Post-Game Talk: Too Little Too Late - Jets Fall In Game 4 (2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
We had our chances early until that brutal fourth line goal and chairot playing the puck right to them in the crowd. Once they got up they did not screw around or push for goals at all. Means we must get the first goal in Nashville. Best 2 out of 3. We need to take another in Nashville. This thing is going 7 me thinks

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
That game left me angry and frustrated. If they weren't flubbing passes, and shooting them into each other's feet, they were destroying any momentum they had by skating a slow as possible up the ****ing ice. Also, **** you, you waddling **** head of a coach, for keeping Matt Hendricks in the line up when you have a supposedly healthy and medically cleared Mathieu Perreault. **** that stupid passive 1-4 forecheck that Nashville used for the entire third.

My thoughts exactly. They looked terrible out there most the game.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Can't pin this loss on him, but yeah he contributed nothing. Hard to see Roslovic making any difference

Hoping Frenchie would. If he’s in next game and the Jets actually come to play we will be a handful. HUGE game coming up

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Eeeeh, we've won in Nashville before, we can do 'er again. Expecting a much better game next one.

By the way, I lost all of my vMonies, so someone else will have to buy the drinks tonight.

Reactions: DharmaBum

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
The way little has been playing how could Maurice not have moved him to 2nd line. Especially with how putrid connor has been. Connor should have been demoted to 4th line with 1 of copp or armia coming up to play with Lowry and Taney.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Like I said before the playoffs started, my biggest concern about this team was our coach. The other team traps and you play Hendricks over Roslovic and give your 2 worst dmen the most 5-5 time through 2? What does our coach do during the game exactly?
Hendricks in there is just stupid. That's his new Thorburn and you know how he over used Thorburn.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Little and Tanev were probably the only ones that played well out of all forwards. Well, and Laine for 2 last minutes out of 60. Tying the game was genuinely close at that point.

Preds trapped Jets nicely.

Buff was no good, and Myers was finally really as bad as his numerous haters tell you after most of the games.

Trouba and Morrissey were O.K., Trouba almost good.

On positive side Maurice finally made some changes on the lineup. Some 20 minutes too late but still. C-St-W, E-S-L.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
It’s a huge missed opportunity. Pressure is definitely on the Jets now. They showed absolutely no urgency tonight. They stole a game in Nashville and will have to do it again. Also, I like your avatar.

You could very well be right about the pressure being back on the Jets but that's the nature of the playoffs. Momentum swings happen and I believe the Jets can get another win in Nashville.

GJF is the one who made this awesome avatar, but I'm glad you like it.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Lol.

Still finding ways to blame Hendricks and therefore PoMo. I don't even want Hendricks in the lineup but some of the takes are really showing a lack of understanding in how hockey games are won.

Myers/Chariot on the other hand are terrifying most of the time.

No bounces tonight. We should get em next game.

Reactions: Jet and DharmaBum

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
The last couple of games should show Maurice that Hendricks is bringing absolutely f****** nothing to the table, and taking a lot off of said table. He has done s*** all but handicap the Jets. Ice a 4th line you can actually use regularly and that isn't a hindrance.

Need to steal another one in Nashville here. We're capable of doing it. Perreault should be back in, if Hendricks is still in the lineup playing the same trash game PoMo deserves to lose this series. I hope Murat needles him on his lineup decision if Perreault was truly cleared to play.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
The way little has been playing how could Maurice not have moved him to 2nd line. Especially with how putrid connor has been. Connor should have been demoted to 4th line with 1 of copp or armia coming up to play with Lowry and Taney.

Perhaps but Connor would not be effective at all on the fourth line

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Can't pin this loss on him, but yeah he contributed nothing. Hard to see Roslovic making any difference

His line was the one that was out there for the first goal against, and he plays so few minutes relative to everyone else. He drags the fourth line to such an abysmal number, and makes matchups that much easier for Nashville. Edmonton, for all their faults and flaws, saw the sense in not playing Matt Hendricks in the playoffs last season. f*** you, Paul Maurice.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
OK, let's try one of these for a change.

ESW: Scheifele with by far the worst game I have ever seen from him. Just a terrible effort all around; did he forget how to complete a pass? Wheeler was practically invisible, and if it was not for me getting too used to focusing on Ehlers' play, he would probably have been too. This is not a first line on a team that plans to go past round two.

CSL: Jesus Christ. Don't let Laine's goal mask his f***ing awful effort level. A couple of decent shots from him, and that was it; he brought nothing to the mix. Connor was not much better, if at all; no effort, no urgency. Stastny looked like he was trying, but with no support from either of his wingers, not much he could have done.

TLL: Tanev looked great. In a game where none of the stars showed up, his effort really shone through. Little looked good too. Lowry with an uncharacteristically shaky game.

HCA: Fart.

44-8: I liked Trouba in this one. Morrissey was passable.

39-33: Sub-optimal Buff, I guess. He was nowhere near the beast he has been for the past two weeks, but then again, that is one high bar. Enstrom looked decent.

7-57: In the spirit of asset management... just trade Myers. Please. As for Chiarot, I can think of better ways to ensure a roster spot with Kulikov coming back.

37: This was not Helle's fault.

Maurice: Shameful.
Effort level: Terrible.
Special teams: I want to die.

The series: far from being over. I'm not quitting - hopefully the Jets aren't either.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
That game left me angry and frustrated. If they weren't flubbing passes, and shooting them into each other's feet, they were destroying any momentum they had by skating a slow as possible up the ****ing ice. Also, **** you, you waddling **** head of a coach, for keeping Matt Hendricks in the line up when you have a supposedly healthy and medically cleared Mathieu Perreault. **** that stupid passive 1-4 forecheck that Nashville used for the entire third.

Seriously, what the **** was he thinking putting the fourth line and the third pair out for a defensive zone faceoff? I'm still mad about that.

Thanks for summarizing my thoughts on the game for me. You the man

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
gonna need connor and a few to be alot better or sit out. none of this soft shit turn over hockey. no one said the playoffs or nashville were gonna be easy but the joy of winning is worth it. see you in hickville kittens!

Reactions: DashingDane

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Solidly outcoached.

I mean we got spanked on coaching.

It was 1-4. That's it. And we decided that in all our wisdom we would have all our guys cheat up and sit on the blue line while they could force dump ins with flat footed forecheckers.

I'm absolutely furious. There is zero reason a NHL team should ever look like this against the trap. We could have uses our power play entry where we drop it back because it's the same style. We didnt.

We could have had everyone skate up together so we have forechecķers with speed we didn't.

I'm absolutely horrified. While everyone was celebrating Maurice like he was amazing, I said at the beginning of the playoffs if we had to rely on coaching we are screwed. Coaching is now costing us games. Hendricks was playing wing today no excuse for not drawing in anyone else.

It looked like it was the first time Pomo has seen the trap. And that should scare the shit out of all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad