Tom Wilson Has Arrived At Last

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Still not impressed. 34 points playing with ovi and kuznetsov. Whats the big deal? Sure im a tom wilson hater but tyring to be objective I really dont see him as a solid top 6 option. He is a really good 3rd liner player at best

He gets 0 power play TOI and he didn't actually play with Ovie and Kuzy all season.

I think more importantly he's improving and making good hockey plays, and even some great plays like that tip-in he had yesterday. It was downright pretty.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Back after the Caps won a game they didn't need.
<snip>
Oh so now we’re comparing threads about Hart trophy candidates to a thread about a third liner having 34 points? Are you just reaching for things to try and discredit my valid criticism of this threads purpose?

This thread was created when he had 20 points. Hes added a grand total of 14 to his totals. Oh my god. Stop the presses! Everyone! Tom Wilson has 34 points while playing with The best goal scorer in the league!

Has Tom Wilson offended me? He’s laid some brutal checks on Devil players, but the only reason I care one iota about him is because of this thread. And I don’t even really care about him I care about the absurdity of this thread.
You proved me wrong - Tom Wilson really isn't in your head :laugh:

And I guess to address your initial question I’ve criticized people for making repeat Hall threads over and over again. Nice try.
LOL well good for you. Sorry I don't keep a record of what every Jersey fan posts on HF :sarcasm:

Good luck in the playoffs - unless you manage WC1. Ohhhh now I know why you're got Tom on your mind :snide:

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Back after the Caps won a game they didn't need.

You proved me wrong - Tom Wilson really isn't in your head :laugh:

LOL well good for you. Sorry I don't keep a record of what every Jersey fan posts on HF :sarcasm:

Good luck in the playoffs - unless you manage WC1. Ohhhh now I know why you're got Tom on your mind :snide:
Nice too see you get that post count up there while continuing to contribute nothing of value. Sort of like the caps franchise over the past, what is it, 50 years now without winning anything of value? See you in the third round. Oh wait...

Reactions: Fatty McLardy

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Nice too see you get that post count up there while continuing to contribute nothing of value. Sort of like the caps franchise over the past, what is it, 50 years now without winning anything of value? See you in the third round. Oh wait...
This is the worst reply in the book. People constantly act like this is a good "burn" but in reality it is super old.

Yes we get it, the Caps have yet to win a Stanley Cup :deadhorse

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
This is hilarious. Wilson is neither a no talent goon as he's so often referred to on here, nor is he a star. He's gotten better each season and I'm completely happy with his progress.

His defensive game is great and he's one of the Caps top penalty killers. He's one of the most physical players in the league. And 31 of his 34 points are even strength. Every single fanbase would love him on their team.
Yeah, and we all want Marchand, too.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Does anyone have a breakdown on how many games Wilson actually played on the top line? If memory serves correct he didn't start playing top line minutes consistently until about half way through the season.

I would expect his point value to grow more next year with regular time and familiarity with his line mates.

One thing I will point out is that the idea that you can tag literally anyone into that line with Backstrom and Ovie and they'll flourish is a misconception. There is a reason why that winger spot has been a revolving door of players. This isn't NHL 18 where you simply tap the highest rated guys all onto one line and see it do wonders. role players are so essential. What Wilson brings to the top line maybe doesn't always manifest on the score sheet, but believe me he's making life easier for his line mates. I believe he's a large reason why Backstrom is having a career month and Ovechkin is once again a dominant scorer. Wilson creates space, he creates frustrating match ups, he draws penalties, there's so much that he's doing that is hard statistically support but he's most definitely a top line player.

Is he a top line player else where? I'm not sure, he's not a Marchand or prime Lucic, his value isn't obvious and transferable, he very much so is perfect for the build of the Caps and their top line.

Also griping about his draft position is somewhat moot. Caps maybe did draft the best player in that draft... and then they promptly traded him away. So really in my mind there is no use in splitting hairs about who else could have been taken with Wilson's pick.

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
Yeah, and we all want Marchand, too.
You're f***ing kidding yourself if you think you wouldn't be happy with Wilson on your team. And comparing him to Marchand lol. Not even close Wilson doesn't do flying elbows and dirty stick work. He's had a few bad hits. So has any other physical player in the history of the league. Get over it.

Reactions: RandyHolt

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Pot meet kettle.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Hopefully for Caps sake, Wilson will be less of a liability these playoffs....like he has been in the past few years.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Hopefully for Caps sake, Wilson will be less of a liability these playoffs....like he has been in the past few years.
Hopefully you find the time to watch the Capitals this playoffs...

Wilson had a 3 goals in the Toronto series including a GWG in OT . He was an impact player in the 2015 playoffs, arguably our most important player in the Islanders series and completely shifted that series in our favor.

But keep peepin that stat line and pretending you watch the games.

Reactions: RandyHolt

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
HF pre-2018: Tom Wilson is a no talent thug who belongs in prison, not the NHL! Waste of a first round pick! Bust!!

HF 2018: Tom Wilson is producing at his draft position...big deal...why is this a thread?

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Hopefully you find the time to watch the Capitals this playoffs...

Wilson had a 3 goals in the Toronto series including a GWG in OT . He was an impact player in the 2015 playoffs, arguably our most important player in the Islanders series and completely shifted that series in our favor.

But keep peepin that stat line and pretending you watch the games.

I'm sorry but if your most important player in a series is a forward who didn't record a single point but beat up Anders Friggin Lee, that might be the reason your team can't get over the hump.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I'm sorry but if your most important player in a series is a forward who didn't record a single point but beat up Anders Friggin Lee, that might be the reason your team can't get over the hump.
The fact that three years later he still has a permanent mental real estate monopoly in Long Island is proof enough. After that Visnovsky hit the Islanders abandoned all semblance of a game plan, that hit was the turning point in the series and if you disagree you weren't watching. The Islanders were up in that series 2-1 when that hit was leveled, they would lose that game in OT and all they could talk about was the hit. In game 5 they spent the entire game chasing after Wilson to get him to "answer" for it, even Islander fans at the time admitted they lost 5-1 because their team had no interest in actually playing the game beyond taking their pound of flesh. The Islanders end up losing that series in 7, think about that, they completely threw away a game in a series that went to 7 games.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
You're ****ing kidding yourself if you think you wouldn't be happy with Wilson on your team. And comparing him to Marchand lol. Not even close Wilson doesn't do flying elbows and dirty stick work. He's had a few bad hits. So has any other physical player in the history of the league. Get over it.

Uh... Wilson is more likely to end a career but carry on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad