Jul 10, 2010
Halak, Ryder and a 2nd.

Wait, we don't have Ryder, how about...

Halak, Myers and a 2nd.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
From the Rangers, it would start with one of Lundkvist or Schneider.

I’d put his value at a blue chip prospect and a 1st. That’s usually what players of his caliber and age get with one year left on his deal. I really can’t say enough about how good Tomas Hertl is.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
He's equally effective. He'll drive play at either positions and plays center very well on both sides of the puck. He'll have more positive impact at center but as an individual, his play is stellar at any forward position.

Thanks for the info. I could see Ottawa being interested, as they are in need of a 2C, and Hertl could help in that regard. Ottawa has lots of picks and young players/prospects that might be able to get it done.

Not sure if Hertl would want to come to Ottawa though. I know he has a three team trade list. Interesting to think about though.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Terrific player but the two serious knee surgeries worry me a bit.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
One of them was like seven years ago. It's not a real concern.
Actually has had three knee surgeries I believe. Just not sure would wanna give him a 7 year big money extension with that kind of knee injury history.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Actually has had three knee surgeries I believe. Just not sure would wanna give him a 7 year big money extension with that kind of knee injury history.

Two is on one and one was on the other. First and second one was almost eight and four years ago on the right knee. The latest one was 2020 on the left knee. He's already shown no issues whatsoever this year playing like he normally does. I'm plenty confident giving him 8x8 to keep him but I'm open to getting value out of him if they can't come to terms for whatever reason.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Hertl definitely gets way underrated because he plays in San Jose, which as a San Jose Sharks fan, I have to say we don't get a lot of attention in the hockey media. He's a possession monster, excellent teammate, high skill center with size. The knee injuries shouldn't be a concern as he played pretty strong last year besides post getting sick. I don't see DW trading Hertl. I see him resigning with the Sharks and being a Shark lifer, but if we were going to trade him I'd want a significant return because #48 leaving the lineup would create a huge hole. As others have said, 1st rd pick, blue chip prospect to start.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
From the Rangers, it would start with one of Lundkvist or Schneider.

I’d put his value at a blue chip prospect and a 1st. That’s usually what players of his caliber and age get with one year left on his deal. I really can’t say enough about how good Tomas Hertl is.

Id be interested

Reactions: Bacon Artemi Bravo

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I love Hertl. Very underrated.(mod edit)

Just don't think NYR can afford to give up what San Jose wants, especially when the extension might be more than we want to spend on Hertl.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Hertl has a 3 team trade list, IIRC. I think he is a Sharks lifer, but if he were to leave I would trade a 1st and a top prospect for him in a second. Like Couture he is one of those guys who doesn't put up huge numbers in the regular season but in the playoffs he is an absolute beast. My favorite player in the league. If he was willing to waive to come to Minnesota and sign an extension, I would trade Rossi or Boldy and a 1st for him without hesitation. Not that Jumbo was a slouch, but I think being paired with Kaprizov could possibly take Hertl's game to another level.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Hertl has a 3 team trade list, IIRC. I think he is a Sharks lifer, but if he were to leave I would trade a 1st and a top prospect for him in a second. Like Couture he is one of those guys who doesn't put up huge numbers in the regular season but in the playoffs he is an absolute beast. My favorite player in the league. If he was willing to waive to come to Minnesota and sign an extension, I would trade Rossi or Boldy and a 1st for him without hesitation. Not that Jumbo was a slouch, but I think being paired with Kaprizov could possibly take Hertl's game to another level.

Hertl does not have a NTC. Boldy and a 1st? I'd like that, and Hertl is my favorite player. This would allow SJ to begin the rebuild in earnest.

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
I'd offer Kravtsov, Schneider, 1st from NYR

If they'd rather have Chytil, I'd do Chytil, Jones, 1st, 3rd or something like that.

I feel like the Rangers and Sharks would make good trade partners if Hertl were available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad