Player Discussion Tomas Plekanec - Hope He Heats Up Soon Edition (HE SLEEPIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Had seen enough this year as well as prior playoffs to say I can't wait till he's off this team.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
2 pts in 20 games - absolutely brutal. Why is he not getting as much or even more heat than Desharnais?

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
4th line C being paid $6 mil. Some agent he has. I should add, a 4th line C that can't hit, is slow, can't win draws.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
I can't even bring myself to get mad anymore... he's horrible and I've fully come to terms with it.

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
Never liked his offensive game, even in his prime he was horrible on the cycle and wasn't patient with the puck. He's been fortunate to play on teams with strong transition games, defensemen who put pts on the board (so he could get those cheap assists), and no one to challenge him at center. Hell Galchenyuk on the wing looked better with Shaw than he's ever looked with Plekanec. A forward thinking GM would have recognized this and understood we can never win with him at center.

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
How many points or scoring chances Stall's line got tonight?

In term of player types, I'd rather have a McCarron who was strong on the puck and played the better part of the game in the o-zone, than have a Plekanec who generated squat, killing Gallagher and Byron's games in the process.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
In term of player types, I'd rather have a McCarron who was strong on the puck and played the better part of the game in the o-zone, than have a Plekanec who generated squat, killing Gallagher and Byron's games in the process.

What you don't understand is that Plekanec is playing against other team's top lines all the time while McCarron is out there against the other team's 4th line...

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
What you don't understand is that Plekanec is playing against other team's top lines all the time while McCarron is out there against the other team's 4th line...
I know that, that's why I said player types... We've scored 23 goals in 43 games in regulation because players like Plekanec haven't sustained pressure in the o-zone for more than a year. The only thing he generates is slumps for his wingers. Pacioretty looked like a zombie last year until Therrien put him with Galchenyuk

Last edited:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I know that, that's why I said player types... We've scored 23 goals in 43 games in regulation because of players like Plekanec who haven't sustained pressure in the o-zone for more than a year. The only thing he generates is slumps for his wingers. Pacioretty looked like a zombie last year until Therrien put him with Galchenyuk

At this point, you shouldn't look at it like this. Plekanec is out there to neutralize the other team top guns, and he did it tonight.

Our top line sucked, they didn't create anything offensively and got scored 2 times against... Shaw line got scored against once also...

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
At this point, you shouldn't look at it like this. Plekanec is out there to neutralize the other team top guns, and he did it tonight.

Our top line sucked, they didn't create anything offensively and got scored 2 times against... Shaw line got scored against once also...

Plekanec ****ing sucks, he barely shuts people down. Name me one shutdown center that is 1 for 14 on the face offs. He scored 26 goals not too long ago, and I don't think he will be able to score 10 this year. He can't make a simple pass. He always does a fake slap shot and misses the net by 15 football fields, he is ****ing terrible. The guy simply doesn't give a **** about winning with the Habs, he laughs when we play bad. He can go to Europe and play for all I care, he actually tries there and he plays well as a result. I'll take Desharnais every day of the week over this loser. Way to give him credit for shutting down a terrible offensive team in Carolina, good job Plekanec!

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Plekanec ****ing sucks, he barely shuts people down. Name me one shutdown center that is 1 for 14 on the face offs. He scored 26 goals not too long ago, and I don't think he will be able to score 10 this year. He can't make a simple pass. He always does a fake slap shot and misses the net by 15 football fields, he is ****ing terrible. The guy simply doesn't give a **** about winning with the Habs, he laughs when we play bad. He can go to Europe and play for all I care, he actually tries there and he plays well as a result. I'll take Desharnais every day of the week over this loser. Way to give him credit for shutting down a terrible offensive team in Carolina, good job Plekanec!

Eat a snickers or something... He took Stall with him in the invisible land last night.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Eat a snickers or something... He took Stall with him in the invisible land last night.

Way to go Pleky! 6 million dollars to "shut down" a defensive center on a crappy Carolina team, while getting slaughtered on face-offs. :handclap:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
2 pts in 20 games - absolutely brutal. Why is he not getting as much or even more heat than Desharnais?

He has from some of us.

I have been ripping him since the 015 play offs.

Didnt like him much before that either to tell you the truth.

I have never had any time for a players who never show up for play offs.

MB got schooled like the amateur he is by Plek and his agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad