0+5 from DeKeyser
0+5 from Datsyuk
0+5 from Nyquist
0+5 from Sheahan
0+3 from Weiss
0+3 from Ericsson
0+2 from Smith
0+2 from Quincey

Looks like he is just a product of his own. Many times goalscorers are a product of a playmaker, but this doesn't look at all that someone like Datsyuk is assisting all his goals to get easy total numbers. Lots of separations and "bad" defencemen getting those assists.

Tatar is a Corsi darling and your post reflects that. Guy is an absolute keeper.

BamaWing

May 11, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Let's just say Mantha is the next all star we have after the previous pulk., Tatar, and Nyquist.

Who in the hell would not want to center those top 6 wingers in the future? Lol

ebis

Dec 10, 2012
Czech Republic
Tats apparently spent 550k€ (about 620k$) on a huge fitness center in his hometown. This comes just 3 months after buying hockey equipment for underprivileged kids in the same town.

I feel like I owe something to the town where I grew up and where I started playing hockey. I want to give something back to the people who helped me when I was growing up in Dubnica. I also promised my father that I would do something to help young athletes to improve. I think this project is the good way to do so.

A stand up lad :handclap:

10985597_597967273636465_4800318113582029429_n.jpg

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Introducing Tomas Tatar, the latest in Red Wings' long line of homegrown scoring stars

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/introducing-tomas-tatar--the-latest-in-red-wings--long-line-of-homegrown-scoring-stars-154423656-nhl.html;_ylt=AwrBEiLMn9tUTzgAlMtNbK5_

“I spent lots of time in the minors, but if you think about it, I came there really early,” Tatar said. “I came there 18 years old.”

Still, four seasons is four seasons. From 2009-10 through 2012-13, Tatar came up to play only 27 games in the NHL.

“Obviously when you’re in Grand Rapids you’re not happy you’re not here,” Tatar said. “It’s kind of frustrating. But at the end of the day, it’s going to help you. This is the right way for development. I mean, it helped me a lot to be in G.R. and play my minutes there, be in certain situations on the ice and just learn. The hard way, I think, is the right way.”

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Tats apparently spent 550k€ (about 620k$) on a huge fitness center in his hometown. This comes just 3 months after buying hockey equipment for underprivileged kids in the same town.

A stand up lad :handclap:

10985597_597967273636465_4800318113582029429_n.jpg

Really great to see him doing that, mostly 'cause of the promises he gave to his father. :handclap:

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Tomas Tatar has been my favourite player since he started playing with the Red Wings. Hes a heart and soul player. You see how he wants to win every single 1 on 1 and every shot and every game. Its those types of players you never want to give up on.

Guy works hard every shift and he is making the most of his opportunity.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Here's all Tatar's season goals with assistants:

23 - (Helm)
22 - (Datsyuk, DeKeyser)
21 - (unassisted)
20 - (Sheahan, Weiss)
19 - (Nyquist, Kronwall)
18 - (Ericsson, Sheahan)
17 - (Quincey, DeKeyser)
16 - (Nyquist, DeKeyser)
15 - (DeKeyser, Weiss)
14 - (DeKeyser, Nyquist)
13 - (Smith, Nyquist)
12 - (Datsyuk, Franzen)
11 - (Datsyuk, Quincey)
10 - (Datsyuk, Weiss)
9 - (Ouellet, Lashoff)
8 - (Abdelkader, Ericsson)
7 - (unassisted)
6 - (Ericsson, Smith)
5 - (Andersson, Glendening)
4 - (Nestrasil, Kindl)
3 - (Sheahan, Datsyuk)
2 - (Nyquist, Sheahan)
1 - (Jurco, Sheahan)

0+5 from DeKeyser
0+5 from Datsyuk
0+5 from Nyquist
0+5 from Sheahan
0+3 from Weiss
0+3 from Ericsson
0+2 from Smith
0+2 from Quincey

Looks like he is just a product of his own. Many times goalscorers are a product of a playmaker, but this doesn't look at all that someone like Datsyuk is assisting all his goals to get easy total numbers. Lots of separations and "bad" defencemen getting those assists.

I'm confused..what does the 0+x" part mean?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
"Overripening kills sophomore slump."

-Ken Holland.

howard says hello. could make case for smith too and some others.

sophomore slump seems to usually come when rookie plays or scores at 'unsustainable' pace. like nyquist last year. technically, he's also having sophomore slump.

I'm confused..what does the 0+x" part mean?

0 goals + X# of assists.

so datsyuk has assisted on 5 of tatar's goals.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
howard says hello. could make case for smith too and some others.

sophomore slump seems to usually come when rookie plays or scores at 'unsustainable' pace. like nyquist last year. technically, he's also having sophomore slump.

There should be an extra line (...but not maybe if Curt Fraser is the overripener...)

With Blashill or other former Griffins headcoaches everything worked quite well.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
There isn't a guy on the wings who gives more effort night in and out then Tatar. When I was at the DRW vs Bolts at home he was the only guy going 100% when the Bolts were dominating. I just love his skill and intensity. He never quits.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

This is great to see Tatar praising his development. I think we can remove doubt that this kid is a glove fit for the Wings moving forward. He's bought into the culture, he's scoring like crazy, and he seems to get more confidence every game.

Starting the year he was potentially a valuable trade chip, but now it's hard to imagine the Wings without him.

BamaWing

May 11, 2010
Birmingham, AL
This is great to see Tatar praising his development. I think we can remove doubt that this kid is a glove fit for the Wings moving forward. He's bought into the culture, he's scoring like crazy, and he seems to get more confidence every game.

Starting the year he was potentially a valuable trade chip, but now it's hard to imagine the Wings without him.

I'd be against pretty much any trade involving Tatar. He's the scoring winger we've needed for awhile.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Yeah, he would be a very very good spokesman for other prospects about his own experience in minor leagues. When you share your experience, it will help other people when they possible get frustrated. Keep working hard, in a right way, some day you will get your chance.

Wyzer Plan

May 11, 2011
I would be furious if this guy was ever traded. The passion and drive he shows night in and night out is something you don't trade away. Unless a franchise 1c or 1d was coming back it's a bad trade. The kid is and will be a fan favorite for years just because of his will to win.

jerrymac

Oct 24, 2011
GB
At the end of last season I would have gladly traded Tatar in the right deal. i wouldn't make the same move today.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
What's been really noticeable about Tatar lately is how much his defensive play has improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad