News Article: Tkachuk the Captain

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Doe’s Tkachuk’s on ice game need some maturing? Sure it does , same with all young players. I don’t necessarily attribute that to any kind of entitled or lack of leadership however which you pointed out.

He’s still learning and growing and trying to right the ship of a floundering franchise all that the tender age of 22.

I would just perhaps have worded what you wrote differently and not made it as blanket statement about his lack of leadership. Only players in the room know how his leadership is really like.

Tkachuk will be fine, his game is only growing and I’m excited for him to be the face and captain of the franchise for a long time.

Please don't put words in my mouth. Entitled means having special treatment or privilege. At times, Tkachuk's play demonstrates that, in no way did I say he lacks leadership. You need to reword what you thought I worded.

You are reading too negatively into my comments. My comments were about Giroux enriching and developing the very few--but sometimes notable--wrinkles in Tkachuk's on-ice play which can be reflected on his leadership or affect team performance (as some of those plays have led to direct losses). It is to elevate Tkachuk to a more humbled and mirrored performance of holistic team success.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Please don't put words in my mouth. Entitled means having special treatment or privilege. At times, Tkachuk's play demonstrates that, in no way did I say he lacks leadership. You need to reword what you thought I worded.

You are reading too negatively into my comments. My comments were about Giroux enriching and developing the very few--but sometimes notable--wrinkles in Tkachuk's on-ice play which can be reflected on his leadership or affect team performance (as some of those plays have led to direct losses). It is to elevate Tkachuk to a more humbled and mirrored performance of holistic team success.

I won’t argue semantics with you but I appreciate the response

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Let Tkachuk be Tkachuk, he's not going to be like some other favourite captains, he is his own man & will do things his way which is fine. He will learn with his mistakes & with what he does right, he has already proven he is one of the best young players in the league & the players, media & teammates seem to love him, He is already doing something right & has brought some respectability to this team & franchise. I don't want him to change, he's fine just the way he is & hopefully will continue to play his rough style. Maybe it's the fans that should change their expectations.

And let's not forget that it was Brady who invited Stutzle to live with him & Norris (Norris speaks German) & made Tim feel comfortable & at home here in Ottawa. They now have all three signed up long term along with Batherson who is another very good young player. Both Sanderson & Boucher have both said how Tkachuk has reached out to them, Tkachuk clearly tries to help all of his teammates be better, he's proving he is a great captain.

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Best Captain in the NHL - this season he’s going to get MVP talk not for his play but for his leadership.

Reactions: aragorn

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I’m always somewhat positive in here, but I am suffering from unfettered excitement for this upcoming season to a level that I have never felt before for this team.

We have so many boxes ticked.

Off-season moves, on ice moves, so many of the perfect players and people in the right spots. The rumours of the group are of epic tightness and bursting chemistry, and the skill, grit, and tenacity of play is exactly my dream situation. Epic leadership group, everyone looks to have bought in, and new guys have to.

Listening you can tell how excited each guy is to get camp started, from Dorion on down it’s a vibe that reaches all the way to my little island out here.

Can’t wait. Can’t wait for leaf and habs games. Can’t wait to hear from you guys about the atmosphere at home games.

Since it looks like we’re going to model the new arena after Climate Change Place out here in Seattle, maybe I’ll be able to get a little taste of the feel when I watch the Sens play there…

Sorry for the morning happy rant, the feels are good.

Go Sens!

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I’m always somewhat positive in here, but I am suffering from unfettered excitement for this upcoming season to a level that I have never felt before for this team.

Off-season moves, on ice moves, so many of the perfect players and people in the right spots.

Can't help but think we need one more top 4 to truly cover our bases. Still a notable gap.

We are at a big advantage that we could play through the first 20 games and reevaluate and make a midseason trade to cover that weakness if it appears.

Gotta think Sens praying Hamonic or Lassi Thomson step up in a big way.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Can't help but think we need one more top 4 to truly cover our bases. Still a notable gap.

We are at a big advantage that we could play through the first 20 games and reevaluate and make a midseason trade to cover that weakness if it appears.

Gotta think Sens praying Hamonic or Lassi Thomson step up in a big way.
If Hamonic plays the way he did last season he’ll be fine as a number 4 guy, it’s if he regressed that it would suck. DJ also said he was injured to close out the season for what that’s worth.

I really want Lassi and JBD to get a shot, in my opinion we really have to see what they turn into.

Reactions: Samsquanch

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
If Hamonic plays the way he did last season he’ll be fine as a number 4 guy, it’s if he regressed that it would suck. DJ also said he was injured to close out the season for what that’s worth.

I really want Lassi and JBD to get a shot, in my opinion we really have to see what they turn into.

I Like Hamonic in the bottom pairing, don’t feel he can play a top 4 anymore.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I Like Hamonic in the bottom pairing, don’t feel he can play a top 4 anymore.
I hear you, and we’ll see, but I’d still like to see what the kids have. Holden could also be the guy who plays with Sanderson while Hamonic plays with Branstrom.

And then there is Zaitsev…

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

Off-season moves, on ice moves, so many of the perfect players and people in the right spots. The rumours of the group are of epic tightness and bursting chemistry, and the skill, grit, and tenacity of play is exactly my dream situation. Epic leadership group, everyone looks to have bought in, and new guys have to.

Listening you can tell how excited each guy is to get camp started, from Dorion on down it’s a vibe that reaches all the way to my little island out here.

Can’t wait. Can’t wait for leaf and habs games. Can’t wait to hear from you guys about the atmosphere at home games.

Since it looks like we’re going to model the new arena after Climate Change Place out here in Seattle, maybe I’ll be able to get a little taste of the feel when I watch the Sens play there…

Sorry for the morning happy rant, the feels are good.

Go Sens!
This is the happy guy I was referring to!

Reactions: Ice-Tray

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I hear you, and we’ll see, but I’d still like to see what the kids have. Holden could also be the guy who plays with Sanderson while Hamonic plays with Branstrom.

And then there is Zaitsev…
It will be interesting how the defence plays out this yr. Chabot & Zub would be a perfect 1st pairing, Sanderson with the vet Hamonic could also be a good pairing, but with Hamonic being a UFA this yr maybe they extend him or one of the two RDs in Belleville replace him. My guess would be JBD, but I expect both JBD & Lassie will get a shot for a number of games.

The 3rd pairing should also be interesting, while I expect that Holden & Zaitsev would be the shutdown tandem they should also give Brannstrom a number of games on D. Holden is also a UFA this yr & I doubt he is extended again & Kleven will be joining the team after his UND season is over. I expect Brannstrom to replace Holden but at some future point I expect that Kleven will be the long term LD on this team. We should see a transition on defence over the next two seasons from the older guys to the younger guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad