News Article: Tomas Plekanec wants back in....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Of course not...that's why i said this in the very post you quoted.

"Plekanec at this stage of his career can't singlehandedly impact the fate a team by his mere presence."

Important to read AND comprehend posts you're quoting.

Your post is a lot of nothing really.

You don't have a ton of players in this league that can single-handedly impact the fate of a team!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It’s tkme to move on

His stint in Toronto proves he contributes little

Agreed we need to move one and focus on youth but his stint with Toronto did not prove he contributes little. He was used in a shutdown role and was the starting center for them in a few games. He played very well for the Leafs IMO... especially in the playoffs

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Your post is a lot of nothing really.
Yet you responded to it...

You don't have a ton of players in this league that can single-handedly impact the fate of a team!
Exactly...so why did you respond to my post?

The question I originally answered which prompted that statement was asking

"Does Plekanec make this team better".

He doesn't, you and I both agree with this.

Anything else you need clarification on?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Agreed we need to move one and focus on youth but his stint with Toronto did not prove he contributes little. He was used in a shutdown role and was the starting center for them in a few games. He played very well for the Leafs IMO... especially in the playoffs
For 3 games while Kadri was injured....he did play well in those 3 games, credit to him.

Doesn't wipe out the 70 other games where he wasn't very good.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Well probably because I disagree?
You disagree about what?

Get to your point, stop beating around the bush...You think he makes us better?

OK, why were were a bottom 5 team in the league with him on our roster?

And please don't respond with "It's not Plekanec's fault they were a bottom 5 team this year".

Cause then we're just turning around in circles

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
You disagree about what?

Get to your point, stop beating around the bush...You think he makes us better?

OK, why were were a bottom 5 team in the league with him on our roster?

Sure, of course, I think he makes this team better, what would be the point signing him then?

I already told you why we were a bottom 5 team in the league and it had nothing to do with Plekanec.

Plekanec had a decent season when you take into account his deployment.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
For 3 games while Kadri was injured....he did play well in those 3 games, credit to him.

Doesn't wipe out the 70 other games where he wasn't very good.

He just don't fit on our team at this point cause he takes up a spot at center and we already have Danault and DLR. Makes no sense to take ice time away from them and Pleky as a #1C or #4C don't fit either. Not on our team anyways.

He does have lots of value on contending teams looking for depth though. Team like the Pens, Oilers, Leafs, etc. He is still great at playing in a shutdown role and PK.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Sure, of course, I think he makes this team better, what would be the point signing him then?
Then why didn't he make this team better this year?

Few forwards on this team, actually exactly ONE (Max Pacioretty) played more minutes than Plekanec did with the Habs before he was traded this past season, yet the team was awful.

So explain to me, HOW you think he makes this team better? And why wasn't that demonstrated this year?

And again, please note that I'm NOT blaming the teams struggles this year on Plekanec exclusively...I just want you to explain to me how he can be part of the solution, when he wasn't this year.

I already told you why we were a bottom 5 team in the league and it had nothing to do with Plekanec.
So you don't think it had ANYTHING to do with one of our most used forwards?

That would be like saying the Habs record this year had nothing to do with Carey Price, their starting goaltender.

Plekanec had a decent season when you take into account his deployment.
More like he had a decent season if you ignore the following factors.

- salary
- usage/deployment
- production

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He just don't fit on our team at this point cause he takes up a spot at center and we already have Danault and DLR. Makes no sense to take ice time away from them and Pleky as a #1C or #4C don't fit either. Not on our team anyways.

He does have lots of value on contending teams looking for depth though. Team like the Pens, Oilers, Leafs, etc. He is still great at playing in a shutdown role and PK.
Agreed with all of this except the part where you say he's still great at playing a shutdown role.

No team, that has success as a target, can afford to play Tomas Plekanec in a shutdown role.

A team simply can't be successful with a one-dimensional player playing that many minutes.

Plekanec's ideal role at this stage of his career is playing 4th line C role on a contender at 8-10 mins a game and for specific defensive assignments.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Then why didn't he make this team better this year?

Few forwards on this team, actually exactly ONE (Max Pacioretty) played more minutes than Plekanec did with the Habs before he was traded this past season, yet the team was awful.

So explain to me, HOW you think he makes this team better? And why wasn't that demonstrated this year?

And again, please note that I'm NOT blaming the teams struggles this year on Plekanec exclusively...I just want you to explain to me how he can be part of the solution, when he wasn't this year.

So you don't think it had ANYTHING to do with one of our most used forwards?

That would be like saying the Habs record this year had nothing to do with Carey Price, their starting goaltender.

More like he had a decent season if you ignore the following factors.

- salary
- usage/deployment
- production

Again man, we're going in circles here.

This team sucked because the top players on this team sucked or were injured, this team didn't suck because Plekanec didn't put up 70 points from the third line! :shakehead

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Again man, we're going in circles here.
You started this cycle with your basic lack of comprehension of a post.

This team sucked because the top players on this team sucked or were injured this team didn't suck because Plekanec didn't put up 70 points from the third line! :shakehead
So we agree then...

Plekanec was a non-factor, either positively or negatively, on this team.

So back to my ORIGINAL post in which you responded too...Plekanec at this stage of his career can't impact the fate of a team on his own - whether that fate be success or failure.

Thanks for coming out @Belial

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
You started this cycle with your basic lack of comprehension of a post.

So we agree then...

Plekanec was a non-factor, either positively or negatively, on this team.

So back to my ORIGINAL post in which you responded too...Plekanec at this stage of his career can't impact the fate of a team on his own - whether that fate be success or failure.

Thanks for coming out @Belial

This is some really dumb logic you got there buddy...

So any player out there that is not named Crosby or McDavid is basically useless is that what you're trying to say?

Plekanec did his damn part! The team sucked because the big part of those other guys sucked.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
This is some really dumb logic you got there buddy...

So any player out there that is not named Crosby or McDavid is basically useless is that what you're trying to say?

Plekanec did his damn part! The team sucked because the big part of those other guys sucked.
I'm not sure what you're struggling with here...i'm going to attempt to assist you one more time.

Someone asked the question - does Plekanec make this team better?

To which I responded "at this stage of his career, Plekanec can't singlehandedly impact the fate of his team on his own".

Something which you clearly, though you're somehow still not aware, agree with since you keep telling me it's not his fault the team sucked so bad.

So what is it you're disagreeing with me about?

You think he makes the team better, yet you can't demonstrate how?

Yet it's MY logic that's dumb? lol OK then..

So Plekanec''s impact is so profound, that he makes this team better...yet he had absolutely ZERO input to how bad this team was.

Hmm.....

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I'm not sure what you're struggling with here...i'm going to attempt to assist you one more time.

Someone asked the question - does Plekanec make this team better?

To which I responded "at this stage of his career, Plekanec can't singlehandedly impact the fate of his team on his own".

Something which you clearly, though you're somehow still not aware, agree with since you keep telling me it's not his fault the team sucked so bad.

So what is it you're disagreeing with me about?

You think he makes the team better, yet you can't demonstrate how?

Yet it's MY logic that's dumb? lol OK then..

Geez...

There's a huge gap between making a team better and singlehandedly impact the fate of a whole team! I thought it was obvious but apparently not...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Geez...

There's a huge gap between making a team better and singlehandedly impact the fate of a whole team! I thought it was obvious but apparently not...
How did he make the team better this year?

Just answer that...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Geez...

Just answer that...

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
VEGAS BABY.....

This team is 4 wins away from the Cup and is full of young guys who were not given a serious shot before. Adding a guy like Plekanec, which i don't hate if he makes less than 2M, won't help the Habs find what they are looking for. It prevent them from trying new guys and maybe find a W. Karlsson out of nowhere.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

Just answer that...

I already did a ton of times already!

He did his damn job.

If all the players on this team played as they were supposed to play we wouldn't be drafting third overall!

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
VEGAS BABY.....

This team is 4 wins away from the Cup and is full of young guys who were not given a serious shot before. Adding a guy like Plekanec, which i don't hate if he makes less than 2M, won't help the Habs find what they are looking for. It prevent them from trying new guys and maybe find a W. Karlsson out of nowhere.

Oh yeahhhhh, who's the William Karlsson Plekanec is blocking on this team?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I already did a ton of times already!

He did his damn job.

If all the players on this team played as they were supposed to play we wouldn't be drafting third overall!
So he made the team "better" by doing "his damn job".

Yet the team finished 4th last overall - which isn't his fault.

And my logic is dumb...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Oh yeahhhhh, who's the William Karlsson Plekanec is blocking on this team?
Jonathan Drouin had his most successful 20 game split of the season AFTER Plekanec was traded (15 points in 20 games).
Jacob de la Rose had his most successful 20 game split of the season AFTER Plekanec was traded (8 points in 20 games).

Both Drouin & De la Rose icetime went up after Plekanec was traded...

Must be a total coincidence....i'm sure all of these events are completely unrelated.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
So he made the team "better" by doing "his damn job".

Yet the team finished 4th last overall - which isn't his fault.

And my logic is dumb...

Yes!

The team finished so low because Pacioretty was crap, because Price was crap, because Drouin was crap, because Chucky was crap!

Lehkonen had a bad season, Alzner had a bad season, Shaw, Weber, and Danault missed a ton of games...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Yes!

The team finished so low because Pacioretty was crap, because Price was crap, because Drouin was crap, because Chucky was crap!

Lehkonen had a bad season, Alzner had a bad season, Shaw, Weber, and Danault missed a ton of games...
Agreed with all of this...

But the fact our HIGHEST PAID, 2ND MOST USED FORWARD...had 24pts in 60 games at over 16 mins per game, wasn't a factor in this "suckage"???

All these guys were crap, Pacioretty, Price, Drouin, Galchenyuk, Lehkonen, Alzner were crap...Shaw, Weber, Danault missed a ton of games.

But Plekanec? He did his job...made the team better.

It's just everyone else around him that was awful.

Pffft please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad