Today's Meeting: Any News???

Status
Not open for further replies.

coyotechrisz

Apr 21, 2004
Union shoots down proposal

Tuesday's meeting between the NHL and NHLPA have concluded after 3 1/2 hours of talks. Bob Goodenow will address the media this afternoon and you can get all the details on Sportsnetnews at 6 pm ET / 3 pm PT.

:banghead:

yeah.. leafer4life was faster..

Benji Frank

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This time it's the players holding a press conference and the owners remaining MUM after the meeting. A little deja vu??

I think this whole thing is preorchestrated. We'll see hockey in the next few weeks.....

Go Flames Go*

If they had to meet for 2 hours to discuss the sexy proposal the Owners presented then it must have had some good things in there especially the linkage as Bill Daly has confirmed. Lets hope the PA holds a meeting with there players this week to try to get a larger % of revnues possibly up to 56-58%.

No matter what they try or say the players will be crumbled by uncle Bettman and there will be a cap.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
Its all on the owners now. lets face it the league could have done something with the players proposal. someday our kids are going to ask us about the nhl when fringe regional leagues are the only thing going on.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Did anybody expect anything different?

Both sides have now made their "official" proposals, now they hunker down until the "final" offers a week or two from now. It's all part of the game.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Digger12 said:
Did anybody expect anything different?

Both sides have now made their "official" proposals, now they hunker down until the "final" offers a week or two from now. It's all part of the game.

I was not expecting them to shoot down the proposal so quickly.

Well, I was, but I was hoping they wouldn't.

Go Flames Go*

Son of Steinbrenner said:
Its all on the owners now. lets face it the league could have done something with the players proposal. someday our kids are going to ask us about the nhl when fringe regional leagues are the only thing going on.

Blame the players for being greedy and ending the game not the owners.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Son of Steinbrenner said:
But if there was no linkage between revenue and player costs, ultimately the owners weren't going to go for it.

Even the Leafs said that the last offer from the PA wouldn't work. :amazed:

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
Go Flames Go said:
Blame the players for being greedy and ending the game not the owners.
blame somebody for wanting to make the most money possible? sorry i didn't grow up in the soviet union. the owners are the ones that were dumb enough to pay the players the contracts.

if somebody offered you the money the players make you would take it.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
This is just another step in a drawn-out process. Not only is the "bargaining game" being played but so is the "PR game." I expect at least another 2 weeks of this crap.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
slats432 said:
But if there was no linkage between revenue and player costs, ultimately the owners weren't going to go for it.

Even the Leafs said that the last offer from the PA wouldn't work. :amazed:
there doesn't have to be a linkage between revenues and player costs. name a business in this world that has cost certanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad