Player Discussion Tony DeAngelo: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers might have something here. The guy is very talented. Maybe they can increase his value & move him down the road with his continued good play. One or two year bridge contract this summer.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
The Rangers might have something here. The guy is very talented. Maybe they can increase his value & move him down the road with his continued good play. One or two year bridge contract this summer.

Why would they want to move him? Assuming ADA can sustain this level of play, he's a long-term piece of the rebuild. I like the Letang comparisons.

In what world would it make sense to move him? He's 23 years old and they've lacked sorely at this position ever since Leetch left.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Not seeing the need to move a good young, right handed offensive defenseman. Something this team has been trying to find for the last 5 years.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
There comes a point where you don't just move every guy as soon as they hit peak value.

Imho DeAngelo is a building block player. Rhd, phenomenal skater, great instincts. If he's gotten his head on straight he's a number 1 defenseman.

And I'll just go ahead and say it....we robbed the coyotes.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
my favorite part of TonyD's season is that we have 64 million LHD we finally get a good RHD and he likes playing the left side wtf man lol

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Yikes, I love his game, but for the love of god don't ever mic him up again. I like listening to mic'd up players because usually they just pretend it's not there. He was performing like some kind of theatre actor. Seemed like the guys around him, especially Vesey, were just awkwardly laughing trying not to be mean.

He's a young guy, so hopefully he'll mature, but christ, someone should pull him aside and tell him to cut it out. No wonder Quinn benches him for maturity issues.
Idk it just looks like you are blowing this way out of proportion bc of your own bias. There's a HINT of what you're saying but you'd think he was yelling "EXTREEEME!" While guzzling red bull and grabbing himself like a drunk fratboy. All he did was communicate on the ice and did a dumb bit about "sickest player". Oh no. The horror. How immature

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
kid is über talented. been that way for a long time.

when he was here in syracuse, he was always one of the most talented players on the ice for either team. you could just see the puck poise back then.

quinn is fortunate to have him

rather than try to change him, relax a little, loosen the noose around his neck, and sit back and let him play.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Idk it just looks like you are blowing this way out of proportion bc of your own bias. There's a HINT of what you're saying but you'd think he was yelling "EXTREEEME!" While guzzling red bull and grabbing himself like a drunk fratboy. All he did was communicate on the ice and did a dumb bit about "sickest player". Oh no. The horror. How immature

My bias? I have been one of the biggest defends of Tony D on this board all season. I absolutely love his game and think he should be playing huge minutes in every one.

And he was basically running around like a dumb fratboy. It's not a big deal or anything....and I'm not blowing it out of proportion, but he was behaving like an annoying fool and I can see how that would wear thin on guys and especially coaches over the course of a season.

I also find it really strange that other people thought it to be 'hilarious.' I mean, we all know guys who behave like that at parties and they're always the ones you're annoyed by. Another poster put it perfectly earlier in the thread when he said - it's the kind of behavior that makes you wish you were blackout drunk. Unless, of course, you are that guy.

Reactions: egelband

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
People call Marchand a POS & immature. Anyone, on any team would be lucky to have him and we all know it.

I believe we’ve also now found our skilled, nasty bastard. And I could not be happier.

It's possible to play with an edge without being an immature POS. In fact, it's not that hard. I think in time ADA will get there.

I made a comment on the video, but this is getting blow up a little. It's not a big deal, or any major problem. I can just see how it might annoy coaches and teammates to act that way all the time (and I have no way of knowing whether he does or doesn't).

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I think tony is the type you have to bridge. And that’s coming from someone that thinks he’s a star. He’s gotta prove he can be a pro. Doesn’t have to prove the talent is real he just has to prove he can be a pro into his next contract. If he can do that cut him a blank check on his next one. But have to be careful giving a guy like this at his age too much money and term

You have to be able to keep him in check a bit.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
*He’s also 23

I don’t know about you guys, but I was faaar from ‘entirely grown up and completely adjusted’ at 23....

I think we’ve got the righty madman dman we’ve all hoped for. It only took 2 years and 50% of this board to change their minds entirely.

Rock and roll kid.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
He'd be pretty crazy to take that. If he ends up being a consistent 50 point #2-3 defenseman he could get 6M easily.
Getting locked in a $3 million is pretty huge for a guy who hasn't made close to that yet. If he does reach that level, is $6 million going to improve his quality of life that much?

Reactions: egelband

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
If he can keep his mouth shut and stay in the lineup all season he’ll push 50 points next year for sure IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad