GDT: TMT: THRASH METAL THREAD - Jets vs Canucks, Feb.3 @ 9:00pm Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
it was deflected , again if you don't play the position you don't get it

just like hutch last night not able to close his legs, that first goal was the worst on either of them ALL year.

Nice subtle start on the board...........I like it.

seasontixholder*

Good goalies make saves they should. Great goalies make saves they should and they shouldn't. Pav is good not great. Hence the 25th ranking.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

just like hutch last night not able to close his legs, that first goal was the worst on either of them ALL year.

Short side: there shouldn't have been any space for that, deflection or not. Soft goal, which is unfortunate given that he's had a very good game.

And you don't have to be a goalie to judge the position - sorry.

Trouba95*

We'll give up one late. Book it. Pavs doesn't inspire any confidence in these type of games.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Holy !!!! :amazed:

Pav's lets in a softy and all the Pav defenders come out of the woodywork.

[mod]

Oh well... sigh... :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Pav lover excuses, he was screened, defence fault, he had no chance, forwards fault, no goalie in the league would have stopped that, plus many more! The guy is ****ing garbage!!

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

Yo.

If it were deflected (honestly, can't see a deflection on slo-mo on Gamecenter, but whatever), it's still a bad goal, as it was short side on him, unless it were significantly deflected. That one wasn't.

Also, yes, the first goal on Hutch yesterday was worse than any of the goals of Pavs today. That doesn't help us.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Trainers, please freeze that part of Ladd's brain that tells him it's a good idea to take an unnecessary penalty late in the third.

Draward

Nov 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
So let me ask you:

Name one goalie who has been a starter since 2010-2011, who is still a starter, and who has put up worse numbers than Pavelec over that time.

As a secondary question, name one who fits that criteria who may have had better numbers but by your almighty eye test, was and is still a worse starter.

That's an easy one bud Corey Crawford, the guy is a bag of ****, there is a reason he was in the minors for 5 years, he's absolutely terrible and if he wasn't on Chicago he would be exposed.

Derfel*

So let me ask you:

Name one goalie who has been a starter since 2010-2011, who is still a starter, and who has put up worse numbers than Pavelec over that time.

As a secondary question, name one who fits that criteria who may have had better numbers but by your almighty eye test, was and is still a worse starter.

[mod]

I watched the replay on nhl.com - Pavelec could have been in better position, but it did come up off the stick on a deflection. So he could have played it better, but I wouldn't call it "extremely soft" or whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sanhadrin

Jun 6, 2011
Pavs save % is at 93.3% for the game after that goal. Considering that's the only soft one he's given up and has otherwise played well, he gets a pass from me. I'm more puzzled why Chiarot couldn't box him out.

seasontixholder*

When Pav gets the Jets a Stanley Cup, I'll let him have an off year like Quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad