Today's Meeting: Any News???

Status
Not open for further replies.

i am dave

Mar 9, 2004
Corner of 1st & 1st
The TSN article says that the league presented for 1 hour followed by the PA caucus, which lasted 2.5 hours, and then the meetings were ended. I don't know, but that sounds a little bit like a filibuster to me.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Seachd said:
And let's not forget: All this was uncharted territory for everyone. Salaries have never been so high. Who knew it would grow so fast, and who knew at what point the system would fall apart? It's been a test run of sorts.

Now we know where it starts to stop working. It should be fixed as such.

They knew in 1999 there was amajor problem, instead of trying to fix the system then, the owners greed took over and they renewed the CBA.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Son of Steinbrenner said:
who screwed the game up. the players?????????

the owners are the guys that gave these guys the contracts

irrelevant. The game still needs to be fixed, the owners aren't blameless for the issues present, but the issues still need to be fixed

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
JWI19 said:
They knew in 1999 there was amajor problem, instead of trying to fix the system then, the owners greed took over and they renewed the CBA.

just a stab, but with the brand new and very recent expansion teams that year, it would have been murder for a lockout to occur (not that's it's not now, but you know).

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Roflmao ok little girl go away.
What? I'm wondering why exactly this isn't a fair deal (or better yet, why you thought the NHLPA's proposal was so good for the league), and all you can do is answer with stupid smilies and "roflmao". Good one.

avalanche_country

Mar 3, 2004
Denver, CO
Dr Love said:
No, they're just asking good, tough, in depth questions. Something you don't see from the normal American sports writer.

wow , good one !! it is only fair since canada gets made fun of all the time !
the american SW could care less about hockey ..

espn.com has nothing up :lol

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
Seachd said:
What? I'm wondering why exactly this isn't a fair deal (or better yet, why you thought the NHLPA's proposal was so good for the league), and all you can do is answer with stupid smilies and "roflmao". Good one.

hey, I'm not taking sides, but maybe PM him and discuss this. this thread could/will get ugly quick. thanks and no offense to either of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad