Post-Game Talk: Tom Wilson vs the NY Ragdolls - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
$250k to Dolan means less than $5k to Wilson from a pure net worth perspective, but billionaire sociopaths (I repeat myself) like Dolan are much more petty and whiny when they have to pay fines, taxes, fees, employees, etc.

The response should be funny!

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
You couldn’t write a better script. Only thing missing is Wilson scoring the game winning goal in game 7 OT of the Stanley cup finals.

Reactions: ovikovy817

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
$250k to Dolan means less than $5k to Wilson from a pure net worth perspective, but billionaire sociopaths (I repeat myself) like Dolan are much more petty and whiny when they have to pay fines, taxes, fees, employees, etc.

The response should be funny!
Saw a post on the main board from a 3rd party fan suggesting they start a crowdfund to help the poor billionaire pay the fine.

Just incredible what Tom Wilson has done to peoples brains.

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018
I noticed when watching the 6 Caps players on the penalty box after the fights that none of them looked pissed. Then the camera shows the Rangers penalty box and the players looked flustered.

Reactions: Tweedsuitcase

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
E0t2_VsXoAM10ub

“Public comments of the nature issued by the Rangers that were personal in nature and demeaning of a League executive will not be tolerated,” said NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman. “While we don’t expect our Clubs to agree with every decision rendered by the Department of Player Safety, the extent to which the Rangers expressed their disagreement was unacceptable. It is terribly unfair to question ’ professionalism and dedication to his role and the Department of Player Safety.”
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E0t2_VsXoAM10ub?format=jpg&name=900x900

The bulk of the Rags' statement whined that TW was not suspended for his "horrifying act of violence." Only the last sentence referenced Parros. Bettman's statement does not defend the DOPS process or conclusion/punishment. I guess he did not have to go there to justify the fine, but it's interesting that the statement is silent on the Rags' bitching about all things TW.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I don’t understand why they had to call out Parros specifically. They could’ve gotten the message across without making it personal, and then call him out privately behind closed doors at the NHL HQ.

There was no way that the NHL would let one of its biggest franchises just air their dirty laundry like that.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Multiple red flags may be eating at his high value. You don't think other GMs are not noticing what's going on with Kuznetsov.

Absolutely would like to get the most value you can for Kuznetsov, but in this cap flat era the shedding of 7.8 million a season for the next four seasons after this one may result in unforeseen dividends down the road in the signing of someone else who better fits the team's work ethic. It's frustrating but how many times have we seen this with players who have the obvious talent but lack the work ethic, mental strength, temperament, personal discipline (Semin, Burakovsky, Vrana, Kuznetsov).
Sure, I don't disagree with any of that. I'm just saying you don't leave someone with his value (however diminished it is) exposed in an expansion draft.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I noticed when watching the 6 Caps players on the penalty box after the fights that none of them looked pissed. Then the camera shows the Rangers penalty box and the players looked flustered.

It very much seemed like the Rangers were going through the motions during the fights. It was there "job" to do it, "paid" to do it, but nothing more. There hearts certainly weren't into it.

Reactions: Empty Goal Net

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
Buchnevich will be suspended by 5pm today. we get to see this place and everywhere else go full meltdown, let’s goooooooooo
I want 10 regular season games. Clear premeditated act of revenge.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I'm thinking that maybe the Scanners Head Explosion gif is too graphic for HFBoards(?), but good grief will heads be popping when Buch gets suspended.

Reactions: Chokingdogs

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
E0t2_VsXoAM10ub

“Public comments of the nature issued by the Rangers that were personal in nature and demeaning of a League executive will not be tolerated,” said NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman. “While we don’t expect our Clubs to agree with every decision rendered by the Department of Player Safety, the extent to which the Rangers expressed their disagreement was unacceptable. It is terribly unfair to question ’ professionalism and dedication to his role and the Department of Player Safety.”
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E0t2_VsXoAM10ub?format=jpg&name=900x900

The bulk of the Rags' statement whined that TW was not suspended for his "horrifying act of violence." Only the last sentence referenced Parros. Bettman's statement does not defend the DOPS process or conclusion/punishment. I guess he did not have to go there to justify the fine, but it's interesting that the statement is silent on the Rags' bitching about all things TW.
Good lord. "It's terribly unfair"??? That's not quite "horrifying act of violence"-level whining, but what is up with these people? Are 10 year olds writing this stuff?

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
I'm thinking that maybe the Scanners Head Explosion gif is too graphic for HFBoards(?), but good grief will heads be popping when Buch gets suspended.

lol. I use that one on a semi regular basis. Soooo fitting. Should change my avatar to that.

Reactions: HeyMattyB

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Sure, I don't disagree with any of that. I'm just saying you don't leave someone with his value (however diminished it is) exposed in an expansion draft.
The issue is we have the "perfect storm" here, a flat cap for ?, coupled with an expansion draft and for seasoning Ovechkin's next contract just over the horizon. Ordinarily you'd work on a trade, however the window for such a transaction may be small. Hence leaving him exposed for the expansion draft might have to be considered as it may end up protecting other assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad