Top 10 Forwards In The North Division

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
Really weird that such an all-time great, who is supported by other great players, can't win a playoff series.

Point being: pump the breaks.
Its not fair to say that, the only reason leafs cant win any playoffs rounds is insert whatever excuse of the day they want to use...

Mathews gets less PP thats why, mcdavid and dr drai play on the same line its not fair...

Im sure i am missing a few :popcorn:

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
I think GMs would put Brady in this list because of how impactful he is even if the points are second tier rather than first tier

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
Really weird that such an all-time great, who is supported by other great players, can't win a playoff series. Amazing that a team like Columbus someone stopped a team of dominant everything.

Point being: pump the breaks.

Irrelevant. It's a team game and he was only 22 last playoff series. He can win plenty.

Are we really going to put Draisaitl ahead because of a single playoff series win in 2017? LOL.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I wonder how long before someone like stutzle pops up in this list. I think he's going to be clearly Ottawa's best forward by the end of the year if he isn't already. Maybe by next year he makes this list.

Reactions: Vukotal Recall

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Irrelevant. It's a team game and he was only 22 last playoff series. He can win plenty.

Is "Can Wins" a new advanced stat?

People wonder why Leafs fans get jumped on when the team inevitably under-achieves year after year. It's because of the constant hype. Pump the breaks.

Reactions: Another AZ

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
Is "Can Wins" a new advanced stat?

People wonder why Leafs fans get jumped on when the team inevitably under-achieves year after year.
It's because of the constant hype. Pump the breaks.

They've been clear underdogs in 3 of 4 series. Maybe Leaf fans are just aware of the entire situation unlike other fans? Their first 3 years they were a young team facing the cup favourite. Shouldn't they be favourites in series and have home ice advantage to have been underachieving yearly?

Bragging about a 2017 first round like it puts Draisaitl in some different league of accomplishment..wow.

Why is Matthews judged so haashly for not winning a round by age 22 yet it's ok Eichel and Barkov miss yearly?

Reactions: nofehr

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I wonder how long before someone like stutzle pops up in this list. I think he's going to be clearly Ottawa's best forward by the end of the year if he isn't already. Maybe by next year he makes this list.
probably not that long. will probably need a full regular season under his belt for any consideration over these proven guys though. so maybe after next years season?

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
They've been clear underdogs in 3 of 4 series. Maybe Leaf fans are just aware of the entire situation unlike other fans?

Every year they are the greatest team with the greatest players but then suddenly they are underdogs.

You can't have it both ways.

Reactions: Another AZ

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
Every year they are the greatest team with the greatest players but then suddenly they are underdogs.

You can't have it both ways.

I can have it that way since I don't think that and have never stated it. I love these "over-the-top made up quotes LOL

Based on facts, were the Leafs underdogs and lower seeds in their first 3 playoff series? How did they underachieve? Matthews and Marner were 19 their first series ... I'm fine with saying they've unbderachieved once in a year the NHl was shit down due to COVID. But the first 3? Nope.

Congrats on the big 2017 first round win...

What a silly argument you are making. Hockey is a team game. Draisaitl has won nothing with his team.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
i mean how good do they have to be? Monahan and Lindholm arent stars but they are good players.

and how does that excuse work for Gaudreau when Tkachuk produces similarly playing with inferior talent in Backlund and Mangiapane?
Gaudreau is playing with Monahan and a combination of trash. The majority of the season has been Leivo, Simon or Nordstrom.

Joe n

Aug 12, 2019
I can have it that way since I don't think that and have never stated it. I love these "over-the-top made up quotes LOL

Based on facts, were the Leafs underdogs and lower seeds in their first 3 playoff series? How did they underachieve? Matthews and Marner were 19 their first series ...

Congrats on the big 2017 first round win...

What a silly argument you are making.
you haven't heard about the trophy for winning a round

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
you haven't heard about the trophy for winning a round

Oh winning a round now has become some epic achievement LOL. I never heard this till the Leafs stopped winning rounds. The Leafs were seen as big losers for losing the E. conf finals under Quinn.

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
Josh Anderson will be bought out or moved in 3 years.
1 20 goal season. 1 40 point career season. 6 years left. Has major injury issues..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->