Confirmed with Link: Tom Fitzgerald named New Jersey Assistant GM

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Sooo when Rutherford leaves, Botterill as GM, Guerin as assistant GM?

Still holding out hope that we can poach an up-and-coming assistant or scout from some other organization, rather than promote from within.

I've always been a fan of Trevor Timmins, Montreal's head of scouting, but I would also be intrigued by Kyle Dubas of the Leafs and Mike Futa of the Kings.

It would be hilarious if a team poached Dubas away from Toronto. Fans would go nuts.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Still holding out hope that we can poach an up-and-coming assistant or scout from some other organization, rather than promote from within.

I've always been a fan of Trevor Timmins, Montreal's head of scouting, but I would also be intrigued by Kyle Dubas of the Leafs and Mike Futa of the Kings.

It would be hilarious if a team poached Dubas away from Toronto. Fans would go nuts.

I would love to see the Penguins get Dubas/Futa...but Toronto loves Dubas too much, and Futa is holding out for the Kings GM position when Lombardi leaves. Don't know much about Timmins but Montreal has some good young players, so that's cool.

Just seems like the Penguins are pretty content with promoting their own guys. I also wonder what happens to Karmanos when Rutherford leaves.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I loved him as assistant coach.

What he's done behind the scenes is too unknown for me to comment on. I always got the impression that he was more old school in his thinking, but I have no way to verify that.

Penguinzilla*

:amazed: Now who's going to say every prospect is awesome and can be a NHL'er?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Still plenty of good GM candidates if Botterill isn't capable. MacIver or Brisebois for example.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I like him, but I think we're better off getting rid of some of these damn assistant GMs just to have a clearer vision for building the team.

kbuck8851

Apr 25, 2012
Length of time before the Pens pin the Depres trade on Fitzgerald?
Roughly lateral move implies a unity of vision with Shero?
Likelihood he really is behind the Depres trade?

Just a few questions...

Fordy

May 28, 2008
he was one of the good ones, i feel like, only because he was a good assistant coach

or maybe he sucked. who knows

AltDess

Jun 19, 2009
Length of time before the Pens pin the Depres trade on Fitzgerald?
Roughly lateral move implies a unity of vision with Shero?
Likelihood he really is behind the Depres trade?

Just a few questions...
malfunction malfunction malfunction
-----disrupting borg groupthink-----
malfunction malfunction malfunction

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad