CBC Hot Stove: Tolvanen, Niku amongst prospects in play

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You could take away any 2 of the three and I wouldn't make the trade.
We have Trouba, Buff and Myers on the right side...
Also, he hasn't hit 50 points ever...
He sure as hell going to do it this year though, but make it 40 points to appease your mind.

Myers and Trouba are leaving soon, you could flip one of the two at this deadline for another player.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
He sure as hell going to do it this year though, but make it 40 points to appease your mind.

Myers and Trouba are leaving soon, you could flip one of the two at this deadline for another player.
No thanks.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
When the Jets are 100% going to lose Myers next year they are going to trade away their only possibly on replacing him? Just how dumb is Kypreos

Reactions: mikeyp24

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
I watched the segment.. Niku is being brought up by other teams in talks and not being dangled by WPG. Similar to Roslovic, I don't see Niku being available. Id go as far as Roslovic would be made available before Niku given our depth and needs

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Lol, Panarin is literally the best player in your quote, how?

The guy who has said he is going to free agency and not sign with us? He is not worth giving up our best prospect and a 1st, especially with multiple options for a 1st-2nd line winger out there.

Stone, Duchene, Kreider, Hayes, Zuccarello, Simmonds, Ferland(ugh), etc. are all available and most of them would make our 2nd line and PP better. Most of those names wouldn't require Tolvanen.

Reactions: preds1

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Is Petry good enough ? 50 Points D with 100+ hits this year. He's a RD though.
Not unless the Habs are able to retain enough to match the cost control the Jets get with Niku for the next 2 yrs.
Right now, the fact Niku is still on his ELC is a huge plus.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I'll be both shocked and disappointed if the Preds trade Tolvanen for someone who isnt an asset or is willing to extend.

Poile doesnt want to recreate the Forsberg trade with him as McPhee.

On the flipside, Tolvanen is underperforming at this point in the AHL. If Poile thinks hes not going to pan out he would want to deal him while he has the most value. But as Forsberg proved, 19 is way to young to give up on a blue chip prospect

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
He said high end. Ferland and Simmonds don’t meet that. Think Stone or Panarin in which case Tolvenen and a 1st probably fit trade wise. As a Winnipeg fan, that scares the ****e out of me!

I just finished saying he wouldn’t move for Ferland and that I think it would definitely have to be a more highly skilled forward. But thanks for correcting me, I guess?

Reactions: heilongjetsfan

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
One of the most dynamic players in the league is now a “small playmaker”....lmfao

Uh, he's 5'11 165, and he has almost 100 more assists than goals. Let's not take offense when someone accurately describes a player.
Nashville got pummeled by a bigger and faster Winnipeg team last year, we need a big goal scorer. Someone like Stone makes more sense than Panarin, IMO.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
The guy who has said he is going to free agency and not sign with us? He is not worth giving up our best prospect and a 1st, especially with multiple options for a 1st-2nd line winger out there.

Stone, Duchene, Kreider, Hayes, Zuccarello, Simmonds, Ferland(ugh), etc. are all available and most of them would make our 2nd line and PP better. Most of those names wouldn't require Tolvanen.

It's fine with the rest of the league if you value one prospect over a legitimate Cup run. Be our guests and don't trade for Panarin. The rest of the league wins.

Reactions: mikeyp24

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
It's fine with the rest of the league if you value one prospect over a legitimate Cup run. Be our guests and don't trade for Panarin. The rest of the league wins.

A cup is not guaranteed. Panarin is arguably the best player, nobody is doubting his abilities, we are skeptical of trading big assets for a guy who has publicly said he is not going to re-sign and will only entertain signing to certain cities for as much as he can.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Calling Panarin a small playmaker might be true, but it's also the understatement of the century. Panarin would fit on that team like butter on bread. Yeah pun intended.
No he wouldn’t. You haven’t watched us play the entire season. Your a penguins fan anyways so how you know lol. Stone is a much better fit for us than panarin, plus there’s actually a chance stone would sign here. Russians and belorussians are our kryptonite tho

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Yeah, it's not Winnipeg going fishing with Niku as bait. Other teams would love to have Niku as a prospect, he has major up-side, that is not a player that TNSE trades.

Samberg, Roslovic and to a slightly lesser extent Vesalainen are the same. The Jets do not trade prospects they can't easily replace. Foley was disposable becauss of CJ Suess' rise. We don't have players that can do what we think the other 4 prospects can do.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Winnipeg would be really stupid to trade Niku. I can see Nashville trading Tolvanen because one really good forward could put them over the top and their cup window is open now.

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
Niku is the most untouchable prospect Jets have, even more than Vesalainen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad