Tom Wilson late hit on Mark Jankowski

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I'd be surprised if thats more than two games. Wouldn't be surprised if its none considering Wilson has massively toned down years now. Hunting for a big hit for sure, dont think that was malicious, no head just late

Interference is interference

Reactions: Kleefeld

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I'm sure the hit wasn't legal, but I would also like to start seeing real time playbacks in threads like this....All of these late/high hit threads where all we get a is a slow motion replay are starting to get frustrating.

I agree, but in this case I think the on-ice ads help give perspective- he travelled far enough where that hit coulda/shoulda been pulled out of.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Bu-b-but caps fans told me he had changed!
Interference.. lol

He's definitely changed. He was looking for a big hit, made a mistake and was late. 2 min. Wilson hits hard. Most players high stick the puck to their feet in that situation in that area of the ice. A baseball swing there is rare, he anticipated, wrongly, took a penalty

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I agree, but in this case I think the on-ice ads help give perspective- he travelled far enough where that hit coulda/shoulda been pulled out of.
Only thing i can think of is he thought the guy was going to high stick the puck down to his feet as seems more common in that area of the ice

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Late, yes, but not terrible. Seems later in slow motion. It was also good contact and the receiver saw it coming.

Minor was a good call.

This is minor, hence the minor penalty. Even if a Joe Blow threw the hit, I wouldn't be that mad. The only part I have an issue with (and this goes for most hits by him) is how far he travelled to lay the hit.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Twenty bucks says it doesn't happen if they call either penalty committed on Wilson earlier in the game. Refs basically did their part in waking the guy up and turning this game into what it is by failing to call the early hook or the interference, and Wilson started skating as a result. If you're not going to get anything you need to work extra hard to earn it, they dialed him up.

Reactions: CapsCrazyX17

blankall

Jul 4, 2007

It's a penalty for sure. Now we're discussing whether it warrants something more. How can we possibly do that with a slow-mo replay, as we're literally discussing the amount of time between when Jankowski got rid of the puck and when the hit happened.

I'm quickly hating all these threads where we're analyzing what a hitter should have been thinking, but doing so based on a slow-mo replay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad