TMNT fan thread - (TMNT: Mutant Mayhem sequel Oct 9th, 2026!)

Sep 19, 2008

They seem okay, I saw them in store today but wasn't really tempted to buy them.

1690673364292.png

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Saw the new movie tonight, 6/10 for me. The art style was something I was concerned with going in but it grew on me as the movie progressed. Interesting choice in direction for the story that I didn't really care for from what I remember about the original. Overall it was fun, I'd watch a sequel, but it didn't blow me away by any means.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The movie was amazing. Had a Stranger Things feel to it, music and all. The animation took time to get used to but about 20 mins into was fine. I thought the voice acting was great and it just brought back a lot of child hood memories.
Oh and the Ferris Bueller bit was great.

Rogen managed to take multiple generations of pop culture and merge it into one movie. It felt like it didn’t matter how old you were could still appreciate the movie.

The end credits. Oh boy! So happy there will be a series on paramount and a sequel to the movie which the series will lead into it.

Please dethrone Barbie! lol if you have not seen it yet get out there, doesn’t matter how old you are or if you have kids or not. It’s a great movie.

Reactions: PizzaAndPucks

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The movie was amazing. Had a Stranger Things feel to it, music and all. The animation took time to get used to but about 20 mins into was fine. I thought the voice acting was great and it just brought back a lot of child hood memories.
Oh and the Ferris Bueller bit was great.

Rogen managed to take multiple generations of pop culture and merge it into one movie. It felt like it didn’t matter how old you were could still appreciate the movie.

The end credits. Oh boy! So happy there will be a series on paramount and a sequel to the movie which the series will lead into it.

Please dethrone Barbie! lol if you have not seen it yet get out there, doesn’t matter how old you are or if you have kids or not. It’s a great movie.

How did you feel about
all of the antagonists joining the turtles to take down Superfly? I thought it was cool to have them in the movie but the turn to the good side felt shallow and way too quick for some of the most important villains in the franchise, specifically Bebop and Rocksteady.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How did you feel about
all of the antagonists joining the turtles to take down Superfly? I thought it was cool to have them in the movie but the turn to the good side felt shallow and way too quick for some of the most important villains in the franchise, specifically Bebop and Rocksteady.

Well it’s interesting. Some of the mutants have been allies in past series. Mondo Gecko for one has always been an ally, Leatherhead depends on the series. But bebop and rocksteady have always been villains. I was fine with that. Have always wanted to see Beebop and Rocksteady be the good guys for once. We sorta saw that in the 2012 series finale.

I had two issues with the movie as a TMNT fan, one was Michaelangelo was too monotone and boring for me. He was always the fun and party one, I felt the other turtles were much better with their personalities and Leo and Raph were almost perfect. Leader vs Hot head. There has always been friction between Leo and Raph and this movie had a little of that. Getting back to Mikey, Nothing against the actor but I hope they consider someone with more upbeat personality. He is after all, always been the party dude. Lol

Lastly was they totally threw out the Hamato Yoshi story. They took the Michael Bay approach and didn’t like that. Splinter was either Hamato Yoshi turned into a Rat or the pet rat of Hamato Yoshi who studied his moves. But I didn’t let that major plot to the franchise ruin the movie for me. Sometimes fresh ideas are good . But this movie made up for the horrible Michael Bay movies.

Reactions: PK Cronin

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Well it’s interesting. Some of the mutants have been allies in past series. Mondo Gecko for one has always been an ally, Leatherhead depends on the series. But bebop and rocksteady have always been villains. I was fine with that. Have always wanted to see Beebop and Rocksteady be the good guys for once. We sorta saw that in the 2012 series finale.

I had two issues with the movie as a TMNT fan, one was Michaelangelo was too monotone and boring for me. He was always the fun and party one, I felt the other turtles were much better with their personalities and Leo and Raph were almost perfect. Leader vs Hot head. There has always been friction between Leo and Raph and this movie had a little of that. Getting back to Mikey, Nothing against the actor but I hope they consider someone with more upbeat personality. He is after all, always been the party dude. Lol

Lastly was they totally threw out the Hamato Yoshi story. They took the Michael Bay approach and didn’t like that. Splinter was either Hamato Yoshi turned into a Rat or the pet rat of Hamato Yoshi who studied his moves. But I didn’t let that major plot to the franchise ruin the movie for me. Sometimes fresh ideas are good . But this movie made up for the horrible Michael Bay movies.

The switch from bad to good was too abrupt for me and I felt like they didn't get enough screen time to build up their characters enough. I understand it's a PG movie so the time was definitely limited it was just a bit too quick for my liking.

I agree about the personalities for sure. The Raphael character was actually better than some of the ones I've seen where he's almost too brooding.

What they did to Splinter just wasn't right and was probably the bit I disliked the most. They made him the butt of the joke too many times. I never had a problem with him being the mentor and teaching the turtles so I'm not sure why everyone is in a rush to change it. It's not like the alternative versions are ever any better or make more sense to an already absurd premise.

I thought Ice Cube did a really nice job as Super Fly. The integration of music/pop culture at some points were really well done. Not sure how some of that will age with time but it was fine for right now. The pace of the movie was good and if it was a bit longer it wouldn't have bothered me at all. It'll be interesting to see where they take this next.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The switch from bad to good was too abrupt for me and I felt like they didn't get enough screen time to build up their characters enough. I understand it's a PG movie so the time was definitely limited it was just a bit too quick for my liking.

I agree about the personalities for sure. The Raphael character was actually better than some of the ones I've seen where he's almost too brooding.

What they did to Splinter just wasn't right and was probably the bit I disliked the most. They made him the butt of the joke too many times. I never had a problem with him being the mentor and teaching the turtles so I'm not sure why everyone is in a rush to change it. It's not like the alternative versions are ever any better or make more sense to an already absurd premise.

I thought Ice Cube did a really nice job as Super Fly. The integration of music/pop culture at some points were really well done. Not sure how some of that will age with time but it was fine for right now. The pace of the movie was good and if it was a bit longer it wouldn't have bothered me at all. It'll be interesting to see where they take this next.
Hopefully the series will develop some of the characters and go more into details. But I agree was pretty quick but when you have an hour and 40 mins those things will be rushed.

As per the music thought it was great. Had that synth in there and reminded me of Stranger Things, they mixed a lot of 80’s and 90’s culture in there.

Reactions: PK Cronin

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Saw the movie last night with the wife and 6 y/o daughter and everyone came home happy, I haven't really followed any of the TMNT stuff since the first few movies back in the early 90's, but enjoyed this one quite a bit, thought the animation style was pretty cool, and enjoyed the music and nostalgia stuff they were able to sneak in. I thought Ice Cube was great as well

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Great movie. I was a happy when I heard they were rebooting the franchise with a film dropping in theaters 2 hears ago. I thought it was going to be live action to make up for those terrible Michael Bay movies. Needless to say I was disappointed a bit when I heard it was going to be animated but I'm glad that's the direction they went in. Really fun movie , Seth Rogen and the team behind this made something special. Some people won't like what they did with their origin or how Splinter was portrayed and April being much different than her typical look. I love the fact thay they weren't afraid to make some changes to freshen things up. There was alot of characters particularly villains , they get a good amount of screentime and you will walk out loving characters like Mondo Gecko , Ray Filet and others. So much to like about this movie. It has that fun Into The Spiderverse vibe to it. I feel like thar movie being so successful really helped give this one a template to kind of use to make a movie that's modern but appeals to all different ages.

Can't wait for the sequel and the TV show.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I really enjoyed it, the action scenes were done so well. Like I said before in this thread that I feel like each show/movie takes a little bit to get use to in terms of animation style but I ended up really liking what they did.

I really only have one complaint and in reference to the complaints about Splinter's origin...

I think Splinter's story will be touched on more in the TV series or the next movie, he was super paranoid about humans and protecting the turtles that instead of telling the turtles the truth about how he was trained he used the videos as a cover story to explain and teach them what he's known.

My only major complaint is I wanted to hear the turtles theme song, original, remix, I don't care, just give me a version during the movie or the end credits lol

Last edited:

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I really enjoyed it, the action scenes were done so well. Like I said last before in this thread that I feel like each show/movie takes a little bit to get use to in terms of animation style but I ended up really liking what they did.

I really only have one complaint and in reference to the complaints about Splinter's origin...

I think Splinter's story will be touched on more in the TV series or the next movie, he was super paranoid about humans and protecting the turtles that instead of telling the turtles the truth about how he was trained he used the videos as a cover story to explain and teach them what he's known.

My only major complaint is I wanted to hear the turtles theme song, original, remix, I don't care, just give me a version during the movie or the end credits lol

Yeah, I was disappointed they didn‘t use the Hamato Yoshi background. Every series/movies/comics (not the michael bay ones) used that background, either he was a pet rat of Hamato Yoshi and learned the moves from observing, or was Yoshi himself.

But like you said, they can always revisit that in the series, it’s not set in stone

Reactions: Satans Hockey

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I really enjoyed it, the action scenes were done so well. Like I said before in this thread that I feel like each show/movie takes a little bit to get use to in terms of animation style but I ended up really liking what they did.

While he was comedic levity for the movie I didn't like what they did to Splinter at all. Hopefully they can fix that at some point but right now it didn't add anything to the movie, his comedy wasn't really needed.

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
Dunno. Heck, I even liked the 2012 3D version, was also a great series and darker. I also loved the 2007 TMNT CGI movie , animation and all, which was very dark and had Chris Evans voicing Casey Jones.

Also, heard Nickelodeon just bought the original series rights so they will be airing the original on there. Will now have two series running on there.

I am hoping for a rated R TMNT, and after the huge success of The Last Ronin, think we could see it soon.

Check out the '03 show if you haven't seen it and can find it. It's the darkest, closest to the comics and Leo is super prominent in it.

I think so!!!! I’ll be there opening day!

Apparently Netflix has a new one coming out. All of them are wearing the red masks again. It’s like the mirage comics

What? Really? Source?

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Check out the '03 show if you haven't seen it and can find it. It's the darkest, closest to the comics and Leo is super prominent in it.

What? Really? Source?

Yup, loved that series, till it got cheesy In the 6th and 7th season. Probably felt the show was too dark and tried to lighten things up.

I also liked how they portrayed Miyamoto Usagi and Gen in that one.

Reactions: Twisted Sinister

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
Yup, loved that series, till it got cheesy In the 6th and 7th season. Probably felt the show was too dark and tried to lighten things up.

I also liked how they portrayed Miyamoto Usagi and Gen in that one.

Yeah, Fox/4Kids executives were extremely squeamish at the time about how dark the show was getting, particularly in season 4. The straw that broke the camel's back for them was the season 4 episode "Insane in the Membrane" which was a very Body Horror episode about Baxter Stockman.

As a result, they completely shelved the 5th season (which was known as the Lost Season at the time, and is pretty fantastic), and went with the much lighter and fluffier "Fast Forward" season 6. Season 5 also has an episode that never finished production due to more body horror, called "Nightmares Recycled" dealing with Hun and Garbageman being conjoined twins, of all things.

Season 5 was only released on a website, and didn't air on actual TV until years later, after the show was done, I believe.

Meanwhile, the poorly-received season 6 pretty much killed the show and, while season 7 tried to take them back to the present, it had a pretty awful premise and maintained the janky tone of season 6.

On rewatches, I do season 1-5, then watch the series finale (you don't miss much), then Turtles Forever which, to this day, is still one of my favorite pieces of Turtles media.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, Fox/4Kids executives were extremely squeamish at the time about how dark the show was getting, particularly in season 4. The straw that broke the camel's back for them was the season 4 episode "Insane in the Membrane" which was a very Body Horror episode about Baxter Stockman.

As a result, they completely shelved the 5th season (which was known as the Lost Season at the time, and is pretty fantastic), and went with the much lighter and fluffier "Fast Forward" season 6. Season 5 also has an episode that never finished production due to more body horror, called "Nightmares Recycled" dealing with Hun and Garbageman being conjoined twins, of all things.

Season 5 was only released on a website, and didn't air on actual TV until years later, after the show was done, I believe.

Meanwhile, the poorly-received season 6 pretty much killed the show and, while season 7 tried to take them back to the present, it had a pretty awful premise and maintained the janky tone of season 6.

On rewatches, I do season 1-5, then watch the series finale (you don't miss much), then Turtles Forever which, to this day, is still one of my favorite pieces of Turtles media.

Yeah the Battle nexus, and Ninja tribune arcs were great. What I loved about the series they really dove deep into the characters especially Leonardo who thought was a failure and even had Usagi try and come cheer him up, lol..

That whole Fast Forward Season really ruined the series, they tried to bring things back with Season 7 but it was too late was still too cheesy.

Not sure if you remember the red sky episodes with the original TMNT. They tried to go darker, first season of that was pretty good but then after Rob Paulsen left to do other things, kinda was it for that series.

Reactions: Twisted Sinister

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Never mind. It was fake. But I would love for them to do something like this and bring back the 1984 type ninja turtles wearing the red masks to start. Would be cool.

There will be a Last Ronin video game for PS5 though…

Also, if you played Shredder’s revenge, getting a DLC…

Going to add characters like Miyamoto Usagi and Karai

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
There will be a Last Ronin video game for PS5 though…

Also, if you played Shredder’s revenge, getting a DLC…

Going to add characters like Miyamoto Usagi and Karai
Oh that will be awesome!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad