Confirmed Signing with Link: Tom Wilson Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSUCapsFan

Jan 8, 2010
Irvine, CA
Wilson played a huge role in Kuznetsov’s breakout postseason performance.

I predict Kuznetsov will carry that momentum into next season and establish himself as a top 5 elite center in the league. Wilson opens up space for Kuznetsov and allows him to create on offense.

If that line stays healthy I’m predicting a 90 point season for Kuznetsov and a 60 point campaign for Wilson. Bet on it! Can’t wait to look back on this thread in 6 months and laugh at all the haters.

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
Boy this thread should be a sticky forever. What I learned
all fans are scared of Tom Wilson
all teams are scared of Tom Wilson
Facts are facts so I'll jog a few memories, Cap fans that salivate over Wilson's cheap and dirty hits wet their pants when Brayden Schenn did his best Tom Wilson impression on the playoff series a few years ago. Then a smaller Simmonds beat Wilson when the gloves were off. Being South of Baltimore I see more than I want of the Caps and can tell you Wilson doesn't have the offensive skills to do much more than we've already seen.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Lol, what a terrible reason

I guess anyone with a cup or an impressive run is better than every young player in the game who hasnt done better yet. Riight
Yet? I’m confident I can say what Wilson has done is more impressive than anything Miles Wood is ever likely to do.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Wilson played a huge role in Kuznetsov’s breakout postseason performance.

I predict Kuznetsov will carry that momentum into next season and establish himself as a top 5 elite center in the league. Wilson opens up space for Kuznetsov and allows him to create on offense.

If that line stays healthy I’m predicting a 90 point season for Kuznetsov and a 60 point campaign for Wilson. Bet on it! Can’t wait to look back on this thread in 6 months and laugh at all the haters.
Lmfao dude never broke 40 but suddenly hes going to score 60 next season

YIKES

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Boy this thread should be a sticky forever. What I learned
all fans are scared of Tom Wilson
all teams are scared of Tom Wilson
Facts are facts so I'll jog a few memories, Cap fans that salivate over Wilson's cheap and dirty hits wet their pants when Brayden Schenn did his best Tom Wilson impression on the playoff series a few years ago. Then a smaller Simmonds beat Wilson when the gloves were off. Being South of Baltimore I see more than I want of the Caps and can tell you Wilson doesn't have the offensive skills to do much more than we've already seen.
Who won that series prey tell? And what did Tom Wilson do to Brayden Schenn multiple times while he was a Flyer? The answer is, RUIN. If you don’t remember you can go to YouTube. Take your tissues and lotion and jog your own memory, there’s your sticky forever.

Last edited:

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
Tom Wilson had 10 fewer PTs in the 2018 Playoffs than the entirety of the New Jersey Devils roster. Not every player is worth $5M but the Cup is priceless.
But this is the kind of deal which will make sure the Capital's are one and done.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
You didn't answer my question.
No, not every player on the Capitals is worth $5M. They are, however, worth what someone is willing to pay them. The Capitals decided at 24 and coming off a remarkable playoff performance Tom Wilson IS worth $5M, for now I’m okay with that. I’m certainly not going to assail the contract before we even have an opportunity to see if Wilson can replicate or build on his audition in the Top 6 with a new coaching staff and $5M worth of incentive to try and make Wilson worth that money. You’ll certainly excuse me if I think they know better than you.

Proclaiming the contract terrible or a dramatic failure or suggesting Wilson won’t be worth it is certainly premature and judging something before you have any idea what it will become is foolhardy if not downright stupid. I’m saying let’s let this play out and see how it goes. I, for one, am excited to see what Wilson can still BECOME. I am certainly encouraged by what he already IS.

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
No, not every player on the Capitals is worth $5M. They are, however, worth what someone is willing to pay them. The Capitals decided at 24 and coming off a remarkable playoff performance Tom Wilson IS worth $5M, for now I’m okay with that. I’m certainly not going to assail the contract before we even have an opportunity to see if Wilson can replicate or build on his audition in the Top 6 with a new coaching staff and $5M worth of incentive to try and make Wilson worth that money. You’ll certainly excuse me if I think they know better than you.

Proclaiming the contract terrible or a dramatic failure or suggesting Wilson won’t be worth it is certainly premature and judging something before you have any idea what it will become is foolhardy if not downright stupid. I’m saying let’s let this play out and see how it goes. I, for one, am excited to see what Wilson can still BECOME. I am certainly encouraged by what he already IS.
the dude isnt going to become much more than he is, so prepare for disappointment

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Bad contract for one of the dirtiest players in the game.
The spurious nature of your reasoning invalidates the content of your argument.

On another note; who knew Devils fans had such contempt for Tom Wilson. Although I guess team success isn’t necessarily a requirement for hating Wilson.....NYI, PHI, NJD, PIT (outlier)......there’s a theme here and it speaks volumes about the value of Tom Wilson.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC

On another note; who knew Devils fans had such contempt for Tom Wilson. Although I guess team success isn’t necessarily a requirement for hating Wilson.....NYI, PHI, NJD, PIT (outlier)......there’s a theme here and it speaks volumes about the value of Tom Wilson.

Huh, who knew Tom Wilson's mom had an HF account.

Anyway, if you want to know the main reason for Devils fans hating on Wilson, see his egregious hit on Moore from a few seasons ago. There's no theme here.

Reactions: Starat327

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017

lol NJ has had a lot more team success than Washington. oh and thanks for Stevens

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off

Fan of team with 1 championship in nearly 50 years insults other teams about team success. Comical.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Huh, who knew Tom Wilson's mom had an HF account.

Anyway, if you want to know the main reason for Devils fans hating on Wilson, see his egregious hit on Moore from a few seasons ago. There's no theme here.

Hmmm referencing an “egregious hit” that somehow avoided supplementary discipline that’s a theme, though not a unique one. What about Blake Coleman’s egregious hit on Dmitri Orlov from this past season. I wonder how Tom Wilson felt about that one. Oh wait, I know and so does Coleman’s face.

Actually there is at least one more theme here and throughout this thread; Devils fans whining.

lol NJ has had a lot more team success than Washington. oh and thanks for Stevens

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say most of it was likely before you were born.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016

We'll relay your thanks to St. Louis

Oh and thanks for taking our cap dump in Johansson and giving us the pick to acquire Kempny. Literally wouldn't have won a cup this year if Ray Shero wasn't kind enough to GM on our behalf lol

Reactions: PSUCapsFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad