Today I...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TickleMeYandle

Not so fast,
Dec 19, 2011
Thanks for the comments, she does look cute! She's just SO excited, I think she's going to be pushing hard to go skate today but I've told her no, tomorrow and Sunday! Of course she needed pink tape, and you can bet she would have done a pink jersey if they had had them. I have red, black and pink tape in my bag and she's already advised me that the pink tape is now hers.

I went to the women's drop-in and there were only 4 of us there - 3 positions and a goalie. So we did some 2 on 2, worked on some passing, worked on shooting. I made a HUGE improvement last night: I got some shots off the ice and into the air!!!!!!!!! It hasn't happened for me before but I got about 4-5 shots to do that.

And we had a goofy moment, we were playing to the blue line and so I cleared all of the extra pucks out of that end, just whacked 'em so they weren't in the way. One of them I hit without even looking or aiming and not only did it go all the way down the ice, it went right into the net! My first EN goal, ha ha.

PanHandler

Jun 19, 2012
So i called my LHS and asked if they have any used gear like you guys suggested and it turns out they have a whole used gear section in the shop. They also told me about a gear swap day where sometime before the beginning of the season, people will come to this swapmeet type deal and sell their used gear for dirt cheap. so ill make sure i attend that. The one thing i will buy new is skates. I have a thing about wearing other peoples shoes and such. gross.

judge301

Aug 19, 2008
left human DNA in a goat and got kicked out of the petting zoo..... who knew they actually had a policy against such things...:booboo::baghead:

stocky

Jun 29, 2012
B-ville
Got a ticket on the way to the rink tonight. Apparently I " blew through two stop signs" Well, there is only one between my building and where I got pulled over, and if anything, I did a rolling stop at it. Some people cant count. :thumbd:

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Taped a few dead batteries and a single puck near the end of my hockey stick shaft.

After handling with it for a while, any composite stick feels as light as a q-tip.

judge301

Aug 19, 2008
Apparently you didnt read any of the first post, son.

Clearly I didn't read enough for the newly signed up thread policeman. I've never seen a moderator with only 13 total posts. Dude, just drop it. It was clearly meant to make people chuckle! I can't help the fact you either have no sense of humor or were personally offended because of a prior experience of your own. This will be my final apology so just let it go.:help:

PaperworkNinja

May 24, 2012
Among Bureaucrats
will take you back to Saturday afternoon. I got on the ice early and did some passing work. I'm getting better with the toe-drag-to-saucer-pass move I've been working on in my basement hockey corner. I was happy I was able to float it from side to side. The other fun part was being able to able to use that to get past a defender during 1-on-1 drills and score. That wasn't bad.

PanHandler

Jun 19, 2012
Clearly I didn't read enough for the newly signed up thread policeman. I've never seen a moderator with only 13 total posts. Dude, just drop it. It was clearly meant to make people chuckle! I can't help the fact you either have no sense of humor or were personally offended because of a prior experience of your own. This will be my final apology so just let it go.:help:

I was offended because there are young people, including my son, who read these threads and the content of your post was inappropriate and completely unnecessary. Why does it matter how many posts i have on an internet forum? Im sorry if you think i dont have judgement because i dont live on the internet.

I would have laughed at the joke if i knew this was an adult only website, but it isnt. There is a time and place for that kind of thing.

Anyways, back on topic. I cant wait to get back on the ice. The new rink is supposed to open late this month.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010

I don't find bestiality funny under any circumstances. Let's keep this discussion hockey related.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
met and skated with a pro just signed by the Flyers at stick and pucks. Nicest guy in the world. Darren Elliot was there also, hanging in the lobby! I think there was some kind of camp happening or he was there with his child. I would have loved to chat with him but instead gave him a friendly nod.

Usually scrimmaging is against the rules but the young lady running the show said it was OK. We had a 4/4 in one end and then later everyone agreed to play full ice, 3 each on the benches. Probably the best s&p I've been to in 2 years of going. Laughed a lot and practiced super hard.

izzy3

Dec 3, 2009
... got hit in the throat by a puck from a deflection. Actually it was more scary than painful, even slept pretty well, though it's a bit swollen now, so swallowing anything, even water is "fun". :booboo:

Hope I'm good till Thurday for my league game.

kr580

Who knows.
Aug 9, 2009
California
... got hit in the throat by a puck from a deflection. Actually it was more scary than painful, even slept pretty well, though it's a bit swollen now, so swallowing anything, even water is "fun". :booboo:

Hope I'm good till Thurday for my league game.

Ouch. Hope you heal up quickly. One time when playing defense I was fighting off a guy in my goalie's crease and I somehow leaned forward to get a good push on him... just as my goalie slides to his right and jabs me in the throat with the butt of his stick. Felt awesome.

Today I.... rested more in hopes that my sprained ankle will heal, haha.

Axman

MoreSkilledThanYou
Feb 9, 2011
Finally got the first goal of the summer season.

Congrats! Still waiting on mine. Hopefully it comes Thursday night in front of the wife as she will be one of maybe two fans we have in the stands :laugh:

Been in a long drought this session. Hopefully just grinding it out will open the floodgates.

Today I will check the Pens board hoping for good news on Alex Semin and work on my shot off ice after some yardwork. :yo:

Stories

Science!
Sep 10, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Got slashed while on a breakaway last night across the left hand (I'm a LH shot) and my last two fingers started bleeding profusely. Had to go off the ice and get it fixed. Worst part, I missed the shot (was going to roof it backhand) and didn't get a slashing call. :rant:

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Yeah it's been crazy. I had 26 points in 20 games in winter and then went six games without a goal. Nice goal too. I switched back to the Drury, a defenseman took a slapper from the point, deflected off a guy in front right on to my blade, I couldn't believe it. Waited a split second for the goalie to go down and just shelfed it like I was going to shoot through the twine.

Side note, holy crap it would be crazy if you guys got Semin. I think he's really underrated. Semin and Malkin/Crosby? We'll see you in the Finals :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad