Value of: Tony DeAngelo

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
That is way too much coming from Anaheim. Kase potentially given they tried to trade him for Faulk maybe add a mid pick, but adding Comtois is way too much. Especially given he's an ELC player and expansion exempt.

Also: ADA wanting to get paid and BM's notorious cheapness with RFA's seems like a disaster waiting to happen - plus they don't have a protection slot for him

what do you consider correct value, in a vacuum, and what do you consider adequate or better offer from ANA?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
last info from Yardbarker the other day is for the first time, NY and TOR are talking about him

He'd be a huge + IMO despite some Leaf fans here saying 'do not want'. Upgrade over Barrie. But I don't see acceptable currency returned to NY, unless Rangers add significantly and we are getting Nylander back.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
last info from Yardbarker the other day is for the first time, NY and TOR are talking about him

He'd be a huge + IMO despite some Leaf fans here saying 'do not want'. Upgrade over Barrie. But I don't see acceptable currency returned to NY, unless Rangers add significantly and we are getting Nylander back.
Nylander I'll take fox

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
what do you consider correct value, in a vacuum, and what do you consider adequate or better offer from ANA?

As I mentioned in the last part of my post, I don't think he's a good fit for ANA period. They do not have a protection slot for him for one thing. Also, Murray is known for being extremely stingy in RFA negotiations, and players that dare to file for arbitration generally don't last long in the organization. Both of those facts together pretty much ensure that they wouldn't end up keeping him long, which makes anything they trade for him essentially a wasted asset.

Reactions: bernmeister

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
He's not available for anything that wouldn't be percieved as a huge overpayment by the other team.

He's elite offensively and has been good defensively since the start of November after a shaky start to the season, likely due to his holdout. Though most Ranger fans argue for Fox (and I can definitely see where they are coming from) I think he's been our best defenceman this season and he clearly was last year as well.

The fact that he's scored 55+ points over his past 82 games for months now (60+ recently) paired almost exclusively with the broken down Marc Staal and at times playing shutdown minutes makes it all the more impressive.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Rangers should have made a move for Nylander last year when his value was at its lowest. Doubt Dubas trades him now barring an overpayment.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Nope. Us having another center like that makes totally no sense. We already have depth at C and with us grooming Chytil as our future #2C we don't really need Glass. Tuch makes a bit of sense but not for DeAngelo

Not commenting on value or anything like that, but usually centers can be moved to wing (except Kevin Hayes for some bizarre reason). Having more centers than you need is never a bad thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad