TMNT fan thread - (TMNT: Mutant Mayhem sequel Oct 9th, 2026!)

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I’m telling ya dude, Read the first few books of Usagi and you will be into it. They are re-issuing books 1-7 now. That one is Book 4: The Dragon Conspiracy. Excellent story. He has like 3o something books, so much to still read, lol.
Oh thanks for the reminder! I was going to give my comic shop (where I have a file) a heads up to order them in for me!! I’m excited

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Decided to buy one. Got it together then noticed it didn't have the parts for the riser! Contacted One Up and they told me to take it back to Walmart and exchange it. Blah.

Yeah the riser is critical. Hopefully you were able to get another one.

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
I just discovered that the 2003 series is on cbs access so as soon as I get through the Office I'll have to start watching it. I watched the 03 series as a kid and loved it so im excited to see how it holds up. As I recall for a kids show it was quite dark I still recall watching a triceraton sacrificing himself in one episode.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The Last Ronin, 3 of the 70
Covers...

A2F8ABA9-FD82-483F-BAC0-75B2115BB779.jpeg

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I just discovered that the 2003 series is on cbs access so as soon as I get through the Office I'll have to start watching it. I watched the 03 series as a kid and loved it so im excited to see how it holds up. As I recall for a kids show it was quite dark I still recall watching a triceraton sacrificing himself in one episode.

2003 series was great. Yeah it is closer to the original comics which is darker than the original cartoon.

I just recently rewatched it, and the Usagi Yojimbo cross over episodes were excellent.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
@tardigrade81

so I’m caught up with the IDW series. Last 10 issues were good, liked them getting back together and Mikey finding Klunk. lol. But the whole mutant town has been a little weird for me.

I’ve been reading a lot of Usagi Yojimbo and am up to book 16 already.

3C99DAB0-11D0-4A28-946D-DBCAF4B6F5F0.jpeg

Such great stories. Cannot wait for the Netflix series.

Reactions: tardigrade81

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
@tardigrade81

so I’m caught up with the IDW series. Last 10 issues were good, liked them getting back together and Mikey finding Klunk. lol. But the whole mutant town has been a little weird for me.

View attachment 393337

Wow that looks awesome. Maybe I’ll find this gem and read it too. I. Need new reading material. The turtles series has been really good. I miss splinter and Shredder. See where the storyline goes with the 5 turtles now creating their own group and now having to basically make friends with Karai to save the world haha

I should find some Usagi!

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wow that looks awesome. Maybe I’ll find this gem and read it too. I. Need new reading material. The turtles series has been really good. I miss splinter and Shredder. See where the storyline goes with the 5 turtles now creating their own group and now having to basically make friends with Karai to save the world haha

I should find some Usagi!

Lol, I know I keep pushing Usagi but it’s really good stuff.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
@tardigrade81

View attachment 393337

Usagi is awesome. Sakai is one of the best storytellers in any medium.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Usagi is awesome. Sakai is one of the best storytellers in any medium.

I love the whole Feudal Japan setting with anthropomorphic animals. But yeah the stories are very well written and really gets you into the story and characters.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
@Leonardo87 looks like the new TMNT movie is set to hit theatres next year! Hope Seth Rogen does a good job.

Sweet! There is also a new video game coming out this year called Shredder’s Revenge on Nintendo Switch.

Are you up to date on the IDW comics? Really don’t care how they are turning out, I’m on #123 now. Felt like they lost a lot of direction after Issue 100.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Sweet! There is also a new video game coming out this year called Shredder’s Revenge on Nintendo Switch.

Are you up to date on the IDW comics? Really don’t care how they are turning out, I’m on #123 now. Felt like they lost a lot of direction after Issue 100.
Wow!!! Hopefully it’s good!!

and yes I am. I agree. I’m just not that interested in the mutant animals and that battle of the bands I thought was insanely stupid. I’m still reading them but not enjoying them near as much lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad