Post-Game Talk: Too cold for hockey? no tv tonight

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
And the Sharts announcer is ready to have kittens on the deal but Wilson got dumped by their boy so that's that!

Oh I spent the better part of the game in a debate with Sharks fans on the main boards.

I get their frustration with the lack of eligibility for video review, but come on. The ref thought he saw something. They are human. They see what they see. Just because your announcers whine about it doesn't mean it's worth whining about.

Predsfan78

Ambassador
Jul 24, 2010
Nashville
Just read that Peks was without crutches tonight. Horay to progress but let him heal completely before letting him practice.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Hornqvist may have gotten in the way of a Shea bomb and took it off his foot.

Bourque had a pretty bad game Sunday so I can see why he sat. As well as, the Sharks having some agitators.

Crowd was dead.

I think Marleau scores at least one goal a game against us.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Tough to tell from the one angle being shown on the general board, so no context as to how much contact there was between Vlasic and Wilson or anything leading up to the end of that play. Undoubtedly a goal we'd all be pissed about if it went against us, but it's the type of call you inevitably have go against you a couple times a year, so whatever. Sharks are a better team than us, no real excuse for it being that close in the first place. We'll take the 2 points where we can get them.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Looks like Legwand decided to leave his ski mask at home last night and didn't rob the team of his game check.

Starting to get disappointed in Cullen. Something needs to get him going.

Defensemen score 2 of the 3 goals.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Yeah, the Sharks fans want to whine about a blown call, when they had plenty of scoring chances. That point seems to have been overlooked in the " we was done wrong" hoopla.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
An involved roster from the start of the game ... team defense ... a few breaks including a soft goal in our favor and what probably should have been a waived off game winner ... Maz with a good game ... now to see if they can do it again next game.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I went to the game and was surprised at how many people were there to join me. Figured it would be like that Atlanta game when we had the ice storm. It was a rather quiet crowd but engaged. I had fun.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Wooo great win! Team is still so bi-polar; lose to Pants / Canes then go out and beat the Sharks in regulation.

To me that was goalie interference though haha. Congrats to Ekholm on his 1st!

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Good call...Ek too.

Edit: In the end, the D combined for 17 of our 28 shots. Sheesh...Is that normal around the league?

No, pretty sad the D-men have more skill and willing to create offense than the forwards.

I would say Jones, Ellis, Weber, and Josi have a better ability to pass, enter the zone, and take shots then over half the forwards.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
No, pretty sad the D-men have more skill and willing to create offense than the forwards.

I would say Jones, Ellis, Weber, and Josi have a better ability to pass, enter the zone, and take shots then over half the forwards.

I'd say that is one of if not the biggest black mark on Trotz/Poile's tenure here.

sighthndlady

Sep 29, 2006
Sharks without 7 of their forwards are not quite as good as Preds minus Rinne. Hmmm.

It was a fun game to be at, though!

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I went to the game and was surprised at how many people were there to join me. Figured it would be like that Atlanta game when we had the ice storm. It was a rather quiet crowd but engaged. I had fun.

Really? On TV it looked completely empty.

Enjoyed listening to Drew Remenda's call of the game. Best in the biz, IMO.

AstroDan

Stars, cars, guitars
Jan 29, 2009
NorCal
Yeah, the Sharks fans want to whine about a blown call, when they had plenty of scoring chances. That point seems to have been overlooked in the " we was done wrong" hoopla.

I think it was a blown call, but that one goal was not the reason Nashville won. SJ could not get any zone pressure on Offense. They coldn't win key face-offs and Nashville effectively clogged up neutral zone making our forecheck a second late. Good grind-it-out win. Someday, maybe SJ'll figure out how to get two points from you.
GL rest of the way.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Really? On TV it looked completely empty.

Enjoyed listening to Drew Remenda's call of the game. Best in the biz, IMO.

Even with their complaints about the goalie interference and inability to get our players' names right from time to time it was a good overall call. Hell, Pete and Terry have been with the team since day one and they still get our players wrong.

One thing on the Sharks broadcast I took note of was the chat with their assistant coach just before the third period. When their flat play was mentioned the coach said it was on their leadership group to change that by example and setting the tone for the team.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Even with their complaints about the goalie interference and inability to get our players' names right from time to time it was a good overall call. Hell, Pete and Terry have been with the team since day one and they still get our players wrong.

One thing on the Sharks broadcast I took note of was the chat with their assistant coach just before the third period. When their flat play was mentioned the coach said it was on their leadership group to change that by example and setting the tone for the team.
lol.

Crispy's call during a penalty kill was classic. "Predators are trapped in the zone like they're playing shorthanded"

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00