Speculation: Too many wingers

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Long-term I see ehlers rw

For this season I hope they keeo him on the left because the alternative is putting one dano/Stafford on the left or on the fourth line andStafford is terrible on LW and I don't trust them to put him on line four

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015

For this season I hope they keeo him on the left because the alternative is putting one dano/Stafford on the left or on the fourth line andStafford is terrible on LW and I don't trust them to put him on line four

huh?

LW Ehlers-Laine-Connor
RW Wheeler-Stafford/Dano

not a possibility?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
huh?

LW Ehlers-Laine-Connor
RW Wheeler-Stafford/Dano

not a possibility?

I think Armia is also an option for 3rd line RW.

I won't be shocked if Laine starts at RW, particularly if Matthias plays LW and/or Perreault plays LW.

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Laine
Connor-Burmi/Lowry-Stafford
Matthias-Copp/Lowry-Armia/Dano

BrianFromAIH

Long Time Lurker
Jun 16, 2012
Warren, OH, USA

Agreed.

I think Laine-Scheifele-Ehlers is the long term first line.

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
Agreed.

I think Laine-Scheifele-Ehlers is the long term first line.

I actually don't agree with this. With so much talent in the pipe, you never know what kind of chemistry will develop with the likes of Connor, Petan, Armia, Lemieux, and crew available. Always keep an open mind and keep all your options open.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
After my last debacle, I'm a little hesitant to jump back in, but here goes:
To start the season:
ESW
Laine - Little - Dano
Connor - Perreault - Stafford
Matthias - Lowry - Armia
Burmi

By Xmas:
Laine - Scheifele - Ehlers
Connor - Little - Wheeler
Perreault - Petan - Stafford
Lemieux - Lowry/Burmi - Dano
Burmi/Lowry

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
For what?

Man, do you guys have a lot of questions!

For me, it's fairly simple. Get what you can from whoever is willing to be a partner. Sometime before the end of the season, whoever replaces him from our list of eligible young wingers will be better than he was. Right now he is blocking somebody though, and is not a good role model in terms of his two-way game on top of everything else.

Waiting till the trade deadline doesn't allow the team or the individual player as much development time.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Man, do you guys have a lot of questions!

For me, it's fairly simple. Get what you can from whoever is willing to be a partner. Sometime before the end of the season, whoever replaces him from our list of eligible young wingers will be better than he was. Right now he is blocking somebody though, and is not a good role model in terms of his two-way game on top of everything else.

Waiting till the trade deadline doesn't allow the team or the individual player as much development time.

Most teams have made their roster decisions already. Trades will likely be at a trickle now.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Stafford seems more likely to go at the trade deadline. I think the Jets would likely have to retain salary if they wanted to trade him much earlier than that.

I actually think we might see a big season from Stafford, considering that he must see the competition and he's in a contract year. He'll need to come to camp in great shape and be ready for a big push this season.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Stafford seems more likely to go at the trade deadline. I think the Jets would likely have to retain salary if they wanted to trade him much earlier than that.

I actually think we might see a big season from Stafford, considering that he must see the competition and he's in a contract year. He'll need to come to camp in great shape and be ready for a big push this season.

Only teams that might have interest are the ones "rebuilding" who could then deal him at the deadline. Those teams are not likely to offer much in picks and prospects back though. We'd probably have to absorb a similar "vet" as return.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
If the Jets are in the hunt at the deadline, I think Stafford becomes our own rental so to speak. And as someone who would have flipped if we lost a Ladd or Buff for nothing, I have no problem using Stafford as our own rental if this indeed comes to pass.

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
Only teams that might have interest are the ones "rebuilding" who could then deal him at the deadline. Those teams are not likely to offer much in picks and prospects back though. We'd probably have to absorb a similar "vet" as return.

If you think he is insulated because of his salary, waive him. Send him down to the A to play the third line. We won the trade regardless what we get from him this year, but we get more if we get less if you catch my drift.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
More I'm analysing your roster, you should definitely trade guys like Marko Dano + Paul POstma +extras to Anaheim for Cam Fowler.

They would like those cheap caphits and you would get supersolid TOP5 defence.

Perreault - Scheifele - Wheeler
Ehlers - Little - Stafford
Laine - Lowry - Burmistrov/Armia
Matthias - Copp - Armia/Burmistrov
(Peloso, Thorburn)

Fowler - Byfuglien
Enström - Myers
Stuart - Trouba
(Chiarot, Strait)

Hellebuyck
(Pavelec, Hutchinson)

That's a great roster.

marktheshark55

Jan 19, 2014
More I'm analysing your roster, you should definitely trade guys like Marko Dano + Paul POstma +extras to Anaheim for Cam Fowler.

(Peloso, Thorburn)

Fowler - Byfuglien
Enström - Myers
Stuart - Trouba
(Chiarot, Strait)

Hellebuyck
(Pavelec, Hutchinson)

That's a great roster.

I have a hard time seeing Laine playing with Lowry. He needs more skilled linemates to feed his "wheel house"

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

(Peloso, Thorburn)

Fowler - Byfuglien
Enström - Myers
Stuart - Trouba
(Chiarot, Strait)

Hellebuyck
(Pavelec, Hutchinson)

That's a great roster.

These two with Laine is not a good idea at all.
No way they do this.

I also think your progression would look better if Stuart was not in the top 6.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

Even though I'm not a huge fan of Fowler, I'd love to add him. Unfortunately, unless we're moving a D (which I would't for Fowler besides Enstrom (which Ana wouldn't do)), we wouldn't be able to protect all 5 (Enstrom, Buff, Trouba, Myers, Fowler).

Also, Ducks fans on here value Fowler as a RNH / Drai level (for comparison). No way would I move that kind of value.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
If the Jets are in the hunt at the deadline, I think Stafford becomes our own rental so to speak. And as someone who would have flipped if we lost a Ladd or Buff for nothing, I have no problem using Stafford as our own rental if this indeed comes to pass.

This is a sound position to take.
Playoff teams need depth. We have it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad