Player Discussion Tony DeAngelo: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I'm glad DeangeNO hit Okposo. I'm glad he bloodied that chump.
If only you knew...
And I’m not even going to respond to the rest of that post, because something like that deserves zero attention. One of the dumbest things I’ve read on here.

And you know what’s funny? We disagree on everything. I love DeAngelo, but wish he didn’t do that to Okposo. You hate him, but you like that he “bloodied” him.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
That was hilarious. We must keep this kid. Team struggling for W’s and the young, fiery Dman has everyone laughing and having a good time. That’s what it’s all about, his comedy is a weird kind of leadership support. Very cool to see. Whatta funny kid.

“The sickest individual in the entire NHL, JIMMY VESEY!”
I f***ing love this guy. 8 year deal. Now.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I love DeAngelo, but wish he didn’t do that to Okposo. You hate him, but you like that he “bloodied” him.
So what you are doing is endorsing play that gets no response from teammates. You are stating that standing up for your teammates is the wrong thing to do and that opposing teams should be able to do whatever they want and the whole team should turn the other cheek. AV loves this theory. It was shown that the players detested it.
Even though Okposo shouldn’t have fought (I sort of blame the refs, even though he pushed them aside), he probably didn’t want to look like a b***h in front of everyone, which sucks. I wouldn’t have judged him if he stepped away, knowing his history. But others probably would.
Yeah, yeah. And Todd Fedoruk should have known better than to throw the gloves with Colton Orr. He made his choices. Okposo made his. You cannot ask the entire NHL to change their game because one player decided to push an issue he fully well knew he should not have.
I love DeAngelo, but I’m against what he did there. I know he was standing up for Zucc, and I know it’s probably not his fault, but it’s heart-breaking to hear about Okposo. These hockey players are regular guys, too as we all know. I really hope he’s ok. Many people were at fault last night for allowing this fight to happen.
You are against teammates sticking up for teammates. Okposo calculated the risks and chose to do what he did. If he is such a danger to himself, then perhaps he should not be dishing out questionable hits. Or choosing of his own free will to drop the gloves. If his judgment is already clouded, then he should not be cleared to skate on the ice. The only person who is at fault for what happened is Okposo himself. DeAngelo is blameless here.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
After a rough stretch in December, DeAngelo found himself in the press box to start the new year. Since then he has been lights out (maturity-related scratches notwithstanding).

Here are his 5v5 stats in relation to the rest of the league in 2019. The sample is defencemen with more than 150 5v5 minutes in 2019, a total of 183 players.

CategoryValueRankRank <50 ZSR
G/60
0.55​
10th​
A1/60
0.82​
8th​
P1/60
1.37​
5th​
P/60
1.64​
12th​
iCF/60
12.06​
40th​
iSCF/60
3.56​
14th​
iHDCF/60
1.10​
9th​
CF%
52.07​
53rd​
14th​
SCF%
54.23​
34th​
20th​
HDCF%
59.78​
10th​
6th​
GF%
65.52​
13th​
4th​
RelCF%
+6.17​
14th​
5th​
RelSCF%
+7.94​
11th​
7th​
RelHDCF%
+12.82​
8th​
6th​
RelGF%
+26.63​
4th​
1st​
TOI/GP
15:38​
125th​
70th​
ZSR
44.62​
135th​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Interestingly enough, his 15:38 of TOI/GP is actually third on the Rangers behind Skjei (17:24) and Staal (15:44) despite the low league-wide rank.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
So what you are doing is endorsing play that gets no response from teammates. You are stating that standing up for your teammates is the wrong thing to do and that opposing teams should be able to do whatever they want and the whole team should turn the other cheek. AV loves this theory. It was shown that the players detested it.

Yeah, yeah. And Todd Fedoruk should have known better than to throw the gloves with Colton Orr. He made his choices. Okposo made his. You cannot ask the entire NHL to change their game because one player decided to push an issue he fully well knew he should not have.

You are against teammates sticking up for teammates. Okposo calculated the risks and chose to do what he did. If he is such a danger to himself, then perhaps he should not be dishing out questionable hits. Or choosing of his own free will to drop the gloves. If his judgment is already clouded, then he should not be cleared to skate on the ice. The only person who is at fault for what happened is Okposo himself. DeAngelo is blameless here.
I’m not against for guys sticking up for their teammates. And I did say that I don’t really blame DeAngelo. I just wish he didn’t do it. If he knew, he probably wouldn’t do it, but yes, Okposo was partially at fault for sure. He has two opportunities to not get involved. 1) He shouldn’t have hit Zuccarello like that and 2) he shouldn’t have pushed the refs away. Very unfortunate situation, and I guess my emotions got the best of me.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I'm not against sticking up for teammates or the idea of deAngelo fought in that particular spot. It's actually the only type of fight I endorse. Staged fights gotta go.

But the act of knocking him down and injuring him? I'm not pumped up. I'm not fired up.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
He's actually a far funnier guy than I gave him credit for, I feel like he'd be a fun teammate.

That type of talk 100% gets super annoying, but, he seems like he means well in which case most guys will give him a pass.

He's got confidence and swagger which is really amazing to watch, and a hell of a ton of talent to go with it.

This guys going to be a 50 point defenseman with the combo of those 3 things

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I always felt ADA was his own worst enemy.

He has taken a big step forward though this year — as have a number of other Rangers.

I whined and complained about the way Quinn mismanaged this team and right now, I feel like a moron for assuming I know more than an actual coach.

Quinn has brought out the best with a number of players. I’m ecstatic about ADA’s future right now and Quinn deserves a lot of credit, imo.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I always felt ADA was his own worst enemy.

He has taken a big step forward though this year — as have a number of other Rangers.

I whined and complained about the way Quinn mismanaged this team and right now, I feel like a moron for assuming I know more than an actual coach.

Quinn has brought out the best with a number of players. I’m ecstatic about ADA’s future right now and Quinn deserves a lot of credit, imo.
Before the season began, I had faith in ADA, unlike others (yes I’m tooting my own horn). But I didn’t expect him to be this good so soon. I credit Quinn here for sure.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Definitely a guy that helps make these games watchable....him and the emergence of Zibs . It does give some hope for the future when you can bring a PPQB and passer on the cheap . Sure he has made a few mistakes....as have many , but....the kid is enthusiastic and seems to be willing to listen and take his lumps from the coaching staff . Here is hoping he continues his climb up our D ranks .:thumbu:

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Now we know the real reason why Quinn benched ADA. He outlined to ADA how to expand his vocabulary earlier in the season but the kid just stubbornly refused.

Thanks for sharing, that was an hilarious clip. Purple Hayes looked stoned out of his mind.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Yikes, I love his game, but for the love of god don't ever mic him up again. I like listening to mic'd up players because usually they just pretend it's not there. He was performing like some kind of theatre actor. Seemed like the guys around him, especially Vesey, were just awkwardly laughing trying not to be mean.

He's a young guy, so hopefully he'll mature, but christ, someone should pull him aside and tell him to cut it out. No wonder Quinn benches him for maturity issues.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
He's like the loud mouth, annoying drunk guy at parties. The one that gets a little too touchy and spits in your ear, whilst screaming in it. The one that makes you wish you were unconsciously drunk.

The player is money, as person he might be a tool, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad