Top 100 Forwards in the NHL

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
I'm sorry but that opinion is ridicolous. Kucherov has the most points from any points since the 1990's this season and won the Art Ross Lindsay and Hart in a rout, and would have done the exact same last season but he fell off in the last 10 games. To say there is no discussion that he isn't the league's best player is giving into the cult like mentality around McDavid which also existed for Sid before, where no matter how good a player was the cult mentality would say but but they are nowhere as good as Crosby. Now it's but but they are nowhere as good as McDavid. It's absurd to have 128 points and still have this kind of cult mentality prevailing.

In a point for point basis 228 points in last 2 years for Kucherov, 224 points in 2 years for McDavid. Kucherov has the clear edge.
Or you can watch them play the game and clearly see McDavid is better. 4 more points for Kucherov but 31 more PP points on a stacked unit. Extend it to 3 years and McDavid has 11 more points with Kucherov having 36 more PP points.

McDavid also dominates primary points.

Reactions: flying v 604

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Good list. I’m going to break the trend and say you actually have one of my players to high. I think Jamie Benn should be outside of the top 100. I know you said that you won’t knock someone off for a rough year, but he wasn’t a player that had bad luck he just looked bad. Hopefully I’m wrong though.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Gallagher is the Habs best player and he's not in there, Jonathan Drouin of all people is ahead of him :laugh: This is incredible

You ask people to ease off and criticize them for thinking your top 50 prospect list is awful.. but this is your response to this?

Reactions: RalphyDanger

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Good list. I’m going to break the trend and say you actually have one of my players to high. I think Jamie Benn should be outside of the top 100. I know you said that you won’t knock someone off for a rough year, but he wasn’t a player that had bad luck he just looked bad. Hopefully I’m wrong though.

I’m with you in thinking that Mantha shouldn’t be on the list until he starts being more consistent.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Every year Bergeron outplays Matthews and every year Matthews gets ranked ahead of him on 'potential'. Can't wait for TSN to do it for the 3rd year in a row despite Bergeron bouncing him when it counts. At what point is it time to put up, or shut up?
Matthews outplayed Bergeron in the first round this year. 5 goals 1 assist vs 3 goals 2 assists, Bergeron wasn’t some god defensively like Bruins fans imagine he was. Not too mention Bergeron plays on a stacked line which obviously boosts him.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Every year Bergeron outplays Matthews and every year Matthews gets ranked ahead of him on 'potential'. Can't wait for TSN to do it for the 3rd year in a row despite Bergeron bouncing him when it counts. At what point is it time to put up, or shut up?

73 goals. 195 pts
Versus
111 goals. 205 pts

Marchand and pasta vs. Hyman. Brown. Kappy. Johnson. Ennis. Nylander.

Who outplayed who?

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
73 goals. 195 pts
Versus
111 goals. 205 pts

Marchand and pasta vs. Hyman. Brown. Kappy. Johnson. Ennis. Nylander.

Who outplayed who?

Bergeron lapped him. Watch head to head in the playoffs. They're not even in the same stratosphere.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Lol Matthews can’t hold Ovechkin’s jock. When Matthews gonna score 50 goals and 90 points then we might have a conversation. There’s absolutely no argument to favor Matthews over Ovechkin right now
If anything its injuries that are the concern. Pre shoulder injury Matthews was Mack level(play off vs CGY) dominant last season.
In the play offs I think he had an old injury (previously broke femur[had pin]) act up. He was scheduled to have the old pin removed in the off season, I believe it was supposed to be in Aug. Any how within days of being eliminated he went into surgery to have it removed. Only reason they would have done that is if it was infected or other issue. If it was infected it would explain why Matthews was not himself.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
thanks for the effort OP

I wouldn't have Tarasenko over Wheeler, nor would i have Laine over Hertl. Those stuck out for me

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
Or you can watch them play the game and clearly see McDavid is better. 4 more points for Kucherov but 31 more PP points on a stacked unit. Extend it to 3 years and McDavid has 11 more points with Kucherov having 36 more PP points.

McDavid also dominates primary points.
I have mcdavid as number one, but huh? I think we have different definitions of dominating, as both players are close across almost every category of counting stat. And considering Kucherov’s skill set is more suited to the PP, it makes sense he would have more points on it.

DeanYoungblood10

Dec 18, 2014
What happened with benn? Haven't really been keeping an eye on the stars. Is his body just breaking down? He was dominant a few years ago

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
1. McDavid (100 points every year after his first season)
2. Kucherov (I don't see how this is up for debate after how well he's played of late. Playoffs are a bit of a drag, though)
3. MacKinnon (Currently very dominant)
4. Marchand (Gets better and better)
5. Barkov (Don't see how you'd have Matthews or some of the young guns above him at this point in time at all. 96 points and generally great defensively. Matthews had 73 in 68. Don't see how that is better at all aside from hype).
6. Crosby (Consistent production, but I don't see how he's second CURRENT YEAR.)
7. Ovechkin (Best goalscorer hands down)
8. Kane (Continues to produce)
9. Malkin (Career, he'd be right up there with Ovi, Crosby and McDavid, but he had a down year).
10. Stamkos (Don't want this guy in the playoffs; the numbers speak for themselves, and not just this year).

HM: Bergeron, Draisaitl, Tavares, Marner, Rantanen, Matthews, etc.

That's my rough top 10. From 3 downwards, the order gets more debatable.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Just like many of you, by this time in the middle of the summer I start itching for anything hockey. I was bored and had some spare time so I decided to put together my list of the top 100 forwards in the league.

My Criteria:

This list is based on the top 100 forwards at this very moment. It has nothing to do with potential and nothing to do with contracts, it is simply based on who I believe are the best forwards in the NHL at the moment, entering the 2019/2020 season. While the 2018/2019 season is very influential in these rankings, I try to look at the prior 3 seasons (when applicable) rather than simply looking at last year. For this reason, some players who had monster years ( Brayden Point) may not be as high as some would like. I also don't like completely writing players off after one subpar year (J. Benn/Kopitar).

I will acknowledge that I am a huge Wings fan, so it is only natural that some Wings bias appears in my rankings, however I really did try to be as unbiased as possible, and tried hard not to overvalue any of the Red Wings on the list. I am also aware that many people will have completely different opinions, and I welcome the feedback. Rather than just telling me "my list sucks" tell me who I forgot, tell me who I have rated too high or too low. If you really do think it sucks, and you want to call my list bad, at least put forth an argument as to why it is bad.

Top 100 NHL Forwards- 2019/2020

1. C. McDavid- Edmonton
2. S. Crosby- Pittsburgh
3. N. Kucherov- Tampa Bay
4. A. Ovechkin- Washington
5. N. Mackinnon- Colorado
6. P. Kane- Chicago
7. B. Marchand- Boston
8. S. Stamkos- Tampa Bay
9. E. Malkin- Pittsburgh
10. A. Matthews- Toronto
11. L. Draisaitl- Edmonton
12. J. Tavares- Toronto
13. J. Gaudreau- Calgary
14. A. Barkov- Florida
15. P. Bergeron- Boston
16. A. Panarin- N.Y. Rangers
17. T. Hall- New Jersey
18. D. Pastrnak- Boston
19. M. Marner- Toronto
20. M. Scheifele- Winnipeg
21. M. Rantanen- Colorado
22. J. Eichel- Buffalo
23. C. Giroux- Philadelphia
24. V. Tarasenko- St. Louis
25. B. Point- Tampa Bay
26. T. Seguin- Dallas
27. B. Wheeler- Winnipeg
28. S. Aho- Carolina
29. N. Backstrom- Washington
30. R. O’Reilly- St. Louis
31. A. Kopitar- Los Angeles
32. E. Kuznetsov- Washington
33. E. Pettersson- Vancouver
34. D. Larkin- Detroit
35. M. Stone- Vegas
36. J. Toews- Chicago
37. J. Benn- Dallas
38. F. Forsberg- Nashville
39. P. Kessel- Arizona
40. M. Barzal- N.Y. Islanders
41. M. Duchene- Nashville
42. L. Couture- San Jose
43. S. Couturier- Philadelphia
44. S. Monahan- Calgary
45. J. Voracek- Philadelphia
46. B. Boeser- Vancouver
47. J. Huberdeau- Florida
48. P. Laine- Winnipeg
49. A. Radulov- Dallas
50. G. Landeskog- Colorado
51. T. Teravainen- Carolina
52. T. Hertl- San Jose
53. A. DeBrincat- Chicago
54. R. Getzlaf- Anaheim
55. M. Tkachuk- Calgary
56. J. Pavelski- Dallas
57. V. Arvidsson- Nashville
58. E. Lindholm- Calgary
59. J. Marchessault- Vegas
60. T. Meier- San Jose
61. M. Zibanejad- N.Y. Rangers
62. C. Atkinson- Columbus
63. M. Domi- Montreal
64. P. Dubois- Columbus
65. J. Skinner- Buffalo
66. J. Guentzel- Pittsburgh
67. K. Connor- Winnipeg
68. M. Hoffman- Florida
69. R. Johansen- Nashville
70. N. Hischier- New Jersey
71. A. Mantha- Detroit
72. W. Nylander- Toronto
73. S. Reinhart- Buffalo
74. B. Schenn- St. Louis
75. W. Karlsson- Vegas
76. R. N-Hopkins- Edmonton
77. E. Staal- Minnesota
78. E. Dadonov- Florida
79. M. Zuccarello- Minnesota
80. J. Schwartz- St. Louis
81. P. Stastny- Vegas
82. Z. Parise- Minnesota
83. N. Kadri- Colorado
84. B. Horvat- Vancouver
85. N. Ehlers- Winnipeg
86. C. Keller- Arizona
87. M. Pacioretty- Vegas
88. J. Bailey- N.Y. Islanders
89. M. Granlund- Nashville
90. R. Rakell- Anaheim
91. A. Lee- N.Y. Islanders
92. D. Krejci- Boston
93. Y. Gourde- Tampa Bay
94. A. Athanasiou- Detroit
95. B. Tkachuk- Ottawa
96. D. Strome- Chicago
97. T. Tatar- Montreal
98. T. Oshie- Washington
99. J. Drouin- Monteal
100. D. Perron- St. Louis

Arvidsson scores way too many goals to be that low. Keller, Pettersson and Tkachuk should also be higher.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Matthews outplayed Bergeron in the first round this year. 5 goals 1 assist vs 3 goals 2 assists, Bergeron wasn’t some god defensively like Bruins fans imagine he was. Not too mention Bergeron plays on a stacked line which obviously boosts him.

He may not be a “defensive god” but he is arguably one of the best all time and quite easily better than Matthews defensively while also having a better PPG the last two seasons as well.

There’s really no reason to have Matthews ranked above Bergeron if you’re excluding potential.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Really, this is your proof? That is not even real hockey.

Real hockey? What is it basketball? I mean it's laughable. I guess there is no proof they have chemistry if we ignore any proof because it doesn't fit a narrative. I know for a fact the day Matthews leaves the Leafs he will suddenly get respect on here, just like Kessel did.

Reactions: Glacious

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad