Today I...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stocky

Jun 29, 2012
B-ville
I have seen this type of thread on a few of the other types of forums, but I have never seen a hockey one before (also did a quick search here, and didnt find one). The point is simple. What did you do today that has to do with hockey? It can be anything from your latest purchase, your visit to the hockey shop, going to a game, to the most recent improvement you made in your game. Feel free to post pictures as well!

Today I bought some Vapor X3.0s, and a few pucks. Since the hockey bug was acting up, I wanted to get some stick time in. I headed over to a small sport court rink that is close, grabbed my XR3s and skated around and practiced my shooting.

2012-04-28201659.jpg

Well, I finally figured out how to give my slapshot some lift, and apparently I was shooting hard enough, because I ripped through the netting that is above the boards, twice. Once with a roller hockey puck, and once with an ice puck (I wanted to see what it felt like to shoot it since its heavier than a roller puck) Practiced some crossovers and skating backwards as well.

What did you do today?

Last edited:

TickleMeYandle

Not so fast,
Dec 19, 2011
Yesterday, I called the rink and got put on the list for stick time today. And I signed up for a game (not drop-in, but an 'organized drop in' sort of thing with actual lines and teams) to be played tomorrow.

I've been in Hawaii for a month and haven't skated since I left town. I'm really looking forward to getting back on the ice today.

Axman

MoreSkilledThanYou
Feb 9, 2011
Thought about buying a Parise jersey when the Pens sign him... :nod:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Today, I drank beer and watched Spain destroy Italy 4-0.

As for hockey-related stuff, I noticed my blocker was in the way of the recycling bin being taken out to the curb tonight, so I kicked it.

stocky

Jun 29, 2012
B-ville
Today I looked online for a rink in my area that had some open skating, or stick time. Didnt find any...

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Today I drove five hours back from Wisconsin, bought groceries, then played hockey where I continued to be snake bit and then got a nasty slash on the BOTTOM of my wrist and blocked a shot with my toe (ouch). Pretty decent day.

kr580

Who knows.
Aug 9, 2009
California
Yesterday (it's 1AM) I ordered a set of inline chassis so I can convert one of my ice skates into inline skates. I work until 10:30 PM every night and ALL the ice pickups are in the evening so I haven't been able to play hockey in nearly 2 months. I'll at least be able to mess around in my blades during the day soon.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Read HF Trade rumours section, get trolled by division rival fans.

Haven't played hockey in 3 weeks and counting and I feel like I'm dying.

kr580

Who knows.
Aug 9, 2009
California
Haven't played hockey in 3 weeks and counting and I feel like I'm dying.

I haven't played in 7 weeks. I think I have died already. I have the opportunity to play 5 pickups and a stick time this week (Mon-Fri). We'll see how many I can manage, haha.

Axman

MoreSkilledThanYou
Feb 9, 2011
Beer league team practice, accidentally high sticked a buddy in the head, heard two decent jokes in the locker room, drank some beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad