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Are you sure about that? He's been excelling since the trade deadline (after you posted this) and knocking his hockey sense and saying his finish is "OK" seems a bit misguided now.
He has continued to improve since those comments but he still doesn't have great hockey sense and probably fits in as a good 3rd liners at the moment. I love Carrier but lets not get carried away. This is essentially his draft year, he has played with this age group all the way through hockey.

I was the first one to hype this kid last year in camp on the Eagles board. As a 4th round pick I said he would be NHL drafted, the same I said about Brodeur in camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad