Player Discussion Tomas Plekanec - Hope He Heats Up Soon Edition (HE SLEEPIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Ohashi_Jouzu, responding to the last post you made in the closed Plekanec thread

None of what you wrote equates to him having 1 goal on the year so far or him wing 13th in team scoring behind guys like Danault, Byron.

None of that makes up for the fact he has 8 goals in his last 100 games

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Pleks has scored something like 10 goals in his last 100 games. I'm not sure his offense will ever come back at this point. :(

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Hate to say it but we missed the boat on his trade value.........that 6million extension cost us a lot........and I don't usually gripe about contracts.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Pleks has scored something like 10 goals in his last 100 games. I'm not sure his offense will ever come back at this point. :(

I don't think it will ever come back.

He might have a one season blip. But he wont sustain it for more than that.

He's a 3rd line player looking forward.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Me either. He got his 12 million dollar extension and he fell off a cliff. MB's probably wishing he had a do over on that extension right about now.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Personally, I've been saying its been gone for a while...it's just he was getting more prime opportunities to score goals/points, he's not getting nearly as much anymore (which still doesn't excuse his putrid output the last 100 games).

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
Pleks is a $6 million Brian Flynn at this point. Too bad, he was rock solid dependable for years while always being signed to somewhat affordable deals. Complete opposite to that now.

At least we can rely on his playoff production...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Honestly, it's not even the points. It's how he conducts himself. Both offensively and defensively. He seems to be always behind. Seems that it's going too fast for him. Is he injured? 'Cause frankly, if we could portray what losing a step is....that would be it.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Honestly, it's not even the points. It's how he conducts himself. Both offensively and defensively. He seems to be always behind. Seems that it's going too fast for him. Is he injured? 'Cause frankly, if we could portray what losing a step is....that would be it.

Plekaneclittlegirl_zpsd8efc94c.png

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The 6M price tag is beyond crazy at this point......if he was around 3m we could be happy with 30-40 pts...he seems to have literally lost it...:shakehead

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Pleks is a $6 million Brian Flynn at this point. Too bad, he was rock solid dependable for years while always being signed to somewhat affordable deals. Complete opposite to that now.

At least we can rely on his playoff production...

Patrice Bergeron 21 GP 3 G 3 A 6 P , another Brian Flynn

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Patrice Bergeron 21 GP 3 G 3 A 6 P , another Brian Flynn

What does Patrice Bergeron have to do with Tomas Plekanec and the Habs?

Absolutely nothing....i'm sure if Bergeron's season continues the way he has and he puts up 10 goals in the next 100 games, Bruins fans won't be happy either.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Don't get me wrong, Plek is not producing but Benoit Brunet suggestion that DD should take his minutes was as brutal.

The RDS guys saying Plek was always rewarded with PP time even while not producing and wanting MT to reward DD cause he played well against SJ, damn if it wasn't irony hitting them in the face while being ultra hypocrite, I don't know what it was. DD is the poster boy for being rewarded by doing either nothing or costing games.

Don't get me wrong Plek is getting too much ice time but RDS always tries to pit one player against another. It's like when DD wasn't playing well in the past they singled out the bad plays of Eller. What it did was creating tension between fans of both players, something that shouldn't be.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Plek in my opinion is not done , his line played much better the last 2 games, i expect them to break out of this slump soon.....but he is not worth 6M on the cap, good news is its only 2 years

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Plek in my opinion is not done , his line played much better the last 2 games, i expect them to break out of this slump soon.....but he is not worth 6M on the cap, good news is its only 2 years
His usual shooting percentage is five times higher than it is now. Last year was a career low for him and it's now less than half of what that was. You'd think at least some pucks would go in for him.

We really need Max to step up. When he's on, he's on. He can carry the offense when he goes on those crazy streaks. If he heats up, Pleks and Gallagher will follow. There's no reason that line can't be a lot more productive than it's been.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
His usual shooting percentage is five times higher than it is now. Last year was a career low for him and it's now less than half of what that was. You'd think at least some pucks would go in for him.

We really need Max to step up. When he's on, he's on. He can carry the offense when he goes on those crazy streaks. If he heats up, Pleks and Gallagher will follow. There's no reason that line can't be a lot more productive than it's been.

Max stats are not bad but he's not playing like he can, he needs to bend the shoulder and cut to the net more often like he use to do :)

i tought Gally and Plek skated good lately, they just have to keep going this way and the puck will start to go in more often, like you said there is no reason for them to not be able to get it going

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
What does Patrice Bergeron have to do with Tomas Plekanec and the Habs?

Absolutely nothing....i'm sure if Bergeron's season continues the way he has and he puts up 10 goals in the next 100 games, Bruins fans won't be happy either.

You think they're happy now? :laugh:

Plekanec is in a slump , he will get out of it, I'm sure.

He's not done. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad