Tomas Tatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Tatar is now top-ten in the league in goals scored.

That's rare air.

The thing is, I can only see Tatar improving. He honestly didn't have a very good game last night but still ended up with a goal. He was handling the puck like it was a hand grenade.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
What do you think guys, has he surpassed Nyquist on the depth chart?

I believe they are similar to Z and Dats in that they are 2a and 2b. Next year will be cool to see if either or both takes the next step and gets to 70+ points in production. I think it is fairly safe to say they each get 60+ this year though Nyquist is pacing for around 55-59 atm.

TimoneX

Jul 30, 2012
What do you think guys, has he surpassed Nyquist on the depth chart?

Not really, I have them pretty even. Nyquist was in the crosshairs of the opposition as a guy they had to defend against in addition to Z & D + Franzen when healthy. Tatar is making it pretty clear that he too can do a whole lot of damage if you let him roam.

Gus looks a bit frustrated at times lately, but I think it's only a matter of time before the Goose is loose again. Wings have a lot of weapons...opponents will have to pick their poison.

Satrebil

Aug 3, 2006
Michigan
Not really, I have them pretty even. Nyquist was in the crosshairs of the opposition as a guy they had to defend against in addition to Z & D + Franzen when healthy. Tatar is making it pretty clear that he too can do a whole lot of damage if you let him roam.

Gus looks a bit frustrated at times lately, but I think it's only a matter of time before the Goose is loose again. Wings have a lot of weapons...opponents will have to pick their poison.

(Not directed at you, TimoneX) -- Recall that Gus' style of play had been playmaker rather than scorer. His goal scoring touch wasn't quite a surprise, but it wasn't what he was known for.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

This sounds too familiar. Please don't let Gus turn out to be Mule the 2nd when it comes to hot streaks.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Last night, I was certainly more optimistic with Tatar and Datsyuk on the ice than Zetterberg and Nyquist. He's become a legitimate top line winger, no question anymore. He's everything we hoped Hudler could be, if I can go there.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Last night, I was certainly more optimistic with Tatar and Datsyuk on the ice than Zetterberg and Nyquist. He's become a legitimate top line winger, no question anymore. He's everything we hoped Hudler could be, if I can go there.

Nyquist played with Sheahan and Weiss.

TimoneX

Jul 30, 2012
This sounds too familiar. Please don't let Gus turn out to be Mule the 2nd when it comes to hot streaks.

Are we motor city hockey fans spoilt or what? :handclap:

Nyquist is making 38% of Tatar's salary this year and he's an RFA this summer. Maybe he's doing us a favor?

The Wings have only 2 twenty goal scorers and only 4 guys with 40+ points...Gustav belongs to both groups. Really not seeing a problem here.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

From what I've seen of Calgary, Hudler became everything we hoped Hudler could be :laugh:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
From what I've seen of Calgary, Hudler became everything we hoped Hudler could be :laugh:

He's a fine player, always was, but come on, he never ignited a line the way Tatar is currently. His production with the Flames hasn't been outside of what we saw in Detroit, sans this season, which if he finishes strong he could have a career year with 60+ points.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia

2 years ago, that sort of remark would be the equivalent of opening pandora's box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad