Top 100 Forwards in the NHL

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
If you are going to rank players based on the past three seasons, Playoffs need to be included. Your top five need to be shuffled around.
1. Sidney Crosby
2. Alex Ovechkin
3. Brad Marchand
4. Evgeni Malkin
5. Patrick Kane

Reactions: Twowingcantfly

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Lol no Mack daddy is two. Did you watch the Calgary series? He’s close to McDavid IMO

Exactly what i'm talking about. He's elite but he's nowhere close to McDavid and he's not a top 5 player in the league. Barkov is better than him and he's not even top 10 on this list? Recency bias overload.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Kuch should be ahead of Sid, MacKinnon and Kane should be ahead of Ovi, Stamkos too high, period, and guys like Bergeron and Barkov should be ahead of Tavares (and Stamkos). Also think Marner should be higher than Panarin, but that's more personal preference than based on any sort of undeniable proof.

I just focused on the Top 20. It gets way too muddled after that.

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
Kuch should be ahead of Sid, MacKinnon and Kane should be ahead of Ovi, Stamkos too high, period, and guys like Bergeron and Barkov should be ahead of Tavares (and Stamkos). Also think Marner should be higher than Panarin, but that's more personal preference than based on any sort of undeniable proof.

IMO tavares, shef, Barkov and Bergeron are all pretty similar.

Stamkos is definetly too high should be lower than all 4.

Reactions: Twowingcantfly

Jamie Winston

Jul 13, 2019
Then how did Dylan Strome make it?

Still a pretty good list.
Strome scored 51 points in 58 games with Chicago (scoring at 70 point pace) witch would respectably place him better then fellow player ranked near him Tatar, Oshie, drouin, lee. He deserves to be there.

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
Strome scored 51 points in 58 games with Chicago (scoring at 70 point pace) witch would respectably place him better then fellow player ranked near him Tatar, Oshie, drouin, lee. He deserves to be there.
Not really the guy even said he isn’t putting guys like point who had 1 good year over people who had 1 bad year but a good track record.

Strome shouldn’t b there at all

RalphKing

Mar 28, 2017
Ok...but I quoted the list creator who said he took the last 3 years as consideration when making the list. Now what? How's he done over 3 seasons?

illpucks

May 26, 2011

MacKinnon and Kane are not ahead of Ovi. And If Kuch is ahead of Sid he should be above McDavid too.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
I’m not sure how Matthews cracks the top 10 if you ignore potential. He’s a PPG type player right now. That’s not top 10 imo. If you take into account potential then I can see it.
For example, how is he ahead of Drai and Tavares who are the two guys right after him on the list. To me it looks like you’re taking into account potential.

I’ll just speak to the Leafs example but Matthews is a better player than Tavares.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Stone and Debrincat are too low.

Matthews is too high.

Those were most noticeable.

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
Fair enough, except Matthews being overrated AGAIN

Didn’t prove anything yet and he’s ahead of the likes of Draisatl, Bergeron, Tavares, Gaudreau and Barkov whose had career year and played to their actual potentials ? Lol okay..

Plus, I have no problem with Sid at #2. The guy is 31, just put up 100 points, while playing at Selke level and literally carried his team on his back last season. Not to mention that he outpointed guys in their prime like Mackinnon, Gaudreau, Barkov, Matthews, Marner, Rantanen just to name a few.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
A 58 game sample size shouldn’t vault anyone into this list imo. It’s supposed to be based on three years not 70% of one season.
Strome shouldn’t be anywhere on the list at this point imo.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Fair enough, except Matthews being overrated AGAIN

Didn’t prove anything yet and he’s ahead of the likes of Draisatl, Bergeron, Tavares, Gaudreau and Barkov whose had career year and played to their actual potentials ? Lol okay..

Plus, I have no problem with Sid at #2. The guy is 31, just put up 100 points, while playing at Selke level and literally carried his team on his back last season. Not to mention that he outpointed guys in their prime like Mackinnon, Gaudreau, Barkov, Matthews, Marner, Rantanen just to name a few.

If Matthews played wing for McDavid and shot 20% he'd put up a monster season too. Sadly, his most common line mates last year were Johnsson, Marleau, Kapanen, and a struggling Nylander. Matthews is basically what Oilers fans claim Drai is.. A big, elite #1 C who can carry his own line.

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
If Matthews played wing for McDavid and shot 20% he'd put up a monster season too. Sadly, his most common line mates last year were Johnsson, Marleau, Kapanen, and a struggling Nylander. Matthews is basically what Oilers fans claim Drai is.. A big, elite #1 C who can carry his own line.

You can’t put two elite players together and assume they gonna click. It’s all about chemistry. Nothing garantee Matthews would be as much successful as Drasaitl on Mcdavid’s wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad