Player Discussion Tomas Plekanec - Hope He Heats Up Soon Edition (HE SLEEPIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Plekanec played very good hockey at the World Cup, this season has actually allowed him to concentrate on defensive play. I believe some people are underestimating the fortitude of our Tomas Plekanec, this years playoff run will be a shining example of the experience, that veterans like Plecky & Markov bring to the team. Never underestimate veteran Habs players to up the Ante @ playoff time, that's always been my motto, believe Dat!!!...:yo::yo::yo:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Plekanec played very good hockey at the World Cup, this season has actually allowed him to concentrate on defensive play. I believe some people are underestimating the fortitude of our Tomas Plekanec, this years playoff run will be a shining example of the experience, that veterans like Plecky & Markov bring to the team. Never underestimate veteran Habs players to up the Ante @ playoff time, that's always been my motto, believe Dat!!!...:yo::yo::yo:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I thought it was just a bad start and he'd turn it around but man does he look like he forgot what to do in the o zone. Doesn't look anything like the 65 point guy he was not too long ago.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
All the way to 1st in the division. Boy were you right. :laugh:

Yes, but we're not in 1st on his account......

Plekanec can play a wonderful defensive game, unfortunately for us, he also plays an atrocious offensive one all while being our highest paid forward. That's the problem here.

If Plekanec had signed a 2 year, 5m$ deal (2.5m$ per), you'd hear 1/10th of the displeasure....this is clearly not the case.

Let's hope we can persuade LV to pick up that contract.....that would save the day.

We had nearly 10m$ dedicated to DD and Plekanec. If Bergevin can clear up that space (DD obviously already gone), we're in business!!

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Yes, but we're not in 1st on his account......

Plekanec can play a wonderful defensive game, unfortunately for us, he also plays an atrocious offensive one all while being our highest paid forward. That's the problem here.

If Plekanec had signed a 2 year, 5m$ deal (2.5m$ per), you'd hear 1/10th of the displeasure....this is clearly not the case.

Let's hope we can persuade LV to pick up that contract.....that would save the day.

We had nearly 10m$ dedicated to DD and Plekanec. If Bergevin can clear up that space (DD obviously already gone), we're in business!!

I'd offer up a 2nd rounder to LV for them to take him off our hands at the expansion draft.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
I believe that it will take more than that.

Yup, you're probably right. It's rather unlikely, but I'm hoping LV might consider picking him since he's only one season removed from scoring 50 points and is on a one year deal, they might believe they'll be able to give him tons of minutes to boost his value by the deadline and get some sort of return for him.

I personally think he's a lost cause offensively, so we have to hope LV's pro scouting still sees something in him - as hard as that sounds to believe.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
If we had anybody but plekanec as our 2nd line center, we'd be a true contender, its a real shame

we needed someone to help galchenyuk and danault with C depth, and plekanec is not it

hes absolutely finished, and whats worse, he was a bad playof performer BEFORE evaporating into thin air this year

oh boy.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Well, now it's Galchenyuk/Danault in the position that Plekanec was over the years, so we'll see how it goes.

It should have been Galchenyuk, Danault and Eller. That would be a solid (but not great) center line. Plekanec is useless, and cost a fortune.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
It should have been Galchenyuk, Danault and Eller. That would be a solid (but not great) center line. Plekanec is useless, and cost a fortune.

As bad as Pleks has been he's outproduced Eller. And he actually plays a shutdown role. Eller is being used in an offensive role and still has less points. 55% o zone starts and 22 points, we can out to rest the idea that we are a better team with Eller.

Playoffs might be a different story but both players are offensive nothings, amd Pleks is better in his own end, which is where he starts 63% of the time.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Yup, my lala land where 1st in the division is "sunk". I mean, what an anchor. :rolleyes:

Ever think we would be first in more than just the weak Atlantic division, if we upgraded Tomas "i played like a little girl" Plekanec couple of years ago. When he was worth more than a bag of pucks. Habs might have got 3 bags of pucks for him after the 015 play offs. lol

Habs were first in division with Barberio in the line up too. Should they have extended him too/ Or dumped a$$.

Low bar for Ohashi. :laugh:

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Ever think we would be first in more than just the weak Atlantic division, if we upgraded Tomas "i played like a little girl" Plekanec couple of years ago. When he was worth more than a bag of pucks. Habs might have got 3 bags of pucks for him after the 015 play offs. lol

Maybe we'd be Super 1st in the Super NHL instead... Anything less = "sunk". :laugh:

Habs were first in division with Barberio in the line up too. Should they have extended him too/ Or dumped a$$.

Low bar for Ohashi. :laugh:

Yeah, I mean, the contribution to team success of the centre with the most ice time on average vs. the defenseman with the 8th most average ice time is obviously comparable. :dunce:

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
As bad as Pleks has been he's outproduced Eller. And he actually plays a shutdown role. Eller is being used in an offensive role and still has less points. 55% o zone starts and 22 points, we can out to rest the idea that we are a better team with Eller.

Playoffs might be a different story but both players are offensive nothings, amd Pleks is better in his own end, which is where he starts 63% of the time.

Pleks is horrid, and people are still here trying to defend our 2nd line center like the guy doesn't play the way he does, or get the minutes and opportunities they do.

Ridiculous the length you eller haters will go to prove yourselves wrong. Over and Over. :shakehead

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
ELLER VS PLEKANEC

Bigger
Stronger
Faster
7 years younger
3.5 million
6 million

MB is a dummy.
There is no good argument to make for Plekanec, it's ridiculous, they are a wash defensively. Give it up. You are just digging yourself a deeper hole. Just admit you are wrong. You are not making sense. Wake up.

On top of it all that extra 2.5 million could have went towards the aquisition of some much needed offense.

Just stop. You are going off the rails on a crazy train.

This is why Eller is the one who got traded, he yielded the better return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad