Tomas Tatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
You make straw man arguments like it's your job.

That was sarcasm, no?

Clearly a trade of Tatar for Myers would be incredibly unfair. Tatar's defensive play has been pretty good recently as well and has led to other goals.

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
What Tatar has done so far this season is pretty impressive when you consider his slow start. If I remember correctly, Tatar only had 1 point through the first 9 games of the season. That means he has 33 pts in 37 games since.
The wings haven't had a 30 goal scorer since '09, and Tatar is on pace for 35+.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
The wings haven't had a 30 goal scorer since '09, and Tatar is on pace for 35+.

Him and Nyquist both on pace for 30+. Incredible! It's even crazier when you realize it's both their first "full" season in the NHL. Nyquist only got 54? games last season and Tatar sat the first 8 or 9. And now they're both on pace for 30+ goals and 60+ points? Nutso.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Him and Nyquist both on pace for 30+. Incredible! It's even crazier when you realize it's both their first "full" season in the NHL. Nyquist only got 54? games last season and Tatar sat the first 8 or 9. And now they're both on pace for 30+ goals and 60+ points? Nutso.

Looks like overripening is the best plan ever.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
With a little better luck, Pulkkinen could easily have 2 goals and people would love him. He's only played 5 games so far this year with 3rd-4th line minutes. I think we should give him a little more time before writing him off.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Has been named second star of the week.

Tatar shared first among all players with five goals and seven points, scoring in four straight games to propel the Red Wings (26-11-9, 61 points) to four consecutive victories. He began the week with one goal in each of his first two contests – a 3-1 win over the Buffalo Sabres Jan. 13 and a 3-2 overtime victory against the St. Louis Blues Jan. 15. Tatar then set a career high with three points (2-1-3), including the game-winning goal, in a 5-2 triumph over the Nashville Predators Jan. 17. He capped the week with 1-1-2, his seventh multi-point game of the season, in a 6-4 victory over the Buffalo Sabres Jan. 18. The 24-year-old Ilava, Slovakia, native shares seventh in the NHL and paces the Red Wings with 21 goals in 46 contests this season. He also is tied for third on the club with 34 points, including 9-3-12 in his past 12 appearances.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
The thing I like about Tatar is he seems to love hockey. Hes always going crazy, even when its other players who score. He always wants the puck and to put it in the net.

Hes the first true goal scorer type the wings have had in a long time. I'm starting to like him more than Nyquist just because of his style of play and hes a year younger. What hes doing this year is awesome

iDangleDangle

We Like Our Team
Jan 2, 2014
A bar
The thing I like about Tatar is he seems to love hockey. Hes always going crazy, even when its other players who score. He always wants the puck and to put it in the net.

Hes the first true goal scorer type the wings have had in a long time. I'm starting to like him more than Nyquist just because of his style of play and hes a year younger. What hes doing this year is awesome

My thoughts exactly.

Gus might be the more versatile of the two, but Tatar's sheer passion, energy and persona make him my third favorite current Wing right behind Dats and Z. I reckon that his need to score and be a difference maker is gonna result in him being a clutch player for us for years to come.

Hockey needs more players like Tatar.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008

I think Nyquist is a more intelligent player, especially in playmaking, but Tatar has slightly more raw skill. Nyquist is extremely skilled too though. I'm glad we have both.

Dynheart

Aug 21, 2011
My thoughts exactly.

Gus might be the more versatile of the two, but Tatar's sheer passion, energy and persona make him my third favorite current Wing right behind Dats and Z. I reckon that his need to score and be a difference maker is gonna result in him being a clutch player for us for years to come.

Hockey needs more players like Tatar.

He was even excited to take his NHL picture. Full on teeth, smile wrinkles, the whole works.

Most players give a smirk or like "take the damn picture".

Not Tatar. He's like "CHEEEEEESE!!! I'm on a hockey website!"

Very likable player.

EDIT: He's also named a star of the week this week.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
I've actually had a change of heart regarding Tatar. I'm no longer willing to trade him. Beyond the fact that he is already very productive and seems to have more untapped potential, his hunger and drive set him apart. These are things that just can't be taught, some guys have it and some guys don't. Tatar seems the type to step it up in a big way in the playoffs, like we saw during the Griffins championship run. Those types of guys have value beyond their direct production. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Wings are now one of the best teams in the league at coming back from a deficit and winning the game. When you've got hungry players like Tatar who never quit on a play, you're never out until the final buzzer.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
7th in the NHL in scoring, only a couple goals behind OV. Definitely did not expect so much goaling, would be crazy to trade him.

Tatar is 4th best goalscorer per icetime, currently. Only Rick Nash, Corey Perry and Tyler Seguin are better. Some names like Ovechkin and Stamkos behind him...

Brandel*

5pkZKH2.png

19+13=32 points in 36 games since November 1st. Also shooting at 20% since then, mainly an unlucky Oct.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I think Nyquist is a more intelligent player, especially in playmaking, but Tatar has slightly more raw skill. Nyquist is extremely skilled too though. I'm glad we have both.

Tats too often telegraphs those drop passes. He needs more deception in his game. But if he never develops that and is "merely" a 30+ goal 50+ points winger his whole career, I'll be more than fine with that. Those don't grow on trees.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
He was even excited to take his NHL picture. Full on teeth, smile wrinkles, the whole works.

Most players give a smirk or like "take the damn picture".

Not Tatar. He's like "CHEEEEEESE!!! I'm on a hockey website!"

Very likable player.

EDIT: He's also named a star of the week this week.

Lol it's probably true.

But yeah, Tats has slowly become a top favorite of mine. The only bad thing about him reaching 30+, is that the coaching staff will expect it each season. He's going to have slumps.

I have no doubt he'll try his hardest to even surpass 30. That's his passion.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Every time Tatar scores a goal it's like a Cup winner to him. Love his enthusiasm and passion. A guy I want to keep around for a long time

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground

Thanks for the link, found this tidbit very interesting...

Tatar is the kind of good, young player who would attract much interest if shopped for a right-handed shooting defenseman, the team's biggest need. Some have speculated he could be part of a package to land Tyler Myers of the Buffalo Sabres. But even before Tatar's recent surge, one member of the front office called that notion "laughable," saying "we'd look awfully dumb if we did that."

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Best contract in the NHL. Makes up half of the new Euro twins, with Nyquist. The Wings next 2 great forwards. This guy is a dynamic player who can be trusted at any stage of the game to be on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad