Confirmed with Link: Toffoli Signs for 3 Years/$4.6 AAV

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Another bridge deal, good job considering Toffoli probably wasn't going to sign longer term after an injury riddled year.

4.6M Is a fair deal.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Blake offered Pearson/Toffoli fair deals, good job.

Nothing outrageous, also no drama.

KingsFirstCup

Nov 18, 2012
Canada
Are the rumors about Voynov coming back potentially true or are they bogus? If he comes back and now with these Toffoli and Pearson deals, a new coach, and potentailly Drouin or Kane, this season looks very exciting

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
Blake continues to impress me. really, really happy with what he's done so far (though its only been, what, 2 months?). excited about whats to come!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Blake looking good with these deals so far. Very fair for both team and player imo, especially after his injuries.

Too bad he'll be 28 at the end of the deal so we'd better trade him for a prospect before it's too late ;)

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Are the rumors about Voynov coming back potentially true or are they bogus? If he comes back and now with these Toffoli and Pearson deals, a new coach, and potentailly Drouin or Kane, this season looks very exciting

Voynov would have had to apply to come back well before now to even make the 2017-18 roster. Also the KHL has no agreement to allow players out of contracts, so Voynov would have to buy himself out of his contract, which he would probably not do.

So it's probably bogus.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
God Damn Blake I'm really impressed. 2 of the biggest offseason deals already taken care of. Well done.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
https://capfriendly.com/teams/kings

Kings now have a little over $5M of wiggle room with Toffoli locked up and an assumed cap ceiling of $73M.

If the NHLPA applies an escalator, then the cap may reach up to $76M.

It's nice to have some breathing room heading in to the off-season and taking care of the two biggest contracts on the team before the expansion draft and free agency.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Blake looking good with these deals so far. Very fair for both team and player imo, especially after his injuries.

Too bad he'll be 28 at the end of the deal so we'd better trade him for a prospect before it's too late ;)

If he scores 30 again, it will take care of itself, he will have most likely priced himself out of LA.

If toxic contracts remain on the books.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
https://capfriendly.com/teams/kings

Kings now have a little over $5M of wiggle room with Toffoli locked up and an assumed cap ceiling of $73M.

If the NHLPA applies an escalator, then the cap may reach up to $76M.

It's nice to have some breathing room heading in to the off-season and taking care of the two biggest contracts on the team before the expansion draft and free agency.

I think the Kings need a solid Third Line Center that can produce, more than a Top 4 Defender. Dowd/Kempe/Shore are just not third line center material, if you ask me.

Maybe that's where the money should go.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Well, that's one less thing to worry about.

Nice to have TP/TT in place prior to expansion, the draft and free agency.

As for Toffoli, put a letter on his sweater already. Half joking but he has gone team friendly on both contracts so far. Before anyone argues with me, a "fair deal" is pretty much the same as team-friendly at this point.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I would have rather taken a risk and given him a longer deal with a higher AAV.

That said, it's a good deal. So far so good with Blake.

palffytofrovlov

Apr 4, 2003
Los Angeles
Visit site
Question if both Matt Greene and Gaborik put on LTIR, or if Greene Retires would that add more some more salary. Would like to add a 3rd line Center, another D (Alzner or Brendan Smith) and a better back up goalie...

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I would have rather taken a risk and given him a longer deal with a higher AAV.

That said, it's a good deal. So far so good with Blake.

I doubt Toffoli would have sold any UFA years, especially after his injury riddled season.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Question if both Matt Greene and Gaborik put on LTIR, or if Greene Retires would that add more some more salary. Would like to add a 3rd line Center, another D (Alzner or Brendan Smith) and a better back up goalie...

When a player is placed on LTIR, their cap hit technically remains on the teams cap payroll and it continues to count as it always did. It also does not provide the club with additional cap-space savings that can be banked for future use while the team operates below the salary cap. Instead, LTIR provides relief if the club's averaged club salary, or payroll, begins to exceed the upper limit. The amount of relief that the club receives is calculated on the day the player is placed on LTIR. There are two formulas that are used to determine the LTIR relief, the first formula, the basic formula, can be used during the season and during the off-season. The second formula, the training-camp formula, can be used during the off-season.

(Short Answer) To be rid of Greene's+Gabo's cap hits, they have to be bought out(pay a cap penalty for this), or traded, or retire.

At least, that is how I understand it.

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I think the Kings need a solid Third Line Center that can produce, more than a Top 4 Defender. Dowd/Kempe/Shore are just not third line center material, if you ask me.

Maybe that's where the money should go.

They'll likely add a veteran backup goalie in the range of $1.5M or less who can appear in 25 or so games.

Depending on how the expansion draft plays out and what trades are made, they very may be looking to sign a UFA dman. That's where an option like Del Zotto could be a good one, as he is used to logging 20+ minutes and playing in all situations.

Then up front there are a few needs that could be addressed. Like you suggested, getting stronger down the middle seems like a must if they wish to contend against the depth of their division rivals. Then they also need to add some scoring support on the top lines, as Kopitar doesn't appear to have any capable wingers to play with looking at the lineup as it is right now.

With the two biggest hurdles taken care of, I imagine Blake will still be active and we'll see some more changes to the lineup in the upcoming months. They're guaranteed to lose somebody at the expansion draft, and they could be losing more than just one player if they work out some agreement with Vegas.

I bet they'll also still be looking to add some more free agent prospects in addition to loading up the prospect pool in the upcoming draft.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Well, that's one less thing to worry about.

Nice to have TP/TT in place prior to expansion, the draft and free agency.

As for Toffoli, put a letter on his sweater already. Half joking but he has gone team friendly on both contracts so far. Before anyone argues with me, a "fair deal" is pretty much the same as team-friendly at this point.

The dude has basically done everything off-ice like young Dustin Brown, he just hasn't been a stone cold killer on the ice. I'd be on board with that if there were more of a youth movement.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00