Top 1995 Prospects (2013 NHL Draft)

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
Well Bo also lead the Alliance league in scoring. Not enough attention given to the Alliance and some of these teams have played well against the top ranked Toronto teams.

Horvat will be a top 10 player.

And there is currently a player in the Alliance who may get Exceptional status, and has gotten more publicity then any player in the GTHL.

They get attention from those who matter, scouts.

Last edited:

Rshields

Oct 23, 2009
I think on many nights Ryan Pulock has been better than many of the highly touted 2012 draft defencemen. He has outpointed them all.
By the later games in the U17 he had emerged as one of the best D-men on the ice in most games.
It's easy to forget he is a rookie and unreal that he is two years away from his draft.
On those PP and PK he goes one on one with the best in the league and often comes out on top.
He has never really had his tires pumped by experts because he was 7th round steal in the Bantam draft.
Most of these kids still playing midget will be lucky to get to where his game is now in their draft year. How much better will he be by then?

Last edited:

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
Lukas Wallmark just broke his shinbone and will miss the rest of the J18-playoffs and further play with the national team.
Hopefully he'll be back fully restored next season..

Saw someone mentioning Anton Cederholm. If I'm not mistaken,Cederholm and Wallmark are the only ones born in 1995 who have played with Swedens Team 17 so far.

Issacar

Jan 19, 2011
I wouldn't overlook Jonathan Drouin, he's ripping it in the Q's. He's a top 10 pick in the next LHJMQ's draft.

Jordan Subban has already been named but I definitely want the Canadiens to pick him. More arrogant then Pernall Karl, bigger body, just as talented... I also want Malcolm SUbban to back up Carey Price in the net.

Puckluck11

Feb 13, 2008
Luleå
Lukas Wallmark just broke his shinbone and will miss the rest of the J18-playoffs and further play with the national team.
Hopefully he'll be back fully restored next season..

Saw someone mentioning Anton Cederholm. If I'm not mistaken,Cederholm and Wallmark are the only ones born in 1995 who have played with Swedens Team 17 so far.

That's to bad. Hope for a speedy recovery. Last season Jacob De La Rose as an underager played a few games with the U16 team aswell.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
I wouldn't overlook Jonathan Drouin, he's ripping it in the Q's. He's a top 10 pick in the next LHJMQ's draft.

Jordan Subban has already been named but I definitely want the Canadiens to pick him. More arrogant then Pernall Karl, bigger body, just as talented... I also want Malcolm SUbban to back up Carey Price in the net.

Jordan subban is 5'8

member 30781

What about Thomas Welsh? Wasn't he a top defenseman in Canada playing on the same team as Domi in the GTHL? He moved to the States to play at Salisbury Prep. He is a good kid and I have spoken to him a good bit. He still isn't sure if he is going to play in Juniors or stick around to play NCAA. But he was one of the best Dmen in Canada and it seems he's not getting enough mention.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
What about Thomas Welsh? Wasn't he a top defenseman in Canada playing on the same team as Domi in the GTHL? He moved to the States to play at Salisbury Prep. He is a good kid and I have spoken to him a good bit. He still isn't sure if he is going to play in Juniors or stick around to play NCAA. But he was one of the best Dmen in Canada and it seems he's not getting enough mention.

With respect, he was not the top rated defenceman in Ontario, let alone Canada.

He is a heck of a player, but not at the level of a Varga, Nurse, Subban etc...

Last edited:

member 30781

With respect, he was not the top rated defenceman in Ontario, let alone Canada.

He is a hack of a player, but not at the level of a Varga, Nurse, Subban etc...

A hack? Really? I spoke to Subban about Welsh a couple months ago when they played against each other. Don't remember him saying anything but praise about Welsh. If he is a hack, however, then I do hope he jumps up the rankings.

Ceekay

May 6, 2009
Ottawa
44 points in 63 games isnt look like kicking ass i would say:)

For someone who was 15 when the season started it is :) His production has really ramped up the 2nd half of the season. Played 3d line minutes for most of the first half and now is the 2nd line C and is lighting it up on a pretty reg. basis.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto

Jordan is rather small. Looks like he's 5'7-5'8. Definitely smaller than PK.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Dad is 6'1-6'2", PK is 6'0' and Malcolm is 6', so its fair to say that he will be 6 at the least.

Yeah thats what im thinking too, he should grow to at lest 5'10 or 11 and probably 6. Plays the game exactly like pk even to his goal celebrations and on ice enthusiasm from waht ive seen (canada games). However has and will garner much more media attention than his brother did coming up. Tigers92, do you see many of his games in the gthl? Just wondering where you would rank him for ontario 95 dmen, comared to guys like nurse. When I saw him I thought he was better than any d on team ontario but nurse is the one getting all of the attention, just wondering if canada games was one of his better showings, or if he always plays to that level.

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
Yeah thats what im thinking too, he should grow to at lest 5'10 or 11 and probably 6. Plays the game exactly like pk even to his goal celebrations and on ice enthusiasm from waht ive seen (canada games). However has and will garner much more media attention than his brother did coming up. Tigers92, do you see many of his games in the gthl? Just wondering where you would rank him for ontario 95 dmen, comared to guys like nurse. When I saw him I thought he was better than any d on team ontario but nurse is the one getting all of the attention, just wondering if canada games was one of his better showings, or if he always plays to that level.

Tigers watches a lot more MM Ontario hockey than me, but Subban definitely elevated his game during the Canada Games. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go top 3 come May. He can have a Ryan Murphy-like impact in the OHL, IMO.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Watching the finals of the OHL cup Domi looks good.

I find the 93 born ontario draft class weak, and I find he looks good against weaker compition but against more talented players he is a little above average, he is exciting player with good speed and exellent puck handling, he has a good accurate shot but he over handels the puck by far, when he plays against harder comp. he has trouble with talented defense as he goes right into the trenches and does not know how to create space for himself...he has the talent to be a good player, but he has a long way to go.

Though Subban is small IMO he is the most talented player in the draft.

Nurse is good, good skater, excellent control of the play, good passing and a decent shot of the point, for a guy his size though he has to be more aggressive and physical, he has all the attributes to be a star defender but he does not use his talent to his advantage...if he can learn to use his talent he is a future NHL player.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
I find the 93 born ontario draft class weak, and I find he looks good against weaker compition but against more talented players he is a little above average, he is exciting player with good speed and exellent puck handling, he has a good accurate shot but he over handels the puck by far, when he plays against harder comp. he has trouble with talented defense as he goes right into the trenches and does not know how to create space for himself...he has the talent to be a good player, but he has a long way to go.

Though Subban is small IMO he is the most talented player in the draft.

Nurse is good, good skater, excellent control of the play, good passing and a decent shot of the point, for a guy his size though he has to be more aggressive and physical, he has all the attributes to be a star defender but he does not use his talent to his advantage...if he can learn to use his talent he is a future NHL player.

95 draft class?

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
Ryan Pulock and Eric Roy of the Wheaties are both on track to be 1st round picks in the 2013 draft. Big, smart d-men, they will have 3 dub seasons under their belts by the draft. Watch for them.
Pulock is more all around d-man, Roy more offensively orientated

scouting842

Apr 2, 2011
I was at the Canada Winter Games and the players that looked a step ahead and really stood were, Nathan McKinnon, Curtis Lazar, and Max Domi up front. On the that backend was Madison Bowey, Josh Morrissey and Darnel Nurse. This Bowey kid is the real deal though, he dominated in almost every game leading a poor Manitoba team to 5th place. He had 7 points in 6 games. He reminds exactly like a Drew Doughty. He is an excellent skater, Very high IQ, great shoot, Controls the play, and also plays physical. He is with the kelowna Rockets who have a developed a lot of great D-men in the past years. He had an assist and was plus 2 in 3 games with them this year. By going to Kelowna this guys will forsure be a top 10 pick in the 2013 Entry Draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad