Player Discussion Tony DeAngelo: Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
He needs to be back on PP1. Fox has been fine there but Tony is still better , he moves around a lot more laterally, and thats something our PP is sorely lacking. Of course it won't matter until the rest of the unit starts moving too but still, we're only destroying his value even more by keeping him off the PP.

BTW this team has the almost perfect personnel to be running an umbrella PP wtf is wrong with these coaches

correct

2 things.

first, tony is fine on the pp point. the pp is a mess (BLAME THE COACH for his putting out there 4 right handers) with everyone darling adam fox on the pp point or sometimes jake trouba doing his michael delzotto/michael rozival/ryan mcdonough impressions. note: none of these guys should have ever been pp point men. ever.

with adam fox and trouba the pp is humming along at 15% which is good for 21st in the league

note: the pk is 26th in the league at 70% and again blame the coach.

second, the pp is predictable and mechanical. the inability to win a crucial face-off doesnt help either. these guys have no clue. same old story. too much permitter passing. missing the net, whifs on one timers and generally running around doing nothing.

note: f/o % is last in the entire league at 41.8%

time to change the head coach.

its time.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Our PP1 was too good last year. Makes sense that we had to take ADA off of it.

Mind you, Fox is damn good in that spot, but if we were going to mess with that unit at all, then swapping Strome out was our only real way to try to improve it.

Panarin, ZBad, Kreider, ADA, are the best we have for their respective PP roles; maybe Buch or somebody could step in and be better than Strome.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
No Johnson, and DeAngelo plays great. I was a bit worried about his conditioning, but maybe it’s nothing.

Last edited:

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
when Tony get his PP time, he gets into the feel of the game and plays better. He earned that right and should stay on PP1. We have five defenseman playing well. That third LD is our weakest guy whether it's Smith or Johnson. I wish Robertson was ready.
To be fair, Smith isn’t bad. He’s a good bottom pairing defenseman in my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
To be fair, Smith isn’t bad. He’s a good bottom pairing defenseman in my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

i really don't like him, but forever burned into my mind is AV benching the Skjei/Smith pair in the final minute in the PO's against Ottawa for f*cking Staal/Holden.

Never forget. That was the downfall of him. And when he acted a testicle and had a fist fight with a rookie teammate while in the minors.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
i really don't like him, but forever burned into my mind is AV benching the Skjei/Smith pair in the final minute in the PO's against Ottawa for f*cking Staal/Holden.

Never forget. That was the downfall of him. And when he acted a testicle and had a fist fight with a rookie teammate while in the minors.
Lol true. f***ing AV :facepalm:

And you don’t like him as a person or a player? Or both?

Reactions: Rongomania

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Lol true. f***ing AV :facepalm:

And you don’t like him as a person or a player? Or both?

:laugh:

I think we can all agree that he was true dog shit for a while but I've come to agree with most now that he's redeemed himself to bottom pair/Solid mentor for the kids. Seems to respect Quinn and have Quinn's respect. Therefore, I must respect. Also, Kinda f*ck Lettieri.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
:laugh:

I think we can all agree that he was true dog shit for a while but I've come to agree with most now that he's redeemed himself to bottom pair/Solid mentor for the kids. Seems to respect Quinn and have Quinn's respect. Therefore, I must respect. Also, Kinda f*ck Lettieri.
I liked for everything you said except the last sentence xD

Why so harsh? Lol

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
when Tony get his PP time, he gets into the feel of the game and plays better. He earned that right and should stay on PP1. We have five defenseman playing well. That third LD is our weakest guy whether it's Smith or Johnson. I wish Robertson was ready.
I whole heartedly agree that DeAngelo should be on PP1 and you may well be right when you say that when used that way, he gets the feel and plays better.

The entire PP looks different with him darting around.

Reactions: leetch99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad