CBC Hot Stove: Tolvanen, Niku amongst prospects in play

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Is Petry good enough ? 50 Points D with 100+ hits this year. He's a RD though.
He's actually a lefty but prefers to play on the right side. He won't be going anywhere. The day Kypreos is right about anything is the day I win the Powerball lottery.

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
Niku should be in the starting lineup now over Joe Morrow.
I’m not interested in moving him for a rental. Unless the players the Jets have now start playing better as a team, there is no reason to move any assets for rentals. Maybe Chevy should move his a$$ down to Maurice’s office and tell him his job isn’t safe with poor playoff performance and try and put some urgency in the coach.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Niku should be in the starting lineup now over Joe Morrow.
I’m not interested in moving him for a rental. Unless the players the Jets have now start playing better as a team, there is no reason to move any assets for rentals. Maybe Chevy should move his a$$ down to Maurice’s office and tell him his job isn’t safe with poor playoff performance and try and put some urgency in the coach.

What he said

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Really... Niku? I think Niku is the next Sami Salo/Alex Edler for the Jets (best comparisons I can find). Those kind of guys are very valuable to have on a team.

Tolvanen would be dumb of Nashville to do because I think he'd be a stud for the Preds, and I really hate the Preds so me saying that is something.

I'm not going to make any speculated proposals here because I feel like Kyprios is worse than Eklund.

I wouldn't go as far as to say he's as bad as Eklund, but he's nearer to them than McKenzie.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I move tolvanen in a heart beat for an extended mark stone. Throw in a first too. Stone is a stud and is a big body and amazing defensively. Rare combination.

Also he is from Winnipeg so I would love to see him stick it to the jets in a series!! We would also have more preds fans in their building with stones family. Make it happen Poile!!

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Highly unlikely. Panarin has already guaranteed he wants to enter the market. And Nashville needs a top end power forward like stone, not a small playmaker
Bread is small amd a playmaker but if you think he plays small you havent watched him since he joined Columbus. The guy is a stud on the forecheck and is a takeaway machine. Has no problem taking the body. He isnt just a Russian patty kane that is pure finesse. And he can shoot and score with the best but he has just played with some really good goal scorers so he has gotten more assists its not because he cant score goals its because he adapts to his linemates.

Thats good value for the Jets... in 2012.
Id take Trouba over either of those nucks in their primes.

I'm ok with trading Tolvanen for Stone or maybe Duchene. Not interested in Panarin or lesser players, it would probably turn out like the Forsberg for Erat swap to a lesser degree.
Yes Panarin is going to test but what makes you think the others sign? All 3 likely want to see best offers. I know Duchene likes Nashville so I give you that but what makes you think stone signs? Panarin would be the better fit and its more likely you go way further with bread then stone. Bread is elite playmaker and defense while being damn near elite goal scoring.

One of the most dynamic players in the league is now a “small playmaker”....lmfao
People need to watch him more there is no excuse not to watch cbj games anymore. We arent a bottom dweller and the same people that think panarin is a small playmaker are the same that think Ryan Murray would barely be on their bottom pair and Atkinson is too small and not good enough for their b prospect and 2nd rounder.

I'll be both shocked and disappointed if the Preds trade Tolvanen for someone who isnt an asset or is willing to extend.

Poile doesnt want to recreate the Forsberg trade with him as McPhee.

On the flipside, Tolvanen is underperforming at this point in the AHL. If Poile thinks hes not going to pan out he would want to deal him while he has the most value. But as Forsberg proved, 19 is way to young to give up on a blue chip prospect
in his call up last year wasnt he just average at best? He also slipped like 20 spots in the draft as well maybe there is more to the situation? Idk I havent followed him this year. Would he be considered a bluechip even being picked basically the last pock of the 1st.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

Apr 9, 2009
USA
A cup is not guaranteed. Panarin is arguably the best player, nobody is doubting his abilities, we are skeptical of trading big assets for a guy who has publicly said he is not going to re-sign and will only entertain signing to certain cities for as much as he can.

He does not guarantee a Cup, but I've seen what a really good team does when they add an elite winger.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Niku's advanced stats are god awful, is his on ice play any better? How is he defensively?

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Niku's advanced stats are god awful, is his on ice play any better? How is he defensively?
wait till someone has 80-100 games played in their career before pulling out the advanced stats poop not give or take in or around 10 games played

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
in his call up last year wasnt he just average at best? He also slipped like 20 spots in the draft as well maybe there is more to the situation? Idk I havent followed him this year. Would he be considered a bluechip even being picked basically the last pock of the 1st.

Right now Tolvanens reputation and value still stem from how he torched the KHL as an 18 year old.

I'm not any kind of scout so I have no idea what the development staff of the Preds (and scouts from other teams) think about him now that hes had over half a season in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad