Value of: Tomas Hertl

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
I'd offer Kravtsov, Schneider, 1st from NYR

If they'd rather have Chytil, I'd do Chytil, Jones, 1st, 3rd or something like that.

I feel like the Rangers and Sharks would make good trade partners if Hertl were available.
We'd need a C to fill in for Hertl so replace Kravtsov with Chytil

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
We'd need a C to fill in for Hertl so replace Kravtsov with Chytil

I think that's fair, depending on what Hertl would take to sign long term. If we're looking at a 6 year extension around 7-7.5, I'd personally do it.

Reactions: Groo

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I think that's fair, depending on what Hertl would take to sign long term. If we're looking at a 6 year extension around 7-7.5, I'd personally do it.

Yeah agreed. Adding Chytil would sting. I’d want confidence that Hertl would sign for long term at a reasonable #

Reactions: Groo and Mikachu93

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
If he is available and willing to extend, I'd love him in Ottawa. Not sure we'd offer up the pieces SJ would want, though.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Lundkvist is close to untouchable for me but I would move him for Hertl

Jesus, as a neutral fan, if that was offered, SJ pretty much has to take it.
Yes and they would send back prime Thornton after groundbreaking reverse-aging surgery lol

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
If the Bruins were allowed contract extension numbers, I think he'd be a big void filler both short term and long term. Replacing one Czech with another.

With the goal of Hertl re-signing, I'd offer:
One of Studnicka, Frederic, Beecher (top C prospect, and 2 previous firsts)
One of Zboril, Vaakanen (both 1st round draft picks, Zboril is more ready, but I think Vaak has higher upside)
1st 2022
Conditional 1st 2023 (as long as the Bruins make the playoffs in 2023)
And probably need to add salary there somewhere.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
If the Bruins were allowed contract extension numbers, I think he'd be a big void filler both short term and long term. Replacing one Czech with another.

With the goal of Hertl re-signing, I'd offer:
One of Studnicka, Frederic, Beecher (top C prospect, and 2 previous firsts)
One of Zboril, Vaakanen (both 1st round draft picks, Zboril is more ready, but I think Vaak has higher upside)
1st 2022
Conditional 1st 2023 (as long as the Bruins make the playoffs in 2023)
And probably need to add salary there somewhere.
I like this guy he would look good as a Bruin , but I think you are giving the store away.......Remember this guy I believe has had 3 knee surgeries and is a FA next year and Donnie has pissed away all his cap space..........nice job Donnie

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
Hertl is one of my favorite non-flyers. I wish we could acquire him. But I’m not sure that we have the available pieces.

Sure you do. If for some reason we are trading Hertl, it will be for futures. You have 1st round picks and decent fwd prospects that could be packaged for Hertl. Not saying this is enough/too much, but a decent start would be Braun (as a cap dump if you need) + 2022 1st + Farabee (if he is available at all or two decent prospects like Foerester and York instead of Farrabee)

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Sure you do. If for some reason we are trading Hertl, it will be for futures. You have 1st round picks and decent fwd prospects that could be packaged for Hertl. Not saying this is enough/too much, but a decent start would be Braun (as a cap dump if you need) + 2022 1st + Farabee (if he is available at all or two decent prospects like Foerester and York instead of Farrabee)

Farabee was our most productive forward last year. I don’t see anyway he’s available in the trade. And I personally think York is better than half our defense right now, so he wouldn’t be on the table in my opinion. But nothing(other than the Ellis deal) Fletcher has done this off season puts me in good thoughts and feelings.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I would love for us to get York, but I doubt we'd also get Foerester and a first with him unless Hertl is extended and we're taking a decent chunk of salary back. I also doubt the Flyers want to move Farabee, which is fair.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
Farabee was our most productive forward last year. I don’t see anyway he’s available in the trade. And I personally think York is better than half our defense right now, so he wouldn’t be on the table in my opinion. But nothing(other than the Ellis deal) Fletcher has done this off season puts me in good thoughts and feelings.

I was just pointing out you have decent pieces for a rebuilding team. And if we trade Hertl, we are definitely rebuilding. So, some form of deal that could work for both teams could be worked out. I don't know your prospects at all, just tried to pick a few that looked like it would hurt to lose, as a Hertl deal would likely see at least one player you don't want to lose coming our way.

That said, any deal for Hertl probably includes an allowance to talk terms with him before pulling the trigger. I can't see a team this offseason trading for him without some insurance he would immediately extend for 5+ years.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I was just pointing out you have decent pieces for a rebuilding team. And if we trade Hertl, we are definitely rebuilding. So, some form of deal that could work for both teams could be worked out. I don't know your prospects at all, just tried to pick a few that looked like it would hurt to lose, as a Hertl deal would likely see at least one player you don't want to lose coming our way.

That said, any deal for Hertl probably includes an allowance to talk terms with him before pulling the trigger. I can't see a team this offseason trading for him without some insurance he would immediately extend for 5+ years.

And if the price from Philly includes Farabee, I can’t think of a way that gets done because one of the few reports early in the off-season was Farabee and Hart were the only two untouchables on the roster.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I would love for us to get York, but I doubt we'd also get Foerester and a first with him unless Hertl is extended and we're taking a decent chunk of salary back. I also doubt the Flyers want to move Farabee, which is fair.
I watched a lot of Michigan last year. No thanks on York. He’s overhyped and really not that good.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
And if the price from Philly includes Farabee, I can’t think of a way that gets done because one of the few reports early in the off-season was Farabee and Hart were the only two untouchables on the roster.

So keep him and propose something with value you would be willing to part with. That is the purpose of these boards, to discuss and speculate :)

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
coming off his 3rd major leg injury, and approaching 30, w >500NHL games on his tires,
Hertl should not return as much as some Sharks' fans will hope

but it only takes one buyer ...

prior injuries:
"Hertl’s rookie season was cut short after 37 games when he had tears to his right medial collateral and posterior cruciate ligaments repaired as a result of a hit by Los Angeles forward Dustin Brown.
Hertl required the same surgery on his left MCL and PCL after the 2015-16 season...."
Big letdown spells defeat for Sharks, who lose Tomas Hertl to injury

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
I think Hertl is more valuable to the Sharks than to any other team in the league. He's their best forward and a fan favorite.

Reactions: Stewie Griffin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad