TMNT fan thread - (TMNT: Mutant Mayhem sequel Oct 9th, 2026!)

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Like I said started to read the original which has is being re-issued in full color, and it's great! Haven't started the new series yet but it's only up to issue #10 and will just keep collecting till I am ready to read.

That's what I'm doing now with TMNT, collecting then will catch up, I am still on the Invasion of the Triceratons stories, which has been excellent so far. City at War looks like it's gonna be amazing from all the cover art I am seeing.
Ya I’m all caught up on my tmnt. Need to start getting Usagi! I have quite a few comics on the go currently. Reading The flash, Batman, detective comics, ninja turtles etc. running out of room lol. Might have to switch to reading digital copies.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ya I’m all caught up on my tmnt. Need to start getting Usagi! I have quite a few comics on the go currently. Reading The flash, Batman, detective comics, ninja turtles etc. running out of room lol. Might have to switch to reading digital copies.

Just read up to issue #100, yeah man it has certainly gotten dark. I liked Jennika’s set up, was done very well, and warmed up a lot to her character, but did not like how they wrote splinter’s fate. Felt there was more needed, maybe I’ll find it in the later issues, believe they are up to 107 or 108 now. Also felt with City at War, there was a lot of stuff that was going on, too much at one time, with enemies coming from all different angles. I felt the Invasion of the Triceratons and Trial of Krang stories were a little more straight forward. But I guess for issue 100 they wanted to throw everything into Disarray and truly blow things up.

Anyway, I read up to Book 4 of Usagi Yojimbo. It is excellent. One character who is really cool is Gen, The Rhino Bounty hunter ronin, who you may recall seeing in the 2003 series. Totally recommend you pick it up, can get the books on kindle or paperback on amazon.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Just read up to issue #100, yeah man it has certainly gotten dark. I liked Jennika’s set up, was done very well, and warmed up a lot to her character, but did not like how they wrote splinter’s fate. Felt there was more needed, maybe I’ll find it in the later issues, believe they are up to 107 or 108 now. Also felt with City at War, there was a lot of stuff that was going on, too much at one time, with enemies coming from all different angles. I felt the Invasion of the Triceratons and Trial of Krang stories were a little more straight forward. But I guess for issue 100 they wanted to throw everything into Disarray and truly blow things up.

Anyway, I read up to Book 4 of Usagi Yojimbo. It is excellent. One character who is really cool is Gen, The Rhino Bounty hunter ronin, who you may recall seeing in the 2003 series. Totally recommend you pick it up, can get the books on kindle or paperback on amazon.
I agree with you completely man about splinters fate. I had a feeling it was coming, but didn’t know it would be like that.
One thing I know with comics, nothing stays dead lol. If a writer wants a character back they will bring him back. DC is king of that. Superman has died 2 or 3 times and brought back.

I doubt they leave splinter like this, but he will definitely be dead for a while. I do like where they are going with the turtles. A dark tone, and at first I wasn’t a fan of the 5 turtles. But she has grown on me, I actually think she will be around for a while!!! Glad you’re enjoying it!!

I definitely need to read Usagi, so many comics on the go at the moment ugh lol.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I agree with you completely man about splinters fate. I had a feeling it was coming, but didn’t know it would be like that.
One thing I know with comics, nothing stays dead lol. If a writer wants a character back they will bring him back. DC is king of that. Superman has died 2 or 3 times and brought back.

I doubt they leave splinter like this, but he will definitely be dead for a while. I do like where they are going with the turtles. A dark tone, and at first I wasn’t a fan of the 5 turtles. But she has grown on me, I actually think she will be around for a while!!! Glad you’re enjoying it!!

I definitely need to read Usagi, so many comics on the go at the moment ugh lol.

I think I approached Jennika differently when she was in the earlier issues that made me warm up to her character knowing what was going to happen to her, I knew her fate already, was hard to avoid spoilers, but did not know how it happened, and thought it was done very well.

As per Usagi I feel since he has been a part of the TMNT universe even if a separate comic, it feels very comfortable reading his stories, and I actually was pleasantly surprised how good they were. I’m sure there will be more crossovers in the future, I hope.

Reactions: tardigrade81

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I think I approached Jennika differently when she was in the earlier issues that made me warm up to her character knowing what was going to happen to her, I knew her fate already, was hard to avoid spoilers, but did not know how it happened, and thought it was done very well.

As per Usagi I feel since he has been a part of the TMNT universe even if a separate comic, it feels very comfortable reading his stories, and I actually was pleasantly surprised how good they were. I’m sure there will be more crossovers in the future, I hope.
That’s awesome. I need to pick them up. And I think they definitely will do more crossovers. With a solo issue coming out. It will get popular which will lead to some cross ocers. Hopefully

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
@tardigrade81 looks like they cancelled that Rise of the TMNT series. Wasn’t very good. Only lasted 2 seasons.

Anyway, Been re-watching the 2003 series now. Kids these days just don’t know what they missed and it was good for all ages even us adults who refuse to grow up lol.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
@tardigrade81 looks like they cancelled that Rise of the TMNT series. Wasn’t very good. Only lasted 2 seasons.

Anyway, Been re-watching the 2003 series now. Kids these days just don’t know what they missed and it was good for all ages even us adults who refuse to grow up lol.
Oh man I knew it was only a matter of time! I wonder if they will bring back something similar to the 03 episodes!?

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Oh man I knew it was only a matter of time! I wonder if they will bring back something similar to the 03 episodes!?

Really want a PG type series. Darker and whatnot. A lot of TMNT fans are well into their 30’s and some in their 40’s. So think it would do well. It’s people like us that have kept the franchise alive and introduce our kids or younger generations to them. This last series didn’t serve the franchise any justice.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Really want a PG type series. Darker and whatnot. A lot of TMNT fans are well into their 30’s and some in their 40’s. So think it would do well. It’s people like us that have kept the franchise alive and introduce our kids or younger generations to them. This last series didn’t serve the franchise any justice.
Completely agreed! Why they don’t go back to that doesn’t make any sense. 03 was the perfect combination. Dark, but also classic turtles so kids don’t get scared. They need to keep it like that. For some reason, the new cartoons for anything are way too babyish. They do it with absolutely everything. Annoys me..... hopefully they realize after Rise of thr turtles series, that it didn’t work and they have to go back to the roots that made it popular. Also the graphics were atrocious.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Completely agreed! Why they don’t go back to that doesn’t make any sense. 03 was the perfect combination. Dark, but also classic turtles so kids don’t get scared. They need to keep it like that. For some reason, the new cartoons for anything are way too babyish. They do it with absolutely everything. Annoys me..... hopefully they realize after Rise of thr turtles series, that it didn’t work and they have to go back to the roots that made it popular. Also the graphics were atrocious.

You and I still spend money on books and comics so you would think that they want to gear to a more 25-35 yo crowd.

but yeah Rise was not good. Family guy has better graphics, and the voice acting was not good even with Rob Paulsen as a director which was disappointing.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
You and I still spend money on books and comics so you would think that they want to gear to a more 25-35 yo crowd.

but yeah Rise was not good. Family guy has better graphics, and the voice acting was not good even with Rob Paulsen as a director which was disappointing.
Yes agreed. I think there is a lot of 80s kids that would kill for an 03 series repeat. I’m not sure why they think the series has to be so baby like. You can have a more serious version but still have it for kids. Rise was absolutely ridiculous. Nothing about it was appealing to people. The graphics especially..... I tried to watch one episode and just decided I couldn’t lol.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Holy crap!! Getting these
upload_2020-8-22_16-50-10.png

Reactions: John Price

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan

They need to make Usagi pops lol

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They need to make Usagi pops lol

Ive been reading away with Usagi Yojimbo. Love the Feudal Japan setting, and the stories are great. About to hit Book 6 now. I hope this Netflix series really takes off, can really bring the comics back to more popularity.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Ive been reading away with Usagi Yojimbo. Love the Feudal Japan setting, and the stories are great. About to hit Book 6 now. I hope this Netflix series really takes off, can really bring the comics back to more popularity.
Oh that sounds a Awesome man!

have they announced a date yet when it is coming to Netflix ?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I wasn't a big fan as a kid. Perhaps it was just a bit too after my time. That said the cartoon had some great stuff in it looking back. Have to say that I have seen bits and pieces of Batman vs TMNT because of the toys and it wasn't half bad. The NECA cartoon line of figures is great as are the DC Batman vs TMNT line (at the sale prices).

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I wasn't a big fan as a kid. Perhaps it was just a bit too after my time. That said the cartoon had some great stuff in it looking back. Have to say that I have seen bits and pieces of Batman vs TMNT because of the toys and it wasn't half bad. The NECA cartoon line of figures is great as are the DC Batman vs TMNT line (at the sale prices).

I find myself enjoying the comics old and new (IDW), and older series more now than when I was a kid. The 2003 series was very similar to the original comics and I’ve found it more enjoyable because can understand things a little better.

Batman vs TMNT was very good, imo. I also enjoy reading the graphic novels. They are on the 3rd one now.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Oooooooh man that is so awesome!!!!!

I’m telling ya dude, Read the first few books of Usagi and you will be into it. They are re-issuing books 1-7 now. That one is Book 4: The Dragon Conspiracy. Excellent story. He has like 3o something books, so much to still read, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad