Player Discussion Tomas Tatar

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I'd still play him over Anderson.

Switch back and forth until one of them shows some fire.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
And Tatar literally does nothing AND is 5"10 and tough as tissue paper

At least Andy has the size and speed, which we WILL need vs Vegas

Not the guy Vegas was scratching from their line up before we were.
Andy has speed? I haven't seen it since game 1 in Toronto. And Anderson is just as soft.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
I'd still play him over Anderson.

Switch back and forth until one of them shows some fire.

Ya I don't mind that. Anderson has been an absolutel play killer these playoffs.

Other than period 1 of game 1, he's been bad. I wouldnt mind him on the fourth but our fourth line has been fire.

I would also try Tatar with KK and see if it sparks some offence

Reactions: Natey

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
Yikes. People turning on Anderson quick in this thread. I put Tatar in over Lehkonen, back with his usual linemates.

Anderson stays in my lineup no matter what. He's been snake-bitten or injured, but has all the tools we need. No chemistry with his current linemates though.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Yikes. People turning on Anderson quick in this thread. I put Tatar in over Lehkonen, back with his usual linemates.

Anderson stays in my lineup no matter what. He's been snake-bitten or injured, but has all the tools we need. No chemistry with his current linemates though.

How the f*** you put Tatar in over lehkonen...? lehky scored in 2 of the 3 games he played vs the jets, 3 pts in 3 games..

And you want to bring in the loser that's been scratched by both teams in the playoffs..?????

Tatar is an ex-hab, get used to it already

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

Did you think we hit the 8th world wonder when we traded for Anderson? He's a 40 points player having 1 goal in last 23 games and 1 point also if im not mistaken and he's completely invisible on the ice and is absolutely a brick defensively. But Yeah Tatar over Lekhonen is even more of a joke at this point.

Lekhonen is the type of bottom 6 players you need in a team , Tatar is a complete bust in playoffs which was proven with 3 teams already and 4 years straight.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Tatar is done. He's already played his last game.

The only way he's inserted back in the line-up is if 2 players get injured.

Evans will be replacing an injured player prior to Tatar.

Habs prefer Pizza to Tuna Tatar obviously!

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

Why the f*** would you take out Lehkonen who has provided the offense on that line?

3 points in his last 3 games, compared to 1 point in 11 games (also a -4 getting easier matchups) for Anderson. What a crock of shit.

On top of that, Anderson has all of 3 points (and -15) in his last 27 games while bringing absolutely nothing else. He's a f***ing terrible hockey player when he puts forward no effort.. which happens in 99% of his games. Lehkonen has 10 points (-2) in his last 27 games against much harder matchups and worse offensive linemates.

There's a reason a team was f***ing THRILLED to get Max Domi back for him.

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Andy led our team in hits this year.
Romanov 2nd with 1 behind

Tatar not so much
Anderson's hits are like me breathing on someone this playoffs. He leads the team in hits the playoffs too but has been basically invisible the entire time... so? He loses pretty much every puck battle. He doesn't engage when he should. He floats around. He's the worst defensive forward on the team. But praise him for finishing some checks! Sure worth 5.5 a year!

It's unfortunate because I thought he'd step up his game in the playoffs. Game 1 gave me promise. He could be the best player on the ice every night if he had the effort level of Gallagher, Lehkonen or Byron.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Anderson's hits are like me breathing on someone this playoffs. He leads the team in hits the playoffs too but has been basically invisible the entire time... so? He loses pretty much every puck battle. He doesn't engage when he should. He floats around. He's the worst defensive forward on the team. But praise him for finishing some checks! Sure worth 5.5 a year!

It's unfortunate because I thought he'd step up his game in the playoffs. Game 1 gave me promise. He could be the best player on the ice every night if he had the effort level of Gallagher, Lehkonen or Byron.

I still think his issue is more hockey sense than effort level. Which is worrisome, given how much and how long we're invested in him.

If he's healthy and can't have an impact in the Vegas series, I think we should move him before it's too late.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Tatar is done. He's already played his last game.

The only way he's inserted back in the line-up is if 2 players get injured.

Evans will be replacing an injured player prior to Tatar.

Habs prefer Pizza to Tuna Tatar obviously!

Evans is still injured. So next injury, until Evan's gets back, and Tatar's in.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Thank god you're not the coach.

Vegas will be a tough matchup. I'd definitely start with Anderson. It's important to show we won't be be intimidated by their physical game. And h ih s speed will help put them on their heels.

But all lines are playing well now except for than 3rd line. If they continue to struggle, Evan's, Anderson, and Tatar should be in a 4 way fight for the two wing spots next to KK. May whichever 2 make it the best trio win the spots.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
If you're Vegas, do you prefer to play against buttersoft Tatar, or big, rough and speedy Anderson?
Anderson.

He's stupid defensively. And he barely uses his speed. And he's hardly rough. He finishes his checks, sure. But he shys away from contact that matters.

Tatar is a upcoming UFA who was just benched. He'd be playing for a contract and against the team that traded him.

Do I think Tatar would be world breaking? Hell no. Do I think he'd be better than what Anderson has given us for the past 10 games? Probably.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Anderson.

He's stupid defensively.

Tatar is a upcoming UFA who was just benched. He'd be playing for a contract and against the team that traded him.

Do I think Tatar would be world breaking? Hell no. Do I think he'd be better than what Anderson has given us for the past 10 games? Probably.

Vegas is a big strong team.

We need Anderson here.

Let's see what happens after game 1.

Benching a big power forward like Anderson makes no sense to me though... especially for Tatar.

Reactions: habdynasty

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Vegas is a big strong team.

We need Anderson here.

Let's see what happens after game 1.

Benching a big power forward like Anderson makes no sense to me though... especially for Tatar.
Calling him a power forward makes no sense to me either.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He's done as a Hab. Not only would I play Evans ahead of him, but maybe Belzile too. He does nothing and is soft as shit. Bergevin should be offering his rights to a team just in case. Maybe Edmonton would pay like a 4th for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad