Value of: Tomas Hertl

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
Hertl is a 2-way center, that in my mind would fit perfectly into the Rangers lineup.

He's a UFA after this upcoming season.

Are the Sharks on the verge of a rebuild? Could they use some pieces from the Rangers to add to their prospect/young NHL player pool? What would it take?

Reactions: Be a Hab

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
One year left on his deal? Probably not a ton. 1st+ for sure, but they’re probably bette riff resigning him since there’s been no indication they’d have any trouble doing that.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
One year left on his deal? Probably not a ton. 1st+ for sure, but they’re probably bette riff resigning him since there’s been no indication they’d have any trouble doing that.
I agree, I think he would resign there without an issue. Thus, it would take a very nice package for him. I just think this player fits the Rangers so well, and if SJ is looking for some younger pieces to kick off a rebuild, it could be a great start.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
Had the same thought as the OP but for the Habs. I have a feeling Sharks will want to keep him though. Maybe at the TD if Sharks are not in the picture he gets traded.

Reactions: Bacon Artemi Bravo

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
Had the same thought as the OP but for the Habs. I have a feeling Sharks will want to keep him though. Maybe at the TD if Sharks are not in the picture he gets traded.
Hes's a really good player. Great 2 way game, wins draws, loved by teammates and fans alike. I'm sure a lot of teams would be interested in his services.

Reactions: Be a Hab

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
Hes's a really good player. Great 2 way game, wins draws, loved by teammates and fans alike. I'm sure a lot of teams would be interested in his services.

Absolutely agree with you. I don't want to talk for all Shark fans but I don't think ownership want to go through a big rebuild. The Pacific is not very strong so SJ do have a chance at the playoffs.

Reactions: Bacon Artemi Bravo

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Hertl is perfect for any team with a brain. Price will be very high
That's the real reason they should shop him. It's not that he's a top end superstar, it's that he'd fit on almost any team, so there could be a real bidding war. (Insert team) starts the bidding at a 1st and a legit prospect. Bidding increases from there.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
That's the real reason they should shop him. It's not that he's a top end superstar, it's that he'd fit on almost any team, so there could be a real bidding war. (Insert team) starts the bidding at a 1st and a legit prospect. Bidding increases from there.
I mean if that happens sure, but looking at forward prices this year, we aren’t getting that, so I’m not gonna trade him for less than that.

also the sharks aren’t rebuilding for better or worse

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
It really depends on where Hertl sets his eyes on for the following season. If Hertl even considers re-signing in San Jose, Sharks would be foolish to trade him away. If Hertl isn't staying, than I see San Jose trying to move him to a team outside the top 10 because they will most likely pay more and try to keep Hertl long term, rather than going all in on a rental.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
If the Bruins had a real GM, this is who they should be all over................But we all know better

Reactions: Almanil

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
That's not a bad offer except that the Sharks would be one injury away from having Gambrell as out #1 center nor do I see a need for Koskinen.
I'd do Holloway and your first for Meier
In a rebuilding world, adding another second to take Koskinens cap id do it.

Reactions: Groo

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
Take Vlasic and give a 2nd lol
tenor.gif

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Depends on if your talking extension or not,

No extension at the deadline for a 1st + a good but not blue-chip prospect/young player.

With extension

1st + Blue chipper/young player + 2nd + roster player who is useful but maybe slightly overpaid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad