Confirmed with Link: Toffoli Signs for 3 Years/$4.6 AAV

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Hopefully Toffoli stays healthy and produces 30 goals again.

The roster will need very good years from Kopitar/Carter/Toffoli and Pearson to stay afloat.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Right? DL never made a good decision. Team won in spite of him. It was a miracle. Surprised Rob didn't take over sooner. He coulda been the first Player-GM rather than going to the Sharks.

Pretty much. Every GM is good until they're bad. Kinda weird huh?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Excellent signing and a good fit given the Kings current cap situation.

It's the "show me" contract I think Toffoli needed to sign.

On Blake, I give him a C+ thus far. He has signed two RFAs and some kid free agents who likely will have some impact in Ontario next season. After that who knows. The degree of difficulty on the RFA signings wasn't off the chart.

Let's see what he does the rest of the summer.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
There you go again with that negativity. A C+? If you have nothing nice to post, don't post at all.

Well yeah, the deal is bad. Blake should have traded him for a 1st round pick, along with Carter and Pearson for picks. Those picks may some day produce a player maybe as good as these guys. Then we can trade those players for picks again and win cap space cups.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
This thread has gotten weird. I appreciate Lombardi for what he did, and I appreciate Blake for what he is doing now. Am I supposed to love one and hate the other or something?

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Well yeah, the deal is bad. Blake should have traded him for a 1st round pick, along with Carter and Pearson for picks. Those picks may some day produce a player maybe as good as these guys. Then we can trade those players for picks again and win cap space cups.

giphy.gif

Jul 31, 2005
CA
This thread has gotten weird. I appreciate Lombardi for what he did, and I appreciate Blake for what he is doing now. Am I supposed to love one and hate the other or something?

Yes, to prove you're right, you should be a scout and aren't just guy who watches on TV and has never picked up a hockey stick in his life. When you yell shoot in the 300's you mean it cause you know when to shoot the puck and the players don't.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
There you go again with that negativity. A C+? If you have nothing nice to post, don't post at all.

Yeah, I'm kind of a dick like that sometimes.

...and RP, please don't go back and point out when you were right about something, because that makes you a dick too. (dripping with :sarcasm:)

Nice job by Blake thus far, but nothing spectacular, so C+ is my honest assessment.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Perfect term for Toffoli and Pearson considering the team will look a lot different in 2-3 years. It's quite possible Gaborik, Brown, and maybe even Doughty won't be around. Having options to trade Pearson and/or Toffoli as well could set them up decently for a complete rebuild.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

...and RP, please don't go back and point out when you were right about something, because that makes you a dick too. (dripping with :sarcasm:)

Nice job by Blake thus far, but nothing spectacular, so C+ is my honest assessment.

I'd give him more than that because it's still too early in the offseason for 'spectacular' dramatics anyway. No one announces huge moves during the playoffs.

I give him kudos for the Fantenberg, Iafallo, etc. signings even if they were on our radar previously because of that interview earlier in the summer where Futa (IIRC, maybe Yanetti?) hinted these guys wouldn't have been signed before. So, he's plotted a new-ish course and immediately went to work on it. Imama is a good reflection of that as well--pissed about Kings getting pushed around? Go out and get a bruiser with some potential; even if it's an AHL move, these moves have all been unanimously praised. Maybe we shouldn't 'expect' less, but after that first press conference where Luc/Blake seemed pretty unsure about what they wanted to do, Blake's sure been throwing straight line darts since then.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

I'm of the opinion that he has an INC considering he resigned two of our RFAs to their actual value.. I'll give him an actual grade based on the signings of UFAs, trades made and draft selections ..... So we should really revisit this in a couple of months

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I guessed a while ago that Pearson+Toffoli would require ~$10 million to sign. Blake getting the two for under 9 is good, under 8.5 is awesome, for the team. Obviously the Kings had to keep the two.

Win for Blake, Win for the Kings, Win for Pearson, Win for Toffoli. Can't complain.

What's next? Expansion draft? Trade for a forward before expansion draft? These two contracts being done sets the Kings up really nicely going forward. Some cap space available to maneuver, options on who to protect, some intriguing forwards available. Should be a fun month.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
I guessed a while ago that Pearson+Toffoli would require ~$10 million to sign. Blake getting the two for under 9 is good, under 8.5 is awesome, for the team. Obviously the Kings had to keep the two.

Win for Blake, Win for the Kings, Win for Pearson, Win for Toffoli. Can't complain.

What's next? Expansion draft? Trade for a forward before expansion draft? These two contracts being done sets the Kings up really nicely going forward. Some cap space available to maneuver, options on who to protect, some intriguing forwards available. Should be a fun month.

If we trade for a fwd before the expansion draft we would have to expose Forbort (protecting, with your scenario, 7-3-1). Unless you're trading a D?

eleventy

Conditioner goes first
Jul 4, 2007
If we trade for a fwd before the expansion draft we would have to expose Forbort (protecting, with your scenario, 7-3-1). Unless you're trading a D?

Could also strike a deal with vegas to ensure they leave certain players alone.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Perfect term for Toffoli and Pearson considering the team will look a lot different in 2-3 years. It's quite possible Gaborik, Brown, and maybe even Doughty won't be around. Having options to trade Pearson and/or Toffoli as well could set them up decently for a complete rebuild.

That's a good way to look at the signings.

The roster will be different.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
So we currently have 5.3M in cap space. After we lose Lewis/McNabb to Vegas we'll be around 7M in available space. And IF we somehow convince Vegas to take Brown/Gaborik we'll be around the 10M mark. That's plenty to get a scoring winger/3rd line center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad