TMNT fan thread - (TMNT: Mutant Mayhem sequel Oct 9th, 2026!)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
@tardigrade81 @PK Cronin

TMNT not going away anytime soon. lol

Nope. They are a small group, so will continue to work. GI Joe, not so much.... Transformers, always something coming back these days. Always going to be Optimus, Bumblebee plus a few others. Megatron and Starscream and likely Soundwave for the Cons. Plus a few new ones. Enough to keep the trademarks.

Gone permanently away from them all looking the same, saving for the colors and the letter on their waist. Glad they didn't roid up Raph as they have in prior incarnations. Fine to be bigger than his brothers, but not by 25% bigger. Donny, made him look more brainy and Mikey, clearly shown to be the youngest. Leo, they go back and forth with his maturity and whether he feels like he's a true leader or not.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
After passing the 100 million mark domestically, movie is out digitally...

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's still in the theaters near me, I don't get the rush to go digital.

Yeah I don’t get it. Has been doing very well at the box office. About 140 million worldwide already. Doubled its production budget of 70 million.

I guess they are happy with the numbers for them to have it available on digital so early.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah I don’t get it. Has been doing very well at the box office. About 140 million worldwide already. Doubled its production budget of 70 million.

I guess they are happy with the numbers for them to have it available on digital so early.
The turnaround time from theatre to home viewing has been drastically shortened. Most DVD now are what like 4 months only or so between theatrical release vs over 6 months pre-Covid.

Wonder what research that studio has done to decide to push it to digitial so soon?

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The turnaround time from theatre to home viewing has been drastically shortened. Most DVD now are what like 4 months only or so between theatrical release vs over 6 months pre-Covid.

Wonder what research that studio has done to decide to push it to digitial so soon?

Yeah, I am not sure, it actually has been holding strong, just made another 8-9 million this past week. Even with all the competition. Barbie seems to be hurting everyone, lol.

I’m pretty content, we are getting a series and then a 2nd movie. Not sure who will return from the star line up, but Paul Rudd has to reprise his role as Mondo Gecko, “ No, I like your vibe” , “Theyz Got to go”. Lol.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Certain IP, probably better to remain animated vs. live action. Or it's still good to see animated movies in addition to the live action. Can't say I would bank on another live action TMNT.

This year, Mario Bros, Spiderverse have done great. TMNT, for their budget has been solid to good. Elemental, disappointed at the box office.

Personally, would like to see a Transformers animated movie. Huge fan of how the Prime series was done.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I was the perfect age for the 1987 cartoon when it came out. I'll always have a soft spot for TMNT because of that cartoon.

With that out of the way, I saw the latest movie last night and, unfortunately, it didn't do anything for me. It was too different in animation, story, characterization and music for my taste. I didn't find it funny, either, like most Seth Rogan stuff.

I just got the distinct feeling that I wasn't the target audience... and I totally get it. TMNT isn't made for grumpy 40-somethings living in the past (though I did really enjoy last year's Shredder's Revenge game, which did feel like it targeted my generation).

I have nothing against the movie. It just didn't resonate with me. My nephew, who's the same age that I was when the original cartoon came out, will probably love it, though, and that's good enough. It's cool that TMNT is still around and appealing to newer generations.

Reactions: tardigrade81

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I just saw it last night. Personally, not a fan of the animation style for the background. Little too much going on.

It was fine for newer viewers. But, that's what the franchise needs. Consistently getting a new audience.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
@Leonardo87 can’t remember if I asked you. What did you think of the new movie? I liked it. Very different take and I like that they went a different way than shredder for once

I just saw it last night. Personally, not a fan of the animation style for the background. Little too much going on.

It was fine for newer viewers. But, that's what the franchise needs. Consistently getting a new audience.
I agree with the animation. Overall loved the story and the different take on it. The animation and voices were hard to get on board with especially Donnie being voiced by a 5 year old lol

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
@Leonardo87 can’t remember if I asked you. What did you think of the new movie? I liked it. Very different take and I like that they went a different way than shredder for once

I enjoyed it a lot my only issue was hoping for more indie or Alternative rock on the soundtrack. Not a big hip hop fan.

I also think they got Leo and Raph to a tee as far as voice acting.

I’m looking forward to the series and next movie.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I enjoyed it a lot my only issue was hoping for more indie or Alternative rock on the soundtrack. Not a big hip hop fan.

I also think they got Leo and Raph to a tee as far as voice acting.

I’m looking forward to the series and next movie.
Agreed. I thought it was really good

My gripes were I didn’t like Jackie chan doing the voice of splinter. I didn’t like that and Donnie’s voice but other wise was really good

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Agreed. I thought it was really good

My gripes were I didn’t like Jackie chan doing the voice of splinter. I didn’t like that and Donnie’s voice but other wise was really good

Mondo Gecko was awesome…

IMG_4739.gif

• Love

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022
Got my Shredder in Hell BTS figure yesterday, it's pretty damn cool. Love Santolouco's work. IDW has done phenomenal things for TMNT. Can't wait to see The Shredder in Mutant Mayhem 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Satans Hockey

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
That has to be the furthest away to-the-day release date that I've ever seen. Two and a half years. They might be the Adult Mutant Ninja Turtles by then.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
That has to be the furthest away to-the-day release date that I've ever seen. Two and a half years. They might be the Adult Mutant Ninja Turtles by then.
At least it's realistic? Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse was scheduled to be released a month from today until not very long ago and now there is no official target date for a release. I wouldn't be surprised if that movie gets released 2026 as well.

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022
Looking forward to their iteration of The Shredder, and glad they kept it for the sequel.

Maybe, I'll change my username to TheShredder88 :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad