CBC Hot Stove: Tolvanen, Niku amongst prospects in play

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
They need/want a high-end wing.

Ahh ok. I know there was talk that they were looking at someone like Simmonds or Ferland. I don’t know what flyers fans expect for Simmonds but I can’t see Tolvanen moving for Ferland. If Nashville is willing to move Tolvanen they need a higher skilled player back for sure.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Ahh ok. I know there was talk that they were looking at someone like Simmonds or Ferland. I don’t know what flyers fans expect for Simmonds but I can’t see Tolvanen moving for Ferland. If Nashville is willing to move Tolvanen they need a higher skilled player back for sure.

He said high end. Ferland and Simmonds don’t meet that. Think Stone or Panarin in which case Tolvenen and a 1st probably fit trade wise. As a Winnipeg fan, that scares the shite out of me!

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Really... Niku? I think Niku is the next Sami Salo/Alex Edler for the Jets (best comparisons I can find). Those kind of guys are very valuable to have on a team.

Tolvanen would be dumb of Nashville to do because I think he'd be a stud for the Preds, and I really hate the Preds so me saying that is something.

I'm not going to make any speculated proposals here because I feel like Kyprios is worse than Eklund.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
It's Kypreos...

No doubt teams are asking about these players that doesn't mean they are "in play"

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Niku is by far an untouchable...if a good D man was coming back in the deal, I'd be all for it.
1st, Niku and KV should bring back a great D man with term.

Reactions: Husqvarna

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Niku seems interesting, I was kinda thinking Vesalainen makes more sense. Panarin seems destined for UFA, but Stone would very likely stay in Winnipeg. So Vesalainen makes way more sense if it were Stone.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Is Petry good enough ? 50 Points D with 100+ hits this year. He's a RD though.
You could take away any 2 of the three and I wouldn't make the trade.
We have Trouba, Buff and Myers on the right side...
Also, he hasn't hit 50 points ever...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad