Post-Game Talk: Tom Wilson vs the NY Ragdolls - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweedsuitcase

Sep 28, 2009
Tom Wilson destroyed that entire team, I don’t even know what to say. I almost feel bad for Rangers fans
And rangers fans and fans around the league all still think they “won” this exchange somehow. I wonder if they’ll get hit with the reality at some point. They got beat on the scoreboard, not one Cap was “scared” of their retribution on ice, they blew up
Management, are going to accelerate their rebuild (classic Ragdolls style, after actually trying to do it right for once), all initiated by TW. and the caps are coming out of this second game tighter and feeling great about themselves.
And I’m feeling in love with my fellow fans.

Tweedsuitcase

Sep 28, 2009
It's a defense against the pain of cognitive dissonance. Admitting your team is horrid and you got punked by a rival is tough on the ego. So you invent an alternate reality where losing is really winning.
Plus they’re playing victim with the team fine and potential suspension, while still patting themselves/receiving pats on the back for their “response” and toughness

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
It's a defense against the pain of cognitive dissonance. Admitting your team is horrid and you got punked by a rival is tough on the ego. So you invent an alternate reality where losing is really winning.

The media was helping them. I saw Dan Rosen on NHLN talking about how the Rangers felt like they came together with their response and so on. Making it sound like there was some deterrence delivered last night. The broadcast crew was doing the same during the game. Challenging Lars Eller to a fight isnt a delivery. Particularly when they were specifically staying away from Chara and Dillon. The guy that went after Wilson paid a price for it, though it appears the anti Wilson posters saw that fight as a draw.

The only pain they succeeded in sending was the crosscheck to Mantha and that looks to be more costly to deliver than receive

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Imagine having standards in which after mondays events you come back from the 2nd game feeling happy despite losing your President, GM, the game, Buch to a suspension and losing 5 of the 6 fights in that game.

Their fans clearly don't expect much.

Geez.
I tried to defend the mains, it’s scary out there

Tweedsuitcase

Sep 28, 2009
I really don't like to be all "kids these days"/ trashing new fans, but if you are surprised by a suspension coming out of a "retaliation" game, you really don't know anything about the NHL

Reactions: Cappy76

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I tried to defend the mains, it’s scary out there

It's the land of double-standards. Wilson is a maniac yet people are wishing injuries to HOF'ers like Ovechkin and Backstrom.

Either way no reason to care anymore. 4 points in the bag and Playoffs right around the corner.

Let the Rangers fans dwell on that the entire summer while hoping to pick up the pieces from the mess they created on their front office.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Imagine having standards in which after mondays events you come back from the 2nd game feeling happy despite losing your President, GM, the game, Buch to a suspension and losing 5 of the 6 fights in that game.

Their fans clearly don't expect much.

Geez.

I thought after reading the mains that all 7 Capitals were a pile of bleeding, sniveling losers including Mantha after the crosscheck. I heard the Caps were begging for mercy. This isnt true?

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I thought after reading the mains that all 7 Capitals were a pile of bleeding, sniveling losers including Mantha after the crosscheck. I heard the Caps were begging for mercy. This isnt true?
No one from the Caps backed down. I'd say the Caps won every fight. And even when Mantha got viciously crosschecked in the face he got right up to fight.
Anyone else notice that Buchnevich had 3 stick infraction penalties in that game but he wouldn't drop the gloves with anyone.

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
No one from the Caps backed down. I'd say the Caps won every fight. And even when Mantha got viciously crosschecked in the face he got right up to fight.
Anyone else notice that Buchnevich had 3 stick infraction penalties in that game but he wouldn't drop the gloves with anyone.
Also notice that no one would make eye contact with Chara?

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Probably a little too lenient, but it'll still make social media meltdown.

A player with no history, the player bounced up immediately and was ready to fight and the injury amounted to a bloody nose. I think it was a situation of he had to do something due to being as stick infraction and that's as little as he could do.

Empty Goal Net

Tank Brigadier
Feb 13, 2010
It's been a few hours since I managed to sneak a peak at the mains, but golly gee, this Internets is a strange place. There's one poster who's promoting the position that Willie was too scared to come out after intermission. I bet if Willie had continued playing, this same poster would be blaming 43 and the Caps for keeping him in the game and deliberately provoking a response from the Rags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->