Confirmed with Link: Toews out indefinitely with illness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
Hey man the fact that they said he is returning at all is good enough for me.
Yeah, does the rest of the stuff really matter at this point? As long he comes back healthy and ready to rock moving forward that is what matters. Of course everyone is curious. But he absolutely has a right to his own privacy. Just like it is no ones business if we have to miss work due to some illness or for whatever reason. If anyone deserves some time off it is a guy like Toews. Even if it was just to take a mental break, good for him. I highly doubt it though otherwise he wouldn't get paid. This could actually extend his career and make him a better player into his 30's. Plus it gave the Hawks the opportunity to put many young players in situations that they wouldn't have been placed in had Jonathan been playing. In the long run the team may be better off because of it.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
I'm working under the assumption that Toews is back at Day 1 of training camp in the fall, ready to put this behind him. Question is -- does he ever address the underlying reason(s)?

Please note -- I am simply curious here -- whether he does or not, that's completely up to him, and it's none of our business.

needle

Apr 30, 2012
I'm working under the assumption that Toews is back at Day 1 of training camp in the fall, ready to put this behind him. Question is -- does he ever address the underlying reason(s)?

Please note -- I am simply curious here -- whether he does or not, that's completely up to him, and it's none of our business.

Read between the lines. He took the season off. Still got his $10.5M. As long as none of his teammates look at him as quitting on them, he'll be fine. Only guys that can really do that to Toews are Keith or Kane. Neither will.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Read between the lines. He took the season off. Still got his $10.5M. As long as none of his teammates look at him as quitting on them, he'll be fine. Only guys that can really do that to Toews are Keith or Kane. Neither will.
Some would argue that Kane took the season off as well. He is in no position to challenge Toews for time missed this season.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I don’t even think the person on my ignore list would argue that. Without a doubt one of the worst posts I’ve ever seen on any forum.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
That's speculative garbage. Name another team captain in a major sport who decided to "take a season off" and pass it off as a mystery illness. I'll hang up and listen for the response.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Bobby i can't believe you sometimes. Of all the bones to pick with the Blackhawks the last 12 years you're choosing to go with one against a guy who very well may retire as the greatest Blackhawk of all time and the greatest American hockey player of all time. You're a fool if you think this team would be better off with Kane off of it, or that Kane's play is a detriment to anything at all. Total fool.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Who are the some? Or is it just you, party of one?
I'll let them speak for themselves but I will say this: we repeatedly read from posters virtually every game about the lack of effort from "the greatest Hawk ever". Kane's name should not be mentioned with the likes of Hossa, Hull, Mikita, Toews... you know guys that actually competed every time they got on the ice.

WeAreSoPucked

Jan 15, 2021
... Kane's name should not be mentioned with the likes of Hossa, Hull, Mikita, Toews... you know guys that actually competed every time they got on the ice.

Interesting point - those names for sure icons now; but I think Kane's, "game' such an exceptional level of production earns him an exception to the standards the others' set.

We all love those guys skate a 200ft game - I think Big Hoss is now my favorite Hawk of all time (replacing "Stosh" & Tony-O) - and 88 obviously doesn't, or rarely anyway.

"Showtime" tho ... can't argue w/ the marketing and Kane did & still can we hope, walk it like he talked it.
GoHawks.

Reactions: BobbyJet

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I'll let them speak for themselves but I will say this: we repeatedly read from posters virtually every game about the lack of effort from "the greatest Hawk ever". Kane's name should not be mentioned with the likes of Hossa, Hull, Mikita, Toews... you know guys that actually competed every time they got on the ice.

You know what's the hardest thing in the NHL to do? Score and produce offense. David Kampf's name isn't getting into the HHoF.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019

I don't think this is true. He was working with Patrick Kane's trainer last summer and the guy was saying how hard it was to get Toews to get ready for bubble hockey. Sounded like Toews had lingering issues to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad