Value of: Tony DeAngelo

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
What is the value of a one-dimensional offensive dman? That's a tough one to be honest. These types of players are dangerous. Their point totals will suggest high dollar contracts but their overall contribution when taking in consideration their defensive liabilities is far less. Ghostibere is probably a good comparible.

I tend to stay away from one-dimensional offensive dmen as there is high risk of overpaying in trade and in contract dollars.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
What is the value of a one-dimensional offensive dman? That's a tough one to be honest. These types of players are dangerous. Their point totals will suggest high dollar contracts but their overall contribution when taking in consideration their defensive liabilities is far less. Ghostibere is probably a good comparible.

I tend to stay away from one-dimensional offensive dmen as there is high risk of overpaying in trade and in contract dollars.

Suggesting he’s one dimensional is a great way to let everyone know you don’t watch him play much.

He’s obviously exceptional offensively, but needs to continue working on his defensive play - much like most young dmen in this league. Suggesting he’s one dimensional is a straight up dumb statement.

He has a lot of battle in his game. He’ll try and create separation with his body. He’s not afraid of physical contact. He can also drop the gloves. He’s not a 4th forward on the ice that neglects playing his position.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
He may or may not be moved but if he does what do you think is the suspected value of him? He's having an amazing year but the Rangers have a lot of defensive prospects in the system and maybe moving tony would be for the best since he'll cost a pretty penny to keep.

His value to the Rangers is enormous. He’s on pace for 63 points. He’s not available for a combination of decent assets. We have no desire to trade him.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
What is the value of a one-dimensional offensive dman?

This statement pretty much makes it obvious you don't watch the guy play.
While he isn't one of the better defensive first players, he certainly has developed his game enough where he is not a liability. I think a lot of the negative people focus on relates more to the state of the Rangers Defense as a whole and not individual de fenders or goaltenders when we talk about them here. It is obvious many people look at the stat lines and just assume.......this guy is bad. It's like judging him for what he did in a different league 4 or 5 years ago and saying he is the same guy now.

He brings a lot with his game.....offense aside, he is physical, he is a good skater, he'll stick up for team mates and I think he is one of the best passing defenders in the league at this moment.

Value I think would be a solid 1st and a really good prospect.......a young 1 LHD, or a young top 6 C.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Probably a mid-late first and second rounder, using the Hamilton to Flames as a base.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Suggesting he’s one dimensional is a great way to let everyone know you don’t watch him play much.

He’s obviously exceptional offensively, but needs to continue working on his defensive play - much like most young dmen in this league. Suggesting he’s one dimensional is a straight up dumb statement.

He has a lot of battle in his game. He’ll try and create separation with his body. He’s not afraid of physical contact. He can also drop the gloves. He’s not a 4th forward on the ice that neglects playing his position.

Well, if he's not one-dimensional, his defensive game needs A LOT of work. Like.... a lot of work.

I think NYR fans want to deal him because they are terrified of signing him to a high dollar contract and i can't blame you guys for that.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Well, if he's not one-dimensional, his defensive game needs A LOT of work. Like.... a lot of work.

I think NYR fans want to deal him because they are terrified of signing him to a high dollar contract and i can't blame you guys for that.

You labeled him as a one dimensional player. Your opinion on him is clearly wrong and nobody should take you seriously considering you don’t watch him play much.

And NYR fans don’t want to trade him.

You’re going to need a larger shovel with all the digging you’re doing here.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
You labeled him as a one dimensional player. Your opinion on him is clearly wrong and nobody should take you seriously considering you don’t watch him play much.

And NYR fans don’t want to trade him.

You’re going to need a larger shovel with all the digging you’re doing here.

Time will tell if he can resolve his defensive deficiencies. While i agree that he's young and has time to do so - i see him as a Ghostisbere type of Dman. I wouldn't touch him at the moment until he proves to be a more well rounded dman.

NYR are gonna have to shell out for him this offseason after snubbing him with the lowball 1 year offer.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

Another clueless post.

Having Ada, Trouba and Fox on the Right side allows you to deal from a position of strength.

I have no problems keeping him long term

Reactions: slg1963 and Kupo

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Another clueless post.

Having Ada, Trouba and Fox on the Right side allows you to deal from a position of strength.

I have no problems keeping him long term

So he doesn't have defensive deficiencies? lol

Good luck re-signing him in the offseason. His next contract will be a huge risk.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Time will tell if he can resolve his defensive deficiencies. While i agree that he's young and has time to do so - i see him as a Ghostisbere type of Dman. I wouldn't touch him at the moment until he proves to be a more well rounded dman.

NYR are gonna have to shell out for him this offseason after snubbing him with the lowball 1 year offer.

Dear god man, it’s painful watching you struggle. We didn’t snub him. There was no cap space and he didn’t have and bargaining rights. Good players get their payday eventually and ADA will get his.

We don’t care if you would touch him or not. He’s not available unless it’s for a premium. We have no problem re-signing him long term. He’s been a terrific player for us and he continues improving all aspects of his game.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Do you watch him play? Just curious. Besides the points he puts up his defense has improved as the season has moved on. still only 24

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
These threads about deangelo are silly. I know the rangers have some cap issues next year. But there's no reason to trade deangelo at all in my opinion. The guys become a stud. Make other trades or worst comes to worst buyouts.

Reactions: Vinny

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

Agreed, its surprising that so many see the benefits of dealing from a position of strength.

No one on the Rangers will replace his point production, but the Right side is well cared for with Trouba, Fox and Nils for the next 10 years.

The desire to move ADA is completely driven by that above fact and his current value.

Which I personally understand.

That said, I'd shift Fox to LD and keep ADA long term.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Do you watch him play? Just curious. Besides the points he puts up his defense has improved as the season has moved on. still only 24

I have watched him play yes. He is currently a defensive liability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad