Post-Game Talk: Too Little Too Late - Jets Fall In Game 4 (2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Everything going for them, and Jets simply got snoozed, in their own barn.

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
Sucks to lose this one guys. Sucks to lose this one. Best 2 out of 3 now. Let's go over to there barn and destroy them.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Fart.

Scheifele, Laine, Connor - useless. Buff, Myers - bad. Maurice - taken to the cleaners by Laviolette.

Trouba, Enstrom - good looks. Tanev, Little - great.

The 4th line - WWWWHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!??

Such a wasted opportunity.

I guess wheeler was invisible

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Just a crappy game for the Jets. The Preds played well and all credit to them. I'm not going to blame any of the Jets players, but since I feel like blaming somebody...
knzGnxT.gif

Reactions: eepruls and Vekke

Yutronkov

Apr 7, 2018
Ottawa Valley
Well I think this team relishes the underdog role....it’s gonna take one helluva effort to win game 5. Our score res have tos show up its that simple. And no f***ing Matt Hendricks please. He was on the ice for the overtime goal on game two....on the ice for the first goal tonite. For f*** sakes maurice

oldunclehue

Jun 16, 2010
To me that game comes down to a simple coaching mistake, 2 minutes left in the first and they leave our 4th line out for a defensive zone draw...momentum swings in the final minutes of a period kills teams.

Then no solution to the trap, and we let PK have free shots from the point...

Get better Paul and the team will follow!

Saturday is ours!

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I wonder if other fanbases have this "the sky is falling" attitude about a 2-2 series tie.

It’s a huge missed opportunity. Pressure is definitely on the Jets now. They showed absolutely no urgency tonight. They stole a game in Nashville and will have to do it again. Also, I like your avatar.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I wonder if other fanbases have this "the sky is falling" attitude about a 2-2 series tie.

People want to be recognized as the first people to have given up hope. I have no idea why else one would possibly make such pessimistic claims that they truly deep inside know are an exaggeration. Whatevs. Chances still quite real.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
That game left me angry and frustrated. If they weren't flubbing passes, and shooting them into each other's feet, they were destroying any momentum they had by skating a slow as possible up the f***ing ice. Also, f*** you, you waddling shit head of a coach, for keeping Matt Hendricks in the line up when you have a supposedly healthy and medically cleared Mathieu Perreault. f*** that stupid passive 1-4 forecheck that Nashville used for the entire third.

Seriously, what the f*** was he thinking putting the fourth line and the third pair out for a defensive zone faceoff? I'm still mad about that.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
At least the last 5 minutes left a bit better taste in mouth. Lost home ice advantage but no one should be surprised the Preds can play hockey and Rinne can make a save... This is a good series. Hopefully the Jets and Maurice will learn from that game. Also we need get back to 4 actual lines now that Armia is back.
Yes. Would have sucked going into next game after a shutout and the way they were playing most the game.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
only good thing is, didn't watched first two and half periods. most important game of the franchise so far and they went to freeze who would guess that

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

Something is just off. Maybe it’s the inexperience. Not sure, but they get their asses kicked every first period. That doesn’t bode well. How much can you reasonably play from behind? Too many missed opportunities. Feel it could bite us.

Absolutely they are capable of taking the series but they sure are letting the Predators stick around.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
The idea is to play your game, not the other team's. Pretty large fail, tonight. But this team has bounced back all year, after a bad performance......

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I think Maurice should really keep the lines that he put after the blender. It was starting to look already like some offence again. I never understood why Scheifele and Wheeler should always play together when they are the two best line drivers for the Jets. Scheifele is also a master in finding Laine and Ehlers, so it should be the best way to use the talents of all those three optimally. Laine and Ehlers can also find Scheifele pretty nicely.

At least start the next game with ESL and CSW and see at least a period or two how well it works. I can’t say I have seen the previous lines as very optimal although the Jets have done pretty well with those lines too. Now the opposition is just that tough, that the real optimal lines would be needed.

Last edited:

The Russian Rocket

Nov 18, 2017
If someone still wants to pretend Maurice is a good coach, I'm out of words. He's got a great lineup of players and that alone has got them this far; I have never seen Maurice tactically out coach anyone. And playing Hendricks who wouldn't even keep up with me in skating is making Maurice look all the more stupid.

Reactions: Board Bard
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad