Confirmed with Link: Tomas Plekanec Back with Habs (1-Year @ $2.25M + Bonuses - Could Go to $3.5M)

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
1 year term is fine - I could care less how much the cap hit is. What's the difference? We're not going to use anywhere near our max anyways.

I just REALLY hope Julien doesn't pull his **** and play Pleks instead of letting DLR grow into a better player.

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
I hope he finds the same gear he did with us when he was replaced for Kadri. It’s a good deal and can get you guys another 2nd/3rd round pick down the road. Similar to what we did with Polak.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I hope he finds the same gear he did with us when he was replaced for Kadri. It’s a good deal and can get you guys another 2nd/3rd round pick down the road. Similar to what we did with Polak.
It also prevents the young players from scoring points when they are with him. I really dont care about a 3rd anymore, I'd rather have guys like Scherbak/Lekhonen not be stuck to an offensive blackhole.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Jul 6, 2016
It also prevents the young players from scoring points when they are with him. I really dont care about a 3rd anymore, I'd rather have guys like Scherbak/Lekhonen not be stuck to an offensive blackhole.

Armia, Byron ad may be Shaw wil be Plekky's linemates. So don't worry too much.

Lehkonen and Sherbak belong on the top-two lines.

Reactions: vokiel

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017

He was creating so much time and space for Marner that he could do more than what he could with Kadri, all the while shutting down Bergeron line which already were having ridiculous playoff stats just in first two games. It really depends on players too, but I think he is still a good 3C and solid at shutting down opponents.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He was creating so much time and space for Marner that he could do more than what he could with Kadri, all the while shutting down Bergeron line which already were having ridiculous playoff stats just in first two games. It really depends on players too, but I think he is still a good 3C and solid at shutting down opponents.
He should be the 4c, but Julien will play him as he 1c. Lekhonen started putting on a lot of points once he wasn't stuck with Plekanec.

badi

Jan 21, 2008
It’s just sad for you Habs fans to see this guy resigned and take ice time away from kids

Reactions: Peanut

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Say what you want, the man loves Montreal, which makes him part of a shrinking minority of hocket players

It's not a bad move if they use him as the bottom 6 plug and play guy he is at this point, but that's asking too much.

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Plekasex needs to be the 4th line center

Drouin (LMAO!)
Danault (LOL)
DeLaRose
Plekasex

By far the worst Center lineup in the NHL.

Never even wanna see him on the 3rd line, that's DeLaRose's line now.

But you just know Plekanec will be our 2C....

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Say what you want, the man loves Montreal, which makes him part of a shrinking minority of hocket players

It's not a bad move if they use him as the bottom 6 plug and play guy he is at this point, but that's asking too much.

I'm sure Pleks is a good guy. I don't hate him. He had a decent career but it was time for us to move on. He was beyond terrible last season.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I'm sure Pleks is a good guy. I don't hate him. He had a decent career but it was time for us to move on. He was beyond terrible last season.
If he can just be played in a 4th line role with big PK minutes he would be perfect. But Claude is too stupid and backwards

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad