3. Draisaitl
4. Marner
5. Schiefele
6. Tavares
7. Pettersson
8. Wheeler
9. M.Tkachuk
10. Miller

The first few are pretty obvious but near the end it gets tough. I have a "just missed the cut" list but I want to hear others rankings first. Let me know if you disagree/agree with anything.

Fire away!
You could even say Marner is 3rd right now. Draisaitl has been injured for a while. He has looked off for a good 2 weeks. Affecting his skating. Missed practice a few times to rest. I would have Marner at #2 honestly. He has been having a great year. #1 in ES points

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
lol right now they definitely are,, anderson for sure

muzzin shaking in his boots everytime Andy is on the ice
Anderson is on path to another 47 point season.. while making 5.5 million, being a non factor as the season moves along and helping his team tank away their chances of being a competitive playoff team

52 pt pace per 82 rn and dropping fast. Why is mtl so bad at signing contracts?

Price one of the worst deals in the league, anderson on path to become a bad contract, drouin a bad contract, edmunson a bad contract

Hopefully habs avoid overpaying their crop of 2C-3Cs and 2bd pairing defensive prospects

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
1. McDavid
2. Draisaitl
3. Matthews
4. Schiefele
5. Marner
6. Pettersson
7. Ehlers
8. Gaudreau
9. Horvat
10. Connor

HM: Toffoli, RNH, Wheeler, Tavares, Turtlechuk, and Boeser. Stutzle will be on this list in short order as well.

Some elite, elite forwards in the North. Best collection of high end forwards of any of the divisions in the NHL.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
lol right now they definitely are,, anderson for sure

muzzin shaking in his boots everytime Andy is on the ice
funny how you say Anderson, because if anyone Toffoli looks to be doing better.

not gonna entertain the antics though. neither are top 10. not even in consideration.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Very easily. The fact that you have Matthew Tkachuk over him tells me you don't watch Calgary.

He's been one of the top scorers in the league since he joined while carrying the worst "1C" in the league.

He's quickly becoming the most underrated winger in the league.

Yep. Dudes gonna get moved and kill it as a supporting piece on another team. Kessel style.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Scheifele
Draisaitl
Marner
Petterson
Tavares
McDavid
Connor
Matthews
Wheeler
Gaudreau
A few candidates that are really close that could have made the cut.

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
Winnipeg will never have one of the top three players on that list.

Winnipeg should, however, have more players in the top ten than any other team. Just not top three. Which is fine. Hockey is a team game, and it's better to have several "A" level players than one or two "A+" players, with "Bs" and "Cs" to support them.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Brady Tkachuk should be on more of those lists.

I'm a big fan of what Brady does... But I can see why he's not on too many lists. He's probably somewhere in that 7-15 range and a lot of posters will err towards players with a longer track record / sample size.

Here's mine:

McDavid
Mathews
Draisaitl
Scheifele
Marner
Pettersson
Gaudreau
Connor
B. Tkachuck
Wheeler

Disclaimer: I tend to value centres a bit higher, and I'm looking more in terms of over multiple seasons, not just the last 20 or so games (sorry Habs players).

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario

Winnipeg should, however, have more players in the top ten than any other team. Just not top three. Which is fine. Hockey is a team game, and it's better to have several "A" level players than one or two "A+" players, with "Bs" and "Cs" to support them.
I agree. Schiefele, Wheeler, Connor, Ehlers, and Dubois are all top line caliber players. Although none are bonafide superstars having 5 1st liners (so basically 2 1st lines) along with good depth will make for a very strong forward group.

Reactions: hn777 and Jaytee

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
1. McDavid
2. Draisaitl
3. Matthews
4. Schiefele
5. Marner
6. Pettersson
7. Ehlers
8. Gaudreau
9. Horvat
10. Connor

HM: Toffoli, RNH, Wheeler, Tavares, Turtlechuk, and Boeser. Stutzle will be on this list in short order as well.

Some elite, elite forwards in the North. Best collection of high end forwards of any of the divisions in the NHL.

Not according to US market fans :sarcasm: North division isn't even NHL teams according to some. I'd put Tavares and the ninja turtle in place of the canucks duo, pretty much agree with the rest.

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Wheeler has the counting stats but if you probably asked jets fans to rank their forwards based on this season alone it would be

Shiefele
Ehlers
Connor
Wheeler
PLD

Connor over Ehlers if we're talking last couple years but Ehlers slightly ahead this season. PLD just getting his legs but great last 2 games... Would maybe put him ahead of Wheeler but Wheels has also turned it around defensively lately

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015

Jets have 5 in the top 15 forsure. Any 5 of them could be in the top 10 in North scoring in a given year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad